What's new

Supreme Court Pakistan and COAS Bajwa Extension: News & Discussions

Those saying that chief justice only raised legal issues about COAS extension, should also read the following comments of his.
Analyzing security situation is not judiciary job, it's government and security services job. Chief justice should stick to his job.
Also he says that dealing with security situation is army's job, then what is police job? He should also define that?
فوج کو نیچا دکھا کر اپنا نکما پن چھپانے کا منجن بیچنا چھوڑو اور اپنی عدلیہ پہ توجہ دو تاکہ لوگوں کو جلد اور سستا انصاف مل سکے ۔ ادھر تو حال یہ ہے کہ چند سو روپے جرمانہ والا مجرم عدالت میں پیشی کے انتظار میں کئ سال جیل میں پڑا رہتا ہے ۔

The performance of Pakistani judiciary is abysmal and taking a nose dive.
At least one case is pending since 1956 and many others are pending for more than 10 years.
There were 1.77 Million cases pending in 2014. As of 2018 there are 2.2 Million Pending cases and on the rise.
What the head of the Institution, the Chief Justice is doing about it?
Statistics speak for themselves, and these were published by the Law and Justice commission of Pakistan.

78499894_2414188925359944_1998316543296929792_n.png

Tomorrow FN should ask khosa one question only one question where in world a convicted criminal give affidavit that let me go I will back and his brother is his guarantee who himself on bail and rest of family is absconder from law? I assure he has no answer and all this bull crap he is doing is not his mandate to brush off his embarrassment. What a jack *** khosa is.

Bajwa has been kind of a dud. Right now Pakistan for atleast 10 years needs a dynamic leader like Raheel Sharif. After that we may have a mundane fly below the radar COAS and it would be fine.

New notification is done Bajwa will continue as COAS for next three yrs the current notification is cancelled so khosa should shove this in ***.
He is the one who confirmed Maryam Nawaz bail being woman how many women rotting in jail.??

Bajwa has been kind of a dud. Right now Pakistan for atleast 10 years needs a dynamic leader like Raheel Sharif. After that we may have a mundane fly below the radar COAS and it would be fine.
Bahi Rahel is history live with today not yesterday. This is not Khosa mandate and Govt should not step back nor Army and Bajwa. This is 6th extension in Pak also Gen kaker and Gen Raheel been offered extension but they refused

Seems horn stuck between PTI and Judiciary on Bajwa extension.
Yeh Govt should not step back otherwise ready to loose more ground

Government did screw up, that's why they amended the Army Act to include the word, 'Extension', and I find it shameful. And as @Jango said, the Government can extend the services of a member of the Armed Forces, but COAS has to be reappointed.

Lets see what the SC decides today, most likely it will accept the new notification.

Also this..

Government did screw up, that's why they amended the Army Act to include the word, 'Extension', and I find it shameful. And as @Jango said, the Government can extend the services of a member of the Armed Forces, but COAS has to be reappointed.

Lets see what the SC decides today, most likely it will accept the new notification.

I am not quite sure all the blame is on the govt.

I actually find the move to include extension as a good move. Make things more clear. Our laws are not clear on COAS reappointment.

The tenure of the Gen Bajwa's service as an officer has to be extended (i.e. suspension of retirement), while he has to be reappointed as COAS. Two different things according to two different rules.

The issue here is that when the last extension took place, the Mustafa Impex case did not happen. And the PM had full authority. After the Impex case, the federal government means cabinet. But the words in the rules and regulations say that the PM should send the summary to President, and there is no mention of the cabinet. And then there is no specific law which mentions reappointment of COAS.

So it's a mix match of a few different things. Everyone gets a bit of the blame.

Farogh Nasim resigns and is going be the lawyer for COAS.

What the heck is happening here.

BTW, there were also reports that the PM was on the back of Farigh Nasim.

But govt clarifies that he voluntarily resigned to be COAS's lawyer.
Too many more things come up from this Pandora Box in coming days! Now they amending constitution to make it legal mean in start it was all illegal steps taken by Govt and pass over constitution.
Sare Chunnu Munnu hain as per Doctor Dabaddoos. He didn’t mention but as per him for others.
IK a Chunnu Munnu ( mujhey tou pata Hi nahi thaa ) Mamnoon part two Alivi ( mujhey tou pata Hi nahi thha ) all cabinet special 11 who signed ( hamein tou pata Hi nahi thha )

Phir patta kisko thha? Bajawa Sahib ko?
Man this Govt is totally na ehel or IK want to run a one man show to do things over passing constitution.

Too many more things come up from this Pandora Box in coming days! Now they amending constitution to make it legal mean in start it was all illegal steps taken by Govt and pass over constitution.

So was Kayani's appointment legal?

I am not quite sure all the blame is on the govt.

I actually find the move to include extension as a good move. Make things more clear. Our laws are not clear on COAS reappointment.

The tenure of the Gen Bajwa's service as an officer has to be extended (i.e. suspension of retirement), while he has to be reappointed as COAS. Two different things according to two different rules.

The issue here is that when the last extension took place, the Mustafa Impex case did not happen. And the PM had full authority. After the Impex case, the federal government means cabinet. But the words in the rules and regulations say that the PM should send the summary to President, and there is no mention of the cabinet. And then there is no specific law which mentions reappointment of COAS.

So it's a mix match of a few different things. Everyone gets a bit of the blame.

Interesting point. Another problem that may arise, but very unlikely, is how SC decided in Musharraf's case that a public servant, including the Army Chief cannot be removed without proper procedure, is there a possibility that CJP will feel brave today and try to lay down the rules for appointment of COAS as well.

Also, since Army Regulations amendment was made during the course of this case, it might be raised in the court as being done in haste and with no value to public interest.

Interesting day ahead today!

Interesting point. Another problem that may arise, but very unlikely, is how SC decided in Musharraf's case that a public servant, including the Army Chief cannot be removed without proper procedure, is there a possibility that CJP will feel brave today and try to lay down the rules for appointment of COAS as well.

Also, since Army Regulations amendment was made during the course of this case, it might be raised in the court as being done in haste and with no value to public interest.

Interesting day ahead today!

Indeed.

Remarks are pretty strong by the CJP...this could get awry.

Maybe we will see the CGS as Army Chief tomorrow!

yeah the same Raheel Shareef Who did nothing after 1st surgical strike Uri, Yet so much fame..

you have right of your difference in opinion but you cannot deny and belittle achievement of Raheel Shareef regarding war on terror and after ALLAH ALMIGHTY Help it was mainly due to his efforts terrorists from karachi and fata are eliminated and terrorist attacks declined greatly in Pakistan which used to happen daily before his tenure as well india not dared to violate our airspace due to his firm stance after uri attack
yeah the same Raheel Shareef Who did nothing after 1st surgical strike Uri, Yet so much fame..

you have right of your difference in opinion but you cannot deny and belittle achievement of Raheel Shareef regarding war on terror and after ALLAH ALMIGHTY Help it was mainly due to his efforts terrorists from karachi and fata are eliminated and terrorist attacks declined greatly in Pakistan which used to happen daily before his tenure as well india not dared to violate our airspace due to his firm stance after uri attack
Too much fame he got, After URI indian claimed a fake surgical strike and they did violate out air space, he did nothing. The problem was benchmark was kayani thats why we had this opinion after all this was his job. Secondly we should not too much glamorise the people but the institutions. Cant understand this shit.

i think there was no evidence that surgical strike was true and india violated airspace after uri but balakot strike was deep within our territory which was a matter of concern and indian all mainstrem media reported that their jets violated our airspace unlike earlier surgicalstrike where there was no confirmation by india about their jets violating our airspace and was at most some landbased violation of ceasefire which happened few months ago again when india used cluster bombs and claimed it surgical strike.I think if we want to strengthen institution then there should be no extension of coas otherwise it seems that again we are revolving around personalities as it s happening now
Too much fame he got, After URI indian claimed a fake surgical strike and they did violate out air space, he did nothing. The problem was benchmark was kayani thats why we had this opinion after all this was his job. Secondly we should not too much glamorise the people but the institutions. Cant understand this shit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom