What's new

Su-30 MKI In Good Hands, Says IAF Chief After Sortie

sudhir007

Reaction score
Livefist: Su-30 MKI In Good Hands, Says IAF Chief After Sortie

PHOTO1-786941.jpg

A week after the Indian Air Force lost its third Su-30 MKI, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne flew a one hour sortie in a Su-30 MKI at the Pune airbase today. Addressing the station, he said, "I wanted to be here to not only fly the Su-30 MKI but also to meet all of you and assure you that our Su-30 fleet is in good and capable hands. Our boys have been doing an excellent job and the momentum of building up the new SU-30 Squadrons needs to be maintained. Our people should remain our highest priority because it is then, that a cohesive team translates itself in to a success story."

The Air Chief was on a working visit to this base, which he had previously commanded as the Air Officer Commanding (AOC), from 2001 to 2003. During his visit he interacted with the Squadron pilots, engineers and all the station personnel and met the key appointments of the station.

a PR exercise , nothing more. i doubt you have to tell the fighter pilots who fly these machines how good they are.:)

NEW DELHI: Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne took to the skies in a Sukhoi-30MKI on Wednesday to show "all was well'' with India's latest fighters, just a week after one of them crashed near Pune.

After flying the one-hour sortie with Wing Commander Anurag Sharma in the "air dominance'' fighter from the Lohegaon airbase at Pune, the IAF chief said, "I wanted to be here to not only fly the Sukhoi-30MKI but also meet all of you and assure you that our Sukhoi fleet is in good and capable hands."

The over 130 Sukhois inducted by IAF till now - 272 of them have been contracted from Russia in deals worth Rs 55,717cr - were "temporarily grounded'' after the December 13 crash.

The Sukhois, with just three crashes in around 83,000 hours of flying over the last 12 years, have had a good track record.

But with the bulk of the 272 Sukhois ordered being manufactured by HAL under transfer of technology from Russia, a look at quality and servicing issues at the defence PSU is certainly needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom