What's new

Study: Germans see Islam as a threat

Germans see Islam as a threat but Indians got chillies in their pants for some reason.

May be the Mughal rule biting back

You miscalculate badly.

Contempt and disgust is not always fear.

All that and fear...
I experienced it on many occasions as i keep facial hair...
On one occasion american soldiers were afraid of me....i even have the video...will post sometime.
Its their preset mind that scares them.
Does it bother me? Nop.

All that and fear...
I experienced it on many occasions as i keep facial hair...
On one occasion american soldiers were afraid of me....i even have the video...will post sometime.
Its their preset mind that scares them.
Does it bother me? Nop.

May be.

But don't you think that "fear" is a cause for concern for you, rather than them?

That it results in people approving of policies for "such people" that they may not for others?

Why are people not "afraid" of Sikhs and Jews and others with facial hair?

What is it about the unkempt beard that cause this "fear" and the consequent other emotions that may not be entirely healthy or even based on facts.

The law doesn't operate in a vacuum.

Please don't embarrass yourself, and your side, with such vacuous arguments.

The fundamental principle of law is very clear: we hold people accountable for their actions, not thoughts or ethnicity or religion.

People on your side who fail to understand such basic concepts are out of touch with egalitarian, democratic values. The irony of such people lecturing others on "values" is a source of constant amusement.

Please don't embarrass yourself, and your side, with such vacuous arguments.

The fundamental principle of law is very clear: we hold people accountable for their actions, not thoughts or ethnicity or religion.

People on your side who fail to understand such basic concepts are out of touch with egalitarian, democratic values. The irony of such people lecturing others on "values" is a source of constant amusement.

While I am always happy to amuse you and find interesting your ability to amuse yourself, it doesn't change the facts.

It is actually amusing that people who don't practice secularism and democracy and actually hold in contempt these man made laws, call it la-deeniyat are also the ones that preach them to the ones actually practicing them.

And making ever increasing demands on them.

It is working less and less. More and more people can see the difference between your demands on non Muslims versus the reality in Islamic countries. They see it and they take notice.

They also see what happens all over the world as the Muslim population increases.

Muslim behavior/terrorism correlated with population size | Heaven Awaits

I will find your arguments more convincing when I see them in action in Muslim majority countries, not when you are making demands on others.

It is clear that you don't want to and can't discuss actual facts when they get uncomfortable. Rhetoric seems to work better.

Like you would give the thread below a miss.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe...far-right-nationalism-rise-europe-russia.html

You would rather avoid the real issues. Those issues remain and they have a material impact on the ground.

It is actually amusing that people who don't practice secularism and democracy and actually hold in contempt these man made laws, call it la-deeniyat are also the ones that preach them to the ones actually practicing them.

Always entertaining when you guys run out of actual arguments and make up your own hyperbolic strawmen like "most Muslims in the West" are this or that, or that "you guys" believe this or that.

When unable to rebut specific points, all you can do is resort to the stock recourse of "conspiracy" or "apologist" or "denialist".

It is clear that you don't want to and can't discuss actual facts when they get uncomfortable. Rhetoric seems to work better.

On the contrary, I am the only one who has provided actual facts and principles of a liberal democratic society. You seem to confuse a blog post full of opinions as facts -- it's a common tactic of hatemongers that they start promoting opinions as facts.

The people who are most clueless of, and contrary to, liberal, democratic values are your side. The fact that all your specious arguments ultimately boil down to advocacy of collective punishment, racial segregation of rights, and thought control is quite rich indeed.

Always entertaining when you guys run out of actual arguments and make up your own hyperbolic strawmen like "most Muslims in the West" are this or that, or that "you guys" believe this or that.

I don't know who else is included in this. Not sure if I care for the answer.

"Most Muslims in the West" are no different to "Most Muslims in the Muslim countries". If anything, most surveys show that many get more indoctrinated than even back home.

Reports from country after country show that.

When unable to rebut specific points, all you can do is resort to the stock recourse of "conspiracy" or "apologist" or "denialist".

Am I the one who is looking for conspiracy in 9/11 or Boston or anywhere!

Those in denial can be called a "denialist", you should know, this being your first language.

On the contrary, I am the only one who has provided actual facts and principles of a liberal democratic society. You seem to confuse a blog post full of opinions as facts -- it's a common tactic of hatemongers that they start promoting opinions as facts.

I am living a liberal democratic society. This is my country's and my chosen system of governance, despite any shortfalls in implementation.

You are just a beneficiary of it. You use it to make ever increasing demands on others.

Just moving to a Western country doesn't change the value system of people and it is in evidence everywhere.

You call them names when things are "normal". You claim that their armies kill Muslims civilians deliberately, that 9/11 and other attacks are official conspiracies, that people that want to kill Muslims in these countries join their armies to do that.

When times are not "normal", you remind them of "their laws" based on "their values".

The people who are most clueless of, and contrary to, liberal, democratic values are your side. The fact that all your specious arguments ultimately boil down to advocacy of collective punishment, racial segregation of rights, and thought control is quite rich indeed.

Absolutely not.

I abhor all racial discrimination. Not just by one side.

For you, Arab discrimination (among others), of even Pakistanis and non Arab Muslims (leave alone the non Muslims) is halal.

Till you demand (and accomplish on the ground) changes in your own societies to the standards you demand from others, your demands will remain hypocritical.

You can't suddenly become a "Westerner" while making these demands, while remaining a global Islamist at all other times.

Why do so many peole see Islam as a threat - all the "they hate us" stuff aside, where there's smoke...., so honestly why do so many in so many diverse places see Islam as a threat and Why do they not see it as a blessing?

I am surprised people do this day do not understand that perception trumps reality, therefore who is creating the perception? That's your question.

That is basically due to high immigration of Turkish and Moroccans and Afghanis. The extremist wing is the Salafists. Threat not as a extremism but to demand their own law like sharia.

Detlef Pollack, the sociologist who co-authored the study, says that this negative perception could be due to the lack of personal contact between Christians and Muslims. More people in eastern Germany see Islam as threatening than in the West, even though the east is home to only two percent of all the country's Muslims.
I don't think this is entirely true. People sometimes hate Islam only after talking to (bad) examples.
I know of a certain person in our office(an educated and obviously skilled muslim in Germany) who shocked the fking hell out of us when he said the western woman who got gang raped in Egypt while covering a story should have worn a burqa and everything would have been fine.

That's because Germans allowed too many middle-eastern into their country, Germans don't like a multicultural society, for example majority of Turks that migrated to Germany preserved their culture, whether that's a good or bad thing is irrelevant, but Germans don't seem to like it, if you're to reside in another country permanently I think its best to assimilate into their society! That is if you want to thrive!

A graph in German showing in % how many of the people asked in these countries supported that Islam doesn't belong to the West.

dworeligionsmonitorc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom