What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

Hey @gambit

Can you shed some light on AURORA, black project?
All the technical stuff I posted on this forum are in the public domain. All I did was format those information based upon my personal experience and knowledge to clarify misconceptions at the principles level. Any specifics I know of any US military programs that are still secret, I will never talk about them.

LmDYp37.jpg

Last edited:
SR-71 Blackbird was so fast it outran every missile and fighter jet encountered over enemy territory. In fact, neither enemy fighters nor enemy surface to air missiles were ever able to shoot down or to damage a SR-71. But the aircraft was never shot down also because it was hardly detected by enemy radars, being the first aircraft featuring stealth technology. Indeed, for the first time a special paint was used for Blackbird’s wings, tail and fuselage: since it contained iron ferrite, this paint absorbed radar energy instead of returning it to the sender.
If the only thing that matters was shaping, the SR-71 airframe could never be considered stealth. With an RCS of a small light aircraft, when the SR-71 was found on radar it was too late for a SAM computer to estimate its direction for a successful kill.
So, at that time, the SR-71 stealthiness was effective only because the Russians/Soviets didn’t have the proper technology to deal with him. Today, with the available technology, it would as detectable as an F-16!
As I said before, stealthiness is about low detectability. At the time of SR-71, the Russians didn’t have the proper technology to detect the plane within time enough to deploy the countermeasures.

The US stopped flying SR-71 over Sweden, after we sent up a JA-37 Viggen which took a close-in photo
of the surprised pilot.

what's that?

The question are to what degree
You just reminded me of what what my Professor said on first day of college "Everything is poison, it depends on the Quantity"
you eat too much, you'll get eating disorders
you drink too much, you'll get hepatomegaly which will progress to liver cirrhosis (throw in a lot of hangovers just for fun unless you got some pharmaceutical cocaine)
& you smoke too much, you'll get a lung-cancer
Boy I hope I never-ever have to enter an oncology ward again.:suicide:

What you have been trying to do was to downplay the tactical advantages that low radar observability have in any battlefield.
Well i must say that the F-22 fully-utilizes the "low-observability" you speak of, being the only fighter so-far developed for all-aspect stealth I mean not only from every direction but also in every method of detection radar,IR,acoustic,visual you name it, they got it but, you do realize this is a Half-billion $ fighter we're talking about. I mean how many Raptors can The USA afford to maintain in its huge fleet post-cold war? also this fighter costs so much more to fly than others that US has greatly reduced the no. of hours an average USAF F-22 flies and I don't know a lot but what's the readiness of the USAF's Raptor fleet?. I feel that even the USA realizes that it went a little bit "Too Far Away" with the F-22 Raptor and the so-called "low-observability tactics".

Don't expect US or his son NATO will set up a no-fly zone over Ukraine by F-22.
I don't think they would use as well..
What're you guys talking about? If Russia decides to go full-on in Ukraine in it's own backyard, there's nothing the USA or NATO can do with all of their f-22/35/16/18/15, EFTs & Rafales combined.

Previously the IAF had wanted twin-seaters in keeping with its air superiority doctrine of having two pilots on-board with one serving as a dedicated weapons systems operator - a doctrine that it has evolved through its experience with the Su-30MKI. But in the case of the FGFA it seems that there is an appreciable loss in terms of stealthiness arising from a larger radar cross section (RCS) for the two-seater configuration. There are also accompanying payload and combat radius penalties. These factors when taken together with the rising costs of development mean that the two-seater version does not make that much sense anymore.
Saurav Jha's Blog : The case for speeding up India's domestic fifth generation fighter projects
comments ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom