What's new

Suggestions to improve defence.pk

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, if someone doesn't know anything, they should ask. If someone doesn't have something useful to say, just don't post. Flags don't mean anything. Members do. People post here just to get their posts up.

We are talking about what most forummers usually do, not what they 'should' do.

We need a special international moderator for Indian sub section. If you can't/don't want an Indian as moderator(fair enough, its understandable), but then atleast give the charge to a Pakistani guy/gal who can look after the Indian section.

The threads in that section are always derailed by your usual suspects(not gonna name any names), they go off topic almost always, and reporting them is mostly futile, either that or the by the time moderators take action the threads have gone down the gutter already.

All the other sections have moderators, Indian section(one of the busiest section) needs one too.

Latest example.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/269762-no-money-no-aircraft-carrier-11.html

Give it a serious thought, please.
@Awesome, @WebMaster, @Oscar, @Elmo, @Zakii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SRP
We need a special international moderator for Indian sub section. If you can't/don't want an Indian as moderator(fair enough, its understandable), but then atleast give the charge to a Pakistani guy/gal who can look after the Indian section.

The threads in that section are always derailed by your usual suspects(not gonna name any names), they go off topic almost always, and reporting them is mostly futile, either that or the by the time moderators take action the threads have gone down the gutter already.

All the other sections have moderators, Indian section(one of the busiest section) needs one too.

Latest example.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/269762-no-money-no-aircraft-carrier-11.html

I like this idea of a Pakistani moderator reserved for Indian section only. May be if demotion was possible or I wasn't a Senior MOD, I would have volunteered myself for such a noble cause :lol:

Yeah sometimes we feel there is a need for MOD for Indian section when the reported thread toll is growing in matter of no time. We are determining the positive and negative factors of such an idea and you will know the outcome soon.

I like this idea of a Pakistani moderator reserved for Indian section only. May be if demotion was possible or I wasn't a Senior MOD, I would have volunteered myself for such a noble cause :lol:

Yeah sometimes we feel there is a need for MOD for Indian section when the reported thread toll is growing in matter of no time. We are determining the positive and negative factors of such an idea and you will know the outcome soon.
@Aka123 wud be da best choice for an indian mod...hes very balanced n nice person

A couple of suggestions -

1. Don't make it too strict (don't go over the top), let everyone have their say.

2. I particularly don't like religious discussions - please ban all religious discussions.

We are only strict outside the members club, inside is pretty chill.
But in the members club I was banned for a remark made as a joke for two weeks. So one can't even afford to chill out there!

Anyway, my suggestion, for what it is worth....

Mods/international mods and equivalent should be restricted to having the power to ban up to 7 days only.
Senior mods, 7 to 14 days.
Webmaster above 14 days to life!

Here we have some mods who are so averse to comments made for fun or innocent sarcasm and ban the guy for a mind boggling 21 days!!! Why cant the post just be removed and the poster warned, reducing 5 points or so?

Example: I was banned for 21 days by international mod, Loki for using the word 'Jamaati' in a post!! How else does one call a person belonging to the JeI?

Here's the dictionary meaning: Jamaati is an Urdu adjective derived from the name of the South Asian religio-political party named Jamaat-e-Islami, which has wings in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. A 'Jamaati' is a supporter and member of the Jamaat-e-Islami, the Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba, or the Islami Jamiat-e-Taalibaat.
Jamaati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But then I was banned for 21 days for using the word 'Jamaati'!! Thanks to Webby, who reduced it to 14 days!

So, graduated powers to ban as mentioned above is the need of the hour.

But in the members club I was banned for a remark made as a joke for two weeks. So one can't even afford to chill out there!

Anyway, my suggestion, for what it is worth....

Mods/international mods and equivalent should be restricted to having the power to ban up to 7 days only.
Senior mods, 7 to 14 days.
Webmaster above 14 days to life!

Here we have some mods who are so averse to comments made for fun or innocent sarcasm and ban the guy for a mind boggling 21 days!!! Why cant the post just be removed and the poster warned, reducing 5 points or so?

Example: I was banned for 21 days by international mod, Loki for using the word 'Jamaati' in a post!! How else does one call a person belonging to the JeI?

Here's the dictionary meaning: Jamaati is an Urdu adjective derived from the name of the South Asian religio-political party named Jamaat-e-Islami, which has wings in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. A 'Jamaati' is a supporter and member of the Jamaat-e-Islami, the Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba, or the Islami Jamiat-e-Taalibaat.
Jamaati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But then I was banned for 21 days for using the word 'Jamaati'!! Thanks to Webby, who reduced it to 14 days!

So, graduated powers to ban as mentioned above is the need of the hour.

21 days ban for jus using that word?:undecided:

forum should have a day off in a week . every Monday close the forum :rolleyes: ...

I would suggest a better post reporting function where the complainer gets feedback in notifications or something like that. Even temporary hiding a particular post after being reported a certain number of times could reduce trolling.

21 days ban for jus using that word?:undecided:

He must be acting innocent and Loki must have awarded him an infraction for namecalling (which caused him to get banned). It's like calling a random member a Qadiani with the sole intention of discrediting his views which not in any way is related to the 'aqida' of Ahmadis.

No...
1. he is immature teenager
2. he is indian

atleast better than u:P so wht if hes an indian..? hes an engineer i guess,a working person....apki tara humming birds ki shop nae hy UK mi:tongue:

Latest example.

IMO @Ayush is the best member for becoming a Mod for indian section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom