What's new

STRICKLY FOR THINK TANKS

Proud to be Pakistani

Reaction score
Dear All,

Would really love to see all the think tanks work together to foresee the events which are going to unfold with the strike on Mehran base. Furthermore, can we try to drive a conclusion to as to what happened!

Wait for some time.. they are thinking..

Lets make it a bit more convenient, anyone can ask them question, nobody other than think tanks should give opinions.

1st Question from my side..

After so much up and down between USA and Pakistan's relations what you guys are thinking about ..

more USA aid to GOP and military hardware to PA will push PA to go for North Warzistan operation any time soon. Will big budget shortfall what you guys thik PA and GOP is ready to manage another windfall of refugees and bomb blasts.

Or if GOP will say "yes" and PA say "no" then what will be the outcome ....

Dear Nothing;

The Thread is for accessing the root causes and aftermaths! Not for what you asked. Kindly be in the context of the Thread!

Dear Nothing;

The Thread is for accessing the root causes and aftermaths! Not for what you asked. Kindly be in the context of the Thread!

Dear Proud to be Pakistani,

I think so I missed a statement which will bridge context gap between my question and you requirement.

After so much up and down between USA and Pakistan's relations and what happened at PNS Mehran what you guys are thinking about ..

PA is not willing to go to N. Warzistan right now but this attack proved that they have to clean rats from N. Warzistan. There pressure from press and public to clean all garbage from N. Warzistan. At same time if USA will push for more aid to GOP and military hardware to PA will push PA to go for North Warzistan operation any time soon. Will big budget shortfall what you guys thik PA and GOP is ready to manage another windfall of refugees and bomb blasts.

After all N.Warzistan is last major area where cleaning is necessary to reduce or stop attacks on major cities.

Or if GOP will say "yes" and PA say "no" then what will be the outcome ....

The main theam should based on three to four possibilities like
- US involvement and its banafit to that country
- Indian involvement and its banafit to that country
- Al quaida involvement and its banafit
- Fail of our ISI and its disadvantages and how to recover from it
- A an nation what we lost in these two month andhow to recover from it etc

I ain't answering; I ain't think tank; but yes I can question. How the hell did those bandits got nightvision googles..

I ain't answering; I ain't think tank; but yes I can question. How the hell did those bandits got nightvision googles..

But in the other thread some one were saying that these goggles sold cheaply in Pakistan?? I think it was Jana

@PTBP: It seems you put them in a lot of trouble.. are they still thinking or they just gave up this thread? :)

Great question -- but very general, very broad - may be we should try and refine it ?

foresee the events which are going to unfold with the strike on Mehran base. Furthermore, can we try to drive a conclusion to as to what happened!

Well, I don't think we are in the fortune telling business so forget the "foresee" bit -- and then first things first - the what happened part - listen guys and gals, we are not involved in the investigation, so, we are depending on open source information, same as anybody else -- now about related "events = look at how broadly focused this is -- are you thinking more in terms of the kinds of govt policies that may be enacted, policies of the armed forces? reaction of the friends and others?, Reaction of the politicians, especially the need and inability to craft and enact legislation for laws and policies??

let me shoot one, what about a defence treaty with China, just as what China and North Korea had after Korean War.

that certainly make our security condition more stable.

Well i see a new wave of bomb blasts / fidayeen attacks to happen in coming days. By whom ?? Well that is the million rupee question :)

The likely outcome / or the outcome being wanted by those who would be carrying these attacks would be that PA goes into North Waziristan as the bomb blasts are gonna be owned by TTP, whether done by them or not is another question. TTP is now based and working from NW. So, the ones doing the bomb attacks are gonna wish that PA goes into NW with the pretext of taking on TTP, but they would be hoping that they get entangled with the Taliban which are supporting the fighting against the occupation by US/NATO countries.

And as for US, i wish and hope they stop the military as well as financial aid to Pakistan. It would be better for the economy and Pakistan. But i hope we won't be drawn into an armed conflict with them, and if we do, also hope we are gonna give them a tough time :)

let me shoot one, what about a defence treaty with China, just as what China and North Korea had after Korean War.

that certainly make our security condition more stable.

China do not want a defense treaty with Pakistan -- All that treaty stuff is well, dangerous - Now it's about economic growth -- And I would point to the so called Arab Spring -- the US may want to paint it as "democracy movement", but the reality of the Arab Spring is people who refuse to live lives of desperation - the same is happening in Spain -- and soon in Italy and Greece and Portugal and then Ireland -- but watch for this to catch on in the US -- behind this is the affirmation of hope -- and a rejection of economic policies in which the human being is merely a cog -- people want a economics which puts them in the center, their hopes - to be able to afford being marred, a place to live, a job or opportunity that affords dignity

Now, when Pakistanis wake up fro this Islamism stupor and regain faith in this world and not Ahkirah - perhaps China and everybody else will want a greater share in that economy.

go to 'bara' market in peshawar, it will blow your mind what u can buy!

Back
Top Bottom