What's new

strong military or a strong economy

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Which one in more Important for international recognition and power?

Share your views :)

Its simple you get a strong economy you will have a strong army

Let me just give you an example

Say you are a country you have a gdp of 100 units your basic needs are if 85 units you have 15 units to spare that you spend on your army

Now say your gdp is of 300 units your basic requirements wont grow alot but now are 200 units now you have 100 units to spend on your army

Hence imo economy is more important for international recognition you get the economy right you army will fall in the line too

My question was not

Will you have strong military if you have strong economy or vice versa

I asked which one is more important to gain international power and dominance :)

It is stupid, Pakistan doesn't have big concept of importance economy and electricities development....very important economy than all.

Pakistan traditionally believes in Military cultures rather than healthy economy.

In this century economy is more important than military power, and it is possible to dominate through economy alone(with just enough military based on threat perception).
Military is also important for power projection but it is not for everybody. Only a handful of countries do it.

To speak of one is to speak of the other. You're not going to get a strong military without the finances to pay for it and you're not going to be a world player without a strong military to back up your claims.

Which one in more Important for international recognition and power?
Economy comes first then with it an strong military can be built.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

As example for the USSR's strong military but no so great economy.
Egg came first or chicken came first..?
It is the typical 'push-pull' relationship. An economy, not just a strong one, cannot exist unless there are credible defense and deterrence against potential invaders. Once the nation's inertia is established, as in economic movement and growth, as in population constancy, as in political institutional operation, the defense need constant feeding by that economy to sustain that deterrence factor.

You need both.

But I don't want to be supapowa :D

So I go for economy :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom