What's new

subramanian swamy as possible vice-head of jnu

Agreed. While I disagree with him on many things too, he is a really smart chap. He got his PhD from Harvard at 26. He got into Harvard in the first place because he proved that PC Mahalanobis's (Nehru's favourite economist and the author of India's second five year plan) growth model was mathematically identical to the Harod-Domar model and that Mahalanobis had plagiarised H-D's work. He was still a Master's student at ISI Kolkata when he worked in this.

And that makes him a good administrator, as opposed to a good economist?

I'm not supporting his claim to be JNU vice-chancellor. I'm merely saying he's a smart chap. I have no idea whether he'll be a good administrator. In fact, if the government is keen on making him JNU vice-chancellor just to prove a political point (which seems to be the case), then I would rather they don't do it.

All over the world they offer an age relaxation based upon the experience and the abilities that a person/candidate carries along with him.And one must keep in mind that though the governments are resourceful most of the times.But those resourceful individuals do have few limitations.Most probably they were not able to find a better person for the position or the job that they had in their mind for (Mr.Swamy).

It is understood that Dr. Swamy has put some conditions before accepting the post.
The quote tells a lot about who was anxious to offer it.And who remained on the driving seat & accepted what was on offer.
It's always not as simple as it is reported.

Agreed. While I disagree with him on many things too, he is a really smart chap. He got his PhD from Harvard at 26. He got into Harvard in the first place because he proved that PC Mahalanobis's (Nehru's favourite economist and the author of India's second five year plan) growth model was mathematically identical to the Harod-Domar model and that Mahalanobis had plagiarised H-D's work. He was still a Master's student at ISI Kolkata when he worked in this.

I'm not supporting his claim to be JNU vice-chancellor. I'm merely saying he's a smart chap. I have no idea whether he'll be a good administrator. In fact, if the government is keen on making him JNU vice-chancellor just to prove a political point (which seems to be the case), then I would rather they don't do it.
Point made. I have to say I agree almost exactly.

All over the world they offer an age relaxation based upon the experience and the abilities that a person/candidate carries along with him.And one must keep in mind that though the governments are resourceful most of the times.But those resourceful individuals do have few limitations.Most probably they were not able to find a better person for the position or the job that they had in their mind for (Mr.Swamy).

When I wrestle down the rising tide of bile, I have to admit that getting a VC for that particular university is a real ball-breaker. It is fecund and productive, no doubt about that, streets ahead of Delhi U. in terms of relevance of programmes, and all that. It is also extreme left down to the marrow, to an extent that it has an influence on national politics. It is no longer idealists from St. Stephens who go and cause all the trouble (there are reasons why they cause that trouble, but that is a different subject). For the last fifteen to twenty years, the charge of the left, given the exhaustion of ideas of the left, the communist parties specifically, has been led by students from JNU, and some of their professors.

Somebody like Swamy, who is essentially an arsehole, will be a disaster there. He will not be King Log, like the priceless idiot they have put in at FTII; he will be King Stork. There will be terrible trouble if and when he gets to JNU.

The quote tells a lot about who was anxious to offer it.And who remained on the driving seat & accepted what was on offer.
It's always not as simple as it is reported.

No doubt about that. Each VC's post, given the huge power a VC enjoys under the regulations, is very carefully thought about, so much so that a number of crucial positions are still free. Have been for years.

What is your Academic qualification and work experience
Can we see your profile anywhere on the internet

Who are you ; just an anonymous troll

Does that make three of us?

CPqAzlsVAAUmU0R.jpg

He will not be King Log, like the priceless idiot they have put in at FTII; he will be King Stork. There will be terrible trouble if and when he gets to JNU.

You would have to assume that if they put him there, they intend for that trouble to happen. It is quite possible that nobody could have foreseen what might happen or be bothered about it in FTII, no such chance here.

There will be terrible trouble if and when he gets to JNU.

Bharatiya Tienanmen perchance?

You would have to assume that if they put him there, they intend for that trouble to happen. It is quite possible that nobody could have foreseen what might happen or be bothered about it in FTII, no such chance here.

Astute as always. :)

Well the fact that the biggest ganja field grows wild on its campus is the worst kept secret in India. :p::drag:
No secret,no need for raids too, just kindly ask anyone their or nearby ber sarai market,they are quite open about it.

No secret,no need for raids too, just kindly ask anyone their or nearby ber sarai market,they are quite open about it.

Its extremely low quality UP-type grass man. More headache than trip.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom