What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

Sorry don't have time for that kind of gripe. It sounds personal, and I can't be bothered. Are you willing to be a part of the code or not? Just need a Yes or No answer. This is not the thread to listen about your past problems.

Thank you
Hell no.

I don't need your damn "code" _|_

I come here after reading that famous thread from our - Ind defence forum :lol: for lolz ofcourse. not much interested to get into arguments or debates.

That's not a code but an acceptable practice. Sure the golden rule is very simple: if you have nothing interesting to contribute on a thread, don't say anything. Just keep lurking, and voting thanks if you feel so. That doesn't hurt anyone

Here are my 3 suggestions for the code:

1) No religious abuse: We should not make any Islamophobic or Hinduphobic remarks. The following topics cross the line for Muslim posters: any adverse remarks on Holy Quran, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and Islamic rituals such as Azaan prayer or Qurbani. For Hindu posters, the sensitive issues are cow slaughter, remarks related to cow urine consumption (I have made that myself many times but volunteering to stop now). Surely other Hindu posters can let us know what remarks they find truly offensive.
2) No profanity: sure you can use the "f's" and "b's" rarely, and when it's in context. But not to express your anger or displeasure. And I'm one user that has used profanity many times. If I can desist, so can you. o_O
3) Being hospitable and friendly to Pakistani posters: we are on their forum. It's a really sad thing that there's not a single Indian forum where we can have a democracy of opinions. We should be friendly to all Pakistani posters, not question their country's existence, not remind them frequently of 1971 war. It's not too much to ask. If any Pakistani posters are being very hostile, you can report them to the mod's, block/ignore them, or simply choose not to reply them.

Of course there can be more points. Suggestions welcome.

I like your views and largely agree, should apply to Pakistanis also. There are a couple of things I would disagree with, but I'll leave that for a different thread.
Regarding 1971, I can assure you we have no problems and are more than happy to discuss anytime because there is lot of false Indian pride that I am always happy to correct.

Best wishes.

I like your views and largely agree, should apply to Pakistanis also. There are a couple of things I would disagree with, but I'll leave that for a different thread.
Regarding 1971, I can assure you we have no problems and are more than happy to discuss anytime because there is lot of false Indian pride that I am always happy to correct.

Best wishes.

This is a code of conduct for Indian posters only as some of our own's behavior is getting out of control. The purpose is to ensure that we ourselves do not ruin threads that are internal to Indian politics.

The Pakistani posters can have their own code with respect to Indians, it's none of our business.

If its a code of conduct for us, I propose -
  • Dont gloat until its concluded
  • Stop making hyperbolic assumptions
  • Provide reasonable evidence for your argument. Also extraordinary arguments require extraordinary evidence.
  • Stop getting baited by every comment. Its not a social media page.

Last edited:
one more code every week add few numbers in Chinese deaths in galwan
first day 2
3rd day 5
after a week 23
after 2 weeks 43
after a month 100
after 40 days 103
after 2 months 200

never stop this please and do not forget to post sat pics show china went back from glawan

If its a code of conduct for us -
I propose to - "Stop jumping the gun and gloat about things that haven't reached a reasonable conclusion."
Too much game-changing, amazing, breaking, stuff being posted by people and later having to eat their own words. Lets be modest with our conclusions and appropriate our enthusiasm.

Nice point. Please rephrase it in a better way and offer as a listed bullet.

Perhaps we can just say: "Do not make too many assumptions." Just rephrase as you like and put it as number 5. All suggestions welcome.

first day 2
3rd day 5
after a week 23
after 2 weeks 43
after a month 100
after 40 days 103
after 2 months 200

never stop this please and do not forget to post sat pics show china went back from glawan
:lol:

Nice point. Please rephrase it in a better way and offer as a listed bullet.

Perhaps we can just say: "Do not make too many assumptions." Just rephrase as you like and put it as number 5. All suggestions welcome.
Better now !!!

Avoid trolls and don't be a troll. Respond professionally and be courteous. Use arguments to defend your position. Also, avoid religion. In fact, all threads on religion should be banned from PDF. It's just too inflammatory.

May I count you in?
Also @meghdut

That's not a code but an acceptable practice. Sure the golden rule is very simple: if you have nothing interesting to contribute on a thread, don't say anything. Just keep lurking, and voting thanks if you feel so. That doesn't hurt anyone

Here are my 3 suggestions for the code:

1) No religious abuse: We should not make any Islamophobic or Hinduphobic remarks. The following topics cross the line for Muslim posters: any adverse remarks on Holy Quran, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and Islamic rituals such as Azaan prayer or Qurbani. For Hindu posters, the sensitive issues are cow slaughter, remarks related to cow urine consumption (I have made that myself many times but volunteering to stop now). Surely other Hindu posters can let us know what remarks they find truly offensive.
2) No profanity: sure you can use the "f's" and "b's" rarely, and when it's in context. But not to express your anger or displeasure. And I'm one user that has used profanity many times. If I can desist, so can you. o_O
3) Being hospitable and friendly to Pakistani posters: we are on their forum. It's a really sad thing that there's not a single Indian forum where we can have a democracy of opinions. We should be friendly to all Pakistani posters, not question their country's existence, not remind them frequently of 1971 war. It's not too much to ask. If any Pakistani posters are being very hostile, you can report them to the mod's, block/ignore them, or simply choose not to reply them.

Of course there can be more points. Suggestions welcome.

This is a good core to begin with.

first day 2
3rd day 5
after a week 23
after 2 weeks 43
after a month 100
after 40 days 103
after 2 months 200

This ^^^
Stop getting baited by every comment. Its not a social media page.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom