What's new

Syrian source : Bavar 373 air defense system has entered Syria

One also has to take into account how many batteries Iran can produce in a year and if the system has undergone revisions.
Also I hear that some of the key engineers are in Germany which means certain parts of the system need to undergo mah=or changes; anything new about this? Is it even true? Could some of them be traitors who secretly programmed a weakness into the system to be exploited in the future in a manner similar to Natanz?

We should have a sweep stake on how long it takes Israel to blow up this Bavar system. I give it 8months from now if the Syrians are confident enough to use them ...

One also has to take into account how many batteries Iran can produce in a year and if the system has undergone revisions.
Also I hear that some of the key engineers are in Germany which means certain parts of the system need to undergo mah=or changes; anything new about this? Is it even true? Could some of them be traitors who secretly programmed a weakness into the system to be exploited in the future in a manner similar to Natanz?
I doubt very much if they will allow Key engineers in any defence related program to travel outside of Iran...If anybody travelled to Germany (very doubtful since Germany is full of Mossad agents) it would need vetting at very high levels before that happens....but having said that..under MI6 station chief agent in Iran (President Rouhanni) anything is possible..!!:undecided::undecided::undecided:

im highly skeptical of this.

it would not be a good idea for Iran to introduce its top of the line system nobody knows anything about in an environment thats impossible for the SYrian government to protect it.

its like the US trying to arm the afghan government with F-35s...

the only way this would make any sense would be if its a highly downgraded version Iran itself is not using anymore, and are operated by Iranian SAM operators, with a commitment to directly respond to a potential attacker with a major ballistic missile barrage.

absent that, i just dont see how this is a good idea...

I don't know why people are overestimating IsAF in this case. They did lose an F-16I in 2018 after all...

I’d imagine the Bavar would be supported with 3rd Khordad with a supplementary Shorad system to protect both of them.

At this point it’s a matter of quantity. Even the best system in the world can be overwhelmed with numbers.
3rd of khordad is not a shorad and we dont hava a capable Shorad as far as I'm aware

1619383748601.png
1619383910919.png

interesting. Wonder how it will perform? Never know what Iran is up to. If it performs well could be a sign of Iran's capabilities. If it performs poorly does that suggest Iran's stuff doesn't work or does it mean Iran is playing possum for whatever reason?

Fake news

Iran doesn’t have a cargo plane capable of carrying the Bavar and the chance that a convoy of air defense vehicles and support systems drove through Iraq and Eastern Syria on land and NO ONE saw? Yeah again unlikely.

By sea? Also unlikely given Israeli operations and spy satellites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom