What's new

strong military or a strong economy

our current scenario is weak economy and strong military , to get the equation even or better we need weaker military with strong economy. Else the faujis are taking all the money and aid for security and the nation is living on grass

If we see at Japanese and Canada example then economy foremost important then military. If u have strong economy, u will have stable system, more countries will invest in ur economy. After that u can live with subtle military, not require Taliban , u stp calling jehad on others avoid urself to become Islam ki talwar.

Economy
Strong military makes u like african dictator of third world country.

Strong economy obviously but you also need to maintain a healthy military as well. Not saying spend 75% of your budget on them but military is important as well. Economy is the most important thing.

Where did you come up with a figure like that?

Obviously Economy is most important. If you have a strong economy you can have(& maintain) a strong military. But if you don't have strong economy will the outsiders maintain you strong military?

Strong military cannot feed the people or can take care of daily necessities.Strong economy is the one which matters most.You can have everything if you have strong economy.

You are right but its very complex

Imagine if a rich nation cannot defend itself then any other nation with strong military can come in and take over all of its resources

But if most peoples of a nation don't have any basic needs then what's the point of spending on military/defence when peoples are dying with starvation. In this case you ignore the basic needs of your peoples in order to feed/sustain the needs of military.

Strong military and economy may go hand in hand but we have seen that US economy was affected because of expenses of military in recent wars. Strong economy may build a strong military but strong military may weaken the economy of a nation if it involve in wars/conflicts

Strong economy can always lead to strong military, even if you have weak military for some time. All you have to do is make sure you are not giving other nations reasons to attack. Build the economy and get the money to fix the military. This way you will have small period of time when u might be vulnerable but long term security.

Is not better for a country to fulfil the basic needs of its peoples before spending huge money to make its military stronger ? If i have got 50000 rupees and i think they are just enough for basic needs of my family then will it be sane of me to spend 20000 to buy guns/weapons to protect my poor house from thieves ? :D

Is not better for a country to fulfil the basic needs of its peoples before spending huge money to make its military stronger ? If i have got 50000 rupees and i think they are just enough for basic needs of my family then will it be sane of me to spend 20000 to buy guns/weapons to protect my poor house from thieves ? :D

Do you have a hypothetical question or do you have a live example.

Either you must have both your can have neither of them.
You can't have a strong military if you don't have a strong economy, because if you import arms, you'll need to have billions of dollars to buy high quality weapons and if you produce arms, you need to invest billions of dollars in R&D and production lines, conversely, if you don't have a strong military, you can't defend your national interests in the region and the globe and your economy will end up dependent on other countries for survival, but my choice would be strong economy anyway.

Back
Top Bottom