What's new

Suggestions to improve defence.pk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add report button for the users who use pdf with mobiles!! I sometimes use pdf with mobiles but I don't find any report button.

@ADMIN - suggestions are being deleted when they are against the operandi of any Mod... :ashamed: ..then why do we have this? :disagree:

Queries and complaints about moderation team can only be posted in GHQ not on the open board. Your post is not deleted, @WebMaster can access it anytime.

Back to topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have rarely used PM when it was available... I dont know why they removed.. is it because people decreased posting in threads and started PM? any technical issue?

PM is Frankenstein. It can be used for sabotage. Haven't heard of cyber crime???

Please post your comments, ideas, mod performances (positive or negative), etc by creating a thread in this section.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-headquarters/

We will do our best to address your concerns and continue to make PDF the best.

make an indian mod i say, atleast for their own section since they are the biggest visitors to their site, but have elections for it.

@hinduguy seems like reasonable person

Certain topics do keep on repeating from time to time such as 1971 issues, Kargil, comparison between Indian and Pakistani military and certain social issues such as rape.

I think new thread opening on these topics should be stopped and one dedicated thread should be available where every one can post.

Remove Aeronaut. He is not a mod stuff.

Actually I disagree. I had the same opinion when he was made a mod becuase of his sometime heavy(almost crazy) take on some issues. That still remains but he doesn't seem to allow that to colour his moderation. Having seen supposedly "better" mods guilty of leting their emotions get the better of them, @Aeronaut is a very pleasant exception.

make an indian mod i say, atleast for their own section since they are the biggest visitors to their site, but have elections for it.

@hinduguy seems like reasonable person

man..thanks.. but you have not seen me trolling yet... :omghaha:
and no I will never swap my god given right to troll, for a man made position.. :no:

There should be an Infraction counter near your avatar. If the user wants details then they'll check their profile. I've seen a forum where there were three greyed X marks. Once all three turns red then the user would be banned (likely a temporary one). By having this visual cue, members will have to think twice before hitting that Submit button.

Second, remove the Users Country Flag, Users Location Flag and maybe the Location. You may see a decline in nationality mudslinging.

Third, ban all political topics. The negative side effect would be a significant drop in activity but not necessarily traffic. This would take up a lot of time and not sure if mods have that kind of time.

btw @Aeronaut is the best mod here on PDF:pakistan: so calm and nice:bunny:

Actually I disagree. I had the same opinion when he was made a mod becuase of his sometime heavy(almost crazy) take on some issues. That still remains but he doesn't seem to allow that to colour his moderation. Having seen supposedly "better" mods guilty of leting their emotions get the better of them, @Aeronaut is a very pleasant exception.

Ya he improved a lot after becoming a mod.

There should be an Infraction counter near your avatar. If the user wants details then they'll check their profile. I've seen a forum where there were three greyed X marks. Once all three turns red then the user would be banned (likely a temporary one). By having this visual cue, members will have to think twice before hitting that Submit button.

Second, remove the Users Country Flag, Users Location Flag and maybe the Location. You may see a decline in nationality mudslinging.

Third, ban all political topics. The negative side effect would be a significant drop in activity but not necessarily traffic. This would take up a lot of time and not sure if mods have that kind of time.

I support the first suggestion, only. Banning politics would leave nothing behind.

We used to have 'Hall of shame' where every infraction was publicly displayed with quote of their post. I believe this should return.

I support the first suggestion, only. Banning politics would leave nothing behind.

We used to have 'Hall of shame' where every infraction was publicly displayed with quote of their post. I believe this should return.

Considering that this forum is suppose to be about matters of defence, political topics especially inflammatory ones, brings out the cockroaches and detracts from the goals of the site. However, there are ways to allow political discussions but it requires heavy moderation. The question then becomes, does moderators have the time?

Considering that this forum is suppose to be about matters of defence, political topics especially inflammatory ones, brings out the cockroaches and detracts from the goals of the site. However, there are ways to allow political discussions but it requires heavy moderation. The question then becomes, does moderators have the time?

You cannot concentrate on defense alone, neglecting politics. Most of the defense topics have already been discussed and new information doesn't come soon. Taking politics off would reduce the traffic to half. In my opinion, new stricter and more active moderators should be induced.

i wud like to say that plz unbn all the members as an Eid Gift treat:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom