What's new

Swedish Stealth fighter concept FS 2020

then add in Chinese and Russia 5th gens you gotta wonder if there would be any market left to exploit
Brazil and Finland might be possible buyers

Brazil and Finland might be possible buyers

that wouldn't justify the costs.
a cheaper and simpler upgrade would be a external enclosed weapons bay like the Advance Super Hornet

163474043-Advanced-Super-Hornet-Media-Brief_page21_image267.png

To top it off, Sweden is an oppressive monarchy where people are simply subjects ruled by a king or a queen who rule simply for being born into that position. Pathetic in this day and age. Just imagine what Sweden could be if it becomes a republic where people do not live their lives like serfs.

You are an ignorant moron.

Sweden is a constitutional monarchy, which means that the king does not rule.

The king has no rights whatsoever to have a public opinion on anything or anyone.
He is violating Swedish Law if he says that the price of milk is too high...

Unrealistic, just like Japan's F-3 project. Not because of technology, but because of politics. The US and the EU would never allow Japan and Sweden to develop 5th generation jets or else they would steal the US and the EU's market share. Swedish technology is phenomenal. Volvo tramps Toyota, Honda, Nissan.

Again You show that you have no clue about anything you care to comment about.

Key to fifth generation is stealth.
Sweden is already using stealth technologies in our ships.
Gripen, while not stealth, has LCS.

SAAB is a key partner in the stealth Neuron UAV.
This is in cooperation with a lot of other EU companies including DASSAULT.

As for this thread, it is not something that is beeing discussed at all, here in Sweden.
Possibly a paper exercise to keep engineers ready for the real thing,
which I would guess would be a networked fighter drone, or advanced reconnaisance drone
which will do early detection of stealth aircraft allowing the missile platforms to keep at the back.

Sweden is one cool country I was very fond of the old black Saabs before it was sold to GM and they ruined it!

Sweden reminds me of two things, both are extreme : Cold and exceptionally beautiful women :P Sorry, and off course Gripen the beauty ,oh and Volvo ....hmmm and Stockholm :cheers:

saab have ability of making such type of jets
they use american engine like in saab gripen
avionics,stealth material, and rcs can be made by saab
One of the reasons I like this board is that it drives me to learn new things. TIL that the Grippen is using an F414 variant (currently). It used to use the Volvo RM12. Apparently the original RM12 (design licensed from GE's F404 and modified) produces less power (the F414 is about 20% more powerful). Curiously, Volvo claims they could develop the RM12 to match the F414 for less money than the F414 would run. Surprising, in that Volvo didn't really develop the RM12 core themselves anyhow (see licensed production). GE would not be likely to help out, inasmuch as they would be cannibalizing F414 sales. GE does about half the RM12 work, per Wikipedia, and presumably all the F414 work, so enhancing the RM12 would not be as good for them. So, I'm not really sure what was going on here. Anyone have better info?

Time to learn yet another thing: It is spelled "Gripen"!

Translated blog on the engine choice:

Google Översätt

Maybe it is also related to Indias choice for LCA Mk 2.

Last edited:
swadeshi fighter means, assembled in India. :hitwall: Production units alone take 7 years to build.

Time to learn yet another thing: It is spelled "Gripen"!

Translated blog on the engine choice:

Google Översätt

Maybe it is also related to Indias choice for LCA Mk 2.
Thank you. Interesting link, it is about as I suspected. GE has no good reason to help Volvo's bid, and Volvo can't do it without GE cooperation - the core is still an F404, which means they get parts from GE, ultimately.

Thank you. Interesting link, it is about as I suspected. GE has no good reason to help Volvo's bid, and Volvo can't do it without GE cooperation - the core is still an F404, which means they get parts from GE, ultimately.

Uh nop. It is manufactured in house.

I always thought of version of the the jf-17 as a fifth G fighter the jf-17 already has some features to be there but it needs some funds the dimention of should really changed to a bigger one with bigger body we need bigger engine then a little bit of tthe design should come with acute edges also they should use big amount of carbon fiber that will defenetely lower its rcs to something acceptable level.

but that's need will caragous and money to do it here you are pakistan have your own fifth G fighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom