What's new

Suggest some awesome farm house/Glass house design of approx 2000 Sq ft

friend, firstly i dont understand feet; please use metric for heaven sake.

I assume you are looking for around 500m sq; single or double storey? what kind of architecture, do you want renewal option etc etc. Glass is no good; too much maintenance. You need to use either double brick or stone as we do here; roofing with R20 insulation and clay tiles. put mortar after double brick structure; gives it additonal layer and paint it light pink - yes it turns deep white in UV light. plus in summer keeps very cool indoor.

water usage/storage is another consideration u need. direct rain water to water storage units etc. inside tiles are best option.

9 sq is 1 sq yard. 11 sq is 1 m square.

dronhospruit1.JPG
doonkosrpuit_2.JPG
Wait till you hear about the dreaded “kanal”
It isn’t even a uniform unit and uses anything from imperial to meter freely.
jooo... what is that?

This is a friend's farm home portion of the building he is setting as part of his 100+ hectares.

Last edited:
Excellent designs. I have a question. How do people manage security in such large houses in the middle of nowhere?

My suggestions

modern-design-houses-for-sale-homes-floor-plans.jpg artdecohouse06.jpeg modern-design-houses-for-sale-rustic-hamptons-retreat-with-new-york-style.jpg dizain-doma-v-frencyzskom-stile-11.jpeg Beautiful_Houses_featured_on_Architecture_Beast_Nettleton_198_by_SAOTA_03-1024x682-1024x682.jpg modern-house-structure-design-top-50-designs-ever-built-architecture-beast.jpg FB_IMG_1458904605323.jpeg modern-house-structure-design-top-50-designs-ever-built-architecture-beast-5b6ec252dc931.jpg Home-Exterior-.jpeg modern-design-houses-for-sale-it-s-a-mod-world-see-10-homes.jpg FB_IMG_1458904624718.jpeg modern-house-structure-design-the-base-wallpaper.jpg Casas-Modernas-Grandes-Con-Piscina-1.jpeg Walker-Oak-Frame-Self-Build-Exterior.jpeg Top_50_Modern_House_Designs_Ever_Built_featured_on_architecture_beast_05.jpg 0639ddc9b6dcce73bc1c23dfdbef75b5.jpeg small-modern-house-with-pool-small-houses.jpg CarmelCreek-EXT-DUSK_print.jpeg image-0-1024x1024-1.jpeg 14_rent-villa-hr1234-villefranche-property-jpg.jpeg

Some of these don't have a pool, but that should be easy to add.

Well, it is norm here. In my place, you can walk around up to 20km one way; take a right then head out another 20plus km. this is a small holding when compared to many others. A good shotgun is near by always.

On a slightly facetious tangent, look at the ridiculously high boundary walls on some of the Pakistani farm houses - per US/Western analysts, the Pakistani security forces should be raiding all of these places in case someone like OBL is hiding there.

And back to our regular programming now.

On a slightly facetious tangent, look at the ridiculously high boundary walls on some of the Pakistani farm houses - per US/Western analysts, the Pakistani security forces should be raiding all of these places in case someone like OBL is hiding there.

And back to our regular programming now.

In India, there will be a mahendi or some small plants are planted to separate two farm houses.

When will you decide on your design. Am curious which design you will pick. Beware the modern designs could cost a lot.
In one and half year. I don't like any of the design I studied.

Any design you like from what we have been sharing on the forum?

Yes.

Similar to this one but two story. Bed room atleast on one side.

improvement-and-big-modern-spaces-house-front-yards-tropical.jpg

dizain-doma-v-frencyzskom-stile-11-jpeg.520218

Above one is good. I have something like this one in mind. I am very sure how the bed rooms would be but I am unable to conceptualize how drawing room will be? and how to build 2 Bed rooms on first floor. I want to have a terrace garden and one seating area as well.

Back
Top Bottom