What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

missiles that can fly backward ? I heard that python-5 can do that

What they mean is missiles that have high off bore sights, to turn and get a lock on targets even behind the fighter. Russian current missiles lack far behind in this area to western like Python V, AIM 9X, Iris-T or MICA for example. Modern missiles are way more maneuverable and can be guided by way more sensors than before and with the 360° situational awareness that atleast FGFA should have, moden missiles must be available too. One reason I hope that the Maitri SAM co-development with French Sagem could be increased to a NG SR - Missile development too. We might have ASTRA development for the BVR range, but must think about the SR too and that co-development would be a logical base.

i think it will be only in russia and india till the next 15 years or so, then they will think of selling it!!

fgfa will be with india but russia may sell t-50 to china and other countries., you never know!

no way, Russia could sell it to China, as this is a JV between India & Russia & any decision of export should have approval from both countries, just like the Brahmos project, btw China is building it's own stealth fighter so why would it need T-50s.

no way, Russia could sell it to China, as this is a JV between India & Russia & any decision of export should have approval from both countries, just like the Brahmos project, btw China is building it's own stealth fighter so why would it need T-50s.

Having bad dreams !
FGFA will be joint venture b/w Russia n India not PAK-FA. PAK-FA is sole Russian Fighter like SU-30 where as India produce MKI under licence. Now if Russia can give SU-30 to china then why not PAK-FA. On the other hand China would not like to acquire it because they have several SF in pipeline.

What they mean is missiles that have high off bore sights, to turn and get a lock on targets even behind the fighter. Russian current missiles lack far behind in this area to western like Python V, AIM 9X, Iris-T or MICA for example. Modern missiles are way more maneuverable and can be guided by way more sensors than before and with the 360° situational awareness that atleast FGFA should have, moden missiles must be available too. One reason I hope that the Maitri SAM co-development with French Sagem could be increased to a NG SR - Missile development too. We might have ASTRA development for the BVR range, but must think about the SR too and that co-development would be a logical base.

You forget that it was Russia who first introduced high off bore sight missile technology with R-73. :cool:

R-73 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having bad dreams !
FGFA will be joint venture b/w Russia n India not PAK-FA. PAK-FA is sole Russian Fighter like SU-30 where as India produce MKI under licence. Now if Russia can give SU-30 to china then why not PAK-FA. On the other hand China would not like to acquire it because they have several SF in pipeline.

If Russia had to sell PAK-FA they could have sold to India also... there was no need to make FGFA with India....PAK-FA will not be sold to anybody specially to China....if China attacks Russia....Russia would not want to fight with Chinese PAK-FA....China is good in copying so Russia will not sell its latest technology to get copied....

Having bad dreams !

May be you have no detailed knowledge about these two projects.

PAK-FA: India is financially (50% funding) involved as well as technologically (mainly composite materials).
FGFA: India is financially (50% funding) involved as well as technologically (composite materials, two seat design cockpit, certain minor modifications, mission computers and few other avionic sensors).

PAK-FA: India is financially (50% funding) involved as well as technologically (mainly composite materials).
FGFA: India is financially (50% funding) involved as well as technologically (composite materials, two seat design cockpit, certain minor modifications, mission computers and few other avionic sensors).

Actually I believe it is more complicated than that. India was to only work on FGFA. But they also need to work on PAK FA to understanding the basic design as FGFA will be based on PAK FA. Indian funding of PAK FA will be around 35% as told in Russian media.

For FGFA, we will be funding 50% and two prototypes of the aircraft will be developed. Single seater version in Russia & twin seater in India. India will buy around 200 single seater and around 50-60 dual seater version.

Actually I believe it is more complicated than that. India was to only work on FGFA. But they also need to work on PAK FA to understanding the basic design as FGFA will be based on PAK FA.

Its actually too late, we joined the program very lately.

Indian funding of PAK FA will be around 35% as told in Russian media.

Development cost of FGFA is very less as compared to PAk-FA, so unless and until you are 50% financially involved in the project, no one is going to share the engineering and intellectual property in a 50-50 proportion.
Asia Times Online :: South Asia news - India, Russia still brothers in arms

Actually I believe it is more complicated than that. India was to only work on FGFA. But they also need to work on PAK FA to understanding the basic design as FGFA will be based on PAK FA. Indian funding of PAK FA will be around 35% as told in Russian media.

For FGFA, we will be funding 50% and two prototypes of the aircraft will be developed. Single seater version in Russia & twin seater in India. India will buy around 200 single seater and around 50-60 dual seater version.
I am bit confused. I though India and Russia will be having Single seater PAK-FA and Indian 2 seater version of PAK-FA ie FGFA will be for IAF as Russia isn't interested in twin seaters.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Source for your claim.
even the website Asia Times Online :: South Asia news - India, Russia still brothers in arms confirms Indian partnership in project AFTER FIVE YEARS for FGFA not PAK-FA.

Source for your claim.
even the website Asia Times Online :: South Asia news - India, Russia still brothers in arms confirms Indian partnership in project AFTER FIVE YEARS for FGFA not PAK-FA.

Poor reading dude :D

The agreement, which was signed at the seventh meeting of the Indo-Russian inter-governmental commission on military-technical

co-operation in Moscow, provides for joint development of the fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA), the Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA. The Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA is known for its super-maneuverability, supersonic cruising ability, long-range strike and high-endurance air defense capabilities. It is described as a rival to the US F-35 Lighting-II Joint Strike Fighter.

The deal on joint production comes almost five years after the Russians first proposed it.

India and Russia will have equal financial and technological stakes in the US$10 billion project. "We will share the funding, engineering and intellectual property in a 50-50 proportion," Sukhoi director-general Mikhail Pogosyan said. The Indian version of the FGFA would be different from the Russian version because of specific Indian requirements, he said.

I think I was right in post #840
FGFA is Indian name for twin seater PAK-FA. BTW IAF is going to get both :D

You forget that it was Russia who first introduced high off bore sight missile technology with R-73. :cool:

R-73 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's why I said "current" missiles, because those are outdated now and with the financial problems Russia wasn't able to come up with new more capable missiles so far.

That's not correct! India has no contribution in Pak Fa, since we wanted a customised version developed according to our requirements, that's the FGFA! We paid to get the 50% of the licence and production rights of the general projects, since both versions shares most of the parts anyway, but our version will be FGFA and our contribution in design and techs will be on FGFA as well!
T50 and the early Pak Fa versions will be developed only for Russian requirements, which could be lower than ours, but therefor can be inducted earlier (estimated at 2015). While FGFA was always aimed at 2017 the earliers and according recent reports 2019 now.

We will have a say on marketing and sale, since we paid for half of the project, our practical contribution to the project might be between 20 and 30% only and most of that for our version.

BTW IAF is going to get both :D

Most likely they don't, first of all because the single seat doesn't fit to their operational requirements, secondly because it is developed under Russian requirements for techs and materials, thirdly because they don't have to buy Pak Fa in return as many believe, because both versions share many parts, so if IAF orders additional FGFAs Russia will benefit as well.

Most likely they don't, first of all because the single seat doesn't fit to their operational requirements, secondly because it is developed under Russian requirements for techs and materials, thirdly because they don't have to buy Pak Fa in return as many believe, because both versions share many parts, so if IAF orders additional FGFAs Russia will benefit as well.
What's point in making another single seater from existing single seater ??? the electronics and controls can be modified according to IAFs needs in PakFa itself. Why create FGFA for single seat ???

Having bad dreams !

you are right bro..:police:

Back
Top Bottom