What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Elephant did not have thrust vectoring, and HMS ;)

Niaz .nice to know you have better historical grasp, belive me we can learn a lot( even if we are talking of Fighter AC). The assemtry was that Heavy Memulks cavelry fought the mongol light cavalry close combat which no one prviosly attempted.

Sicko-30 is as you know is very heavy fighter.... you can call it a war elphant... how do you fight it in close combat? Diffcult right.... but it was ddone before and it can be done again.

As master Sun Tzu has said "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb
in every battle."

Great maybe you can throw quotes at the enemy. I suggest rather than looking at Sun Tsu look at modern air combat and the deciding factors.

Great maybe you can throw quotes at the enemy. I suggest rather than looking at Sun Tsu look at modern air combat and the deciding factors.

Key, I wonder if that was a "BVR quote"...:D

An Elephant did not have thrust vectoring, and HMS ;)

But it did have a keen sense of smell (EW), long trunk (BVR) and insane tusks (WVRAAM) :azn:

I am sure those who had to face the Elephant on the battlefield felt the same as a pilot would if he had to face TV and HMS. It all depends on the situation and times you are in.

Well I would suggest that chariots are fighters. Elephants were heavy armour. flaming pigs the AT rockets of their day :lol:

I'm lost here...are we still talking about combat aircraft and warfare? :confused:

Certainly Neo we are still talking of combat aircraft and just want to get some perspective with historical background.

As we compared Sick0-30 with war Elephant, lets see some characterstics, it is big aircraft, has TVC hence you get mauled in close combat large payload and stamina 8000 Km.

How do you fight the elphant..... bring another elephant.....if you afford or have one. Can pakistan afford? How many aircraft are ther with comparable specs.....what are the prices for them.

Now Master Sun's doctrine comes into effect. Know yourself, know you enemy: Just visit history India always fielded war elephants...... how many invaders had War elehants? None!! Then how did they bring down the war elehants let lose on the enemy ranks?

Could anyone come with history?

Certainly Neo we are still talking of combat aircraft and just want to get some perspective with historical background.

As we compared Sick0-30 with war Elephant, lets see some characterstics, it is big aircraft, has TVC hence you get mauled in close combat large payload and stamina 8000 Km.

How do you fight the elphant..... bring another elephant.....if you afford or have one. Can pakistan afford? How many aircraft are ther with comparable specs.....what are the prices for them.

Now Master Sun's doctrine comes into effect. Know yourself, know you enemy: Just visit history India always fielded war elephants...... how many invaders had War elehants? None!! Then how did they bring down the war elehants let lose on the enemy ranks?

Could anyone come with history?

Whatever makes you guys feel better about the Sukhois....if its history...then so be it!!;)

Whatever makes you guys feel better about the Sukhois....if its history...then so be it!!;)

Not a matter of feeling good about anything here. Su-30MKIs are good platforms however they are not the end of it all. Pakistan is in the process of getting very decent capabilities which can hold their own.

Not a matter of feeling good about anything here. Su-30MKIs are good platforms however they are not the end of it all. Pakistan is in the process of getting very decent capabilities which can hold their own.

Well yeah...it would be silly to assume that Pakistan would sit and watch the Su's fly by wouldn't it?
I don't really know much bout planes....but the Sukhois do look damn sexy!:azn:

Appreciating a thing of beauty is not a bad thing...;)

I still like the Mirage III for that matter..

What about F-16A....i love the shape and look:smitten:

Later models like F-16C/D or even block-60 lacks such beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom