What's new

Status difference between India & Pakistan - Highlighted by Pak Media

There are alot of things where we need to see our neighbor and learn from them. There is no denying or shame in it. That is how nations progress. The one thing i admire about Indians is their nationalism. I have never ever come across any Indian who has spoken against his country. On the contrary you will rarely find any Pakistani who wont speak against his country. Heck people don't even shy away from criticizing the founding father.

The only thing we need to learn from Indian is neutrality in diplomacy.

Pakistan only needs to learn from developed countries with high standard of living and liberal societies.

I dont see much difference in how both countries are run or the general population. Its just india is bigger and more diverse.
About status in the world, again if pakistan was 6 times bigger than us, they would have bigger economy and better status.

I dont see much difference in how both countries are run or the general population. Its just india is bigger and more diverse.
About status in the world, again if pakistan was 6 times bigger than us, they would have bigger economy and better status.
In the context of the original video, your statement is not true.
The reason is not just population size but educational infrastructure. India has an exponentially better higher education set up which produces people more in demand by major corporations worldwide. These people who when they rise tend to then favour India.

In the context of the original video, your statement is not true.
The reason is not just population size but educational infrastructure. India has an exponentially better higher education set up which produces people more in demand by major corporations worldwide. These people who when they rise tend to then favour India.
i am very skeptical of such claim, we churn out more graduates/engineers/doctors etc but I dont think we got any qualitative edge over pakistan in education.
i did not watch the video though.

i am very skeptical of such claim, we churn out more graduates/engineers/doctors etc but I dont think we got any qualitative edge over pakistan in education.
i did not watch the video though.
Global university rankings from almost any source should satisfy you.

You must know your reasons.

As far as I have understood, Pakistani's do the same wrt to religion. They talk about Islam, praise it in front of others, defend it, help out other coreligionists and stand up for Muslim causes.
Pakistan as a country is lower in priority for you folks compared to religion. So your efforts are geared more towards that.

For us, India is first, religion is second. So our efforts are geared more towards country.

We put efforts in consonance with our priorities. Feel free to correct me if you think I have understood wrong. Just my hypothesis.

You are correct w.r.t Islam. Pakistanis does tend to give more importance to lets say SaudiArabia yet Arabs don't give two hoots about Pakistanis and rather tend to call us "Haza Maskeen"
Musharraf was the only leader who came out with this vision "Pakistan first"

Self criticism is how you progress. It is because Pakistanis love their nation and want to see it progress that they criticize it's short coming. You don't innovate, if you think there is no need to bring change.

Sir there is a difference in criticizing oneself and criticizing the whole country. Change always happen from oneself. If people start looking at themselves and see where they fail their country instead of criticizing everybody else except them, Pakistan would be much better.

Sir there is a difference in criticizing oneself and criticizing the whole country. Change always happen from oneself. If people start looking at themselves and see where they fail their country instead of criticizing everybody else except them, Pakistan would be much better.
Except you're forgetting the fact that the country is run by elites, and the common man has little to no power. There is an old saying "it is because I love my country that I criticize it". Why shouldn't we criticize the whole country? If there was nothing to criticize, then that would mean Pakistan is quite literally heaven on earth, but it isn't. Why do you think successful nations become successful? Because the people look at the faults of their nations, and go out of their way to force the people in charge to fix them, on mass, usually through demonstrations and protests. This is why EU nations and North America is so successful, this is why China is so successful, this is why India is so successful.

The Indians DO criticize their own nation, that is why they've reached the level they have. They didn't just sit on their butts, and say they're the best in the world. They looked at India's problems and went about trying to fix them in any way they could.

Religion has nothing to do with the situation in Pakistan, a natural disaster combined with war after a war in Afghanistan, the pouring of 3 to 4 million refugees, displacement and expansion of war on terror, are the real factors behind the lagging economy, all of these factors are individually money black-holes, put together they form a huge drain on any economy.
The US with only the war factor has suffered tremendously in its economy. Pakistan to have survived all these factors at the same time is a proof that it is a true strong country.
I am not sure if India or much of other nations would have survived the same simultaneous calamities.

nah, you must know the Indonesian situation back in 1998-2004, starting with the collapse of our economy which can be compared with the great depression era in 1921 in USA, political crisis, violent communal clashes around the archipelagos, terrorist attack claiming the lives of our people in thousands, secessionist movement in Aceh Papua and Moluccas, and we must cope with Tsunami Boxing day claims victim in hundred thousands (the destruction it had caused is far more worse than the Hiroshima-Nagasaki atomic bombing), but look at our situation now right now Indonesian can proudly call themselves as Indonesian and enjoy our hard won struggle against all of the odds thrown in to us in the past.

In india tht would have resulted in sedition charges... :lol:

nah, you must know the Indonesian situation back in 1998-2004, starting with the collapse of our economy which can be compared with the great depression era in 1921 in USA, political crisis, violent communal clashes around the archipelagos, terrorist attack claiming the lives of our people in thousands, secessionist movement in Aceh Papua and Moluccas, and we must cope with Tsunami Boxing day claims victim in hundred thousands (the destruction it had caused is far more worse than the Hiroshima-Nagasaki atomic bombing), but look at our situation now right now Indonesian can proudly call themselves as Indonesian and enjoy our hard won struggle against all of the odds thrown in to us in the past.

We have had war on terror,massive earthquake and 2 major biblical floods and a shitty economy... you think you had it tough?

Except you're forgetting the fact that the country is run by elites, and the common man has little to no power. There is an old saying "it is because I love my country that I criticize it". Why shouldn't we criticize the whole country? If there was nothing to criticize, then that would mean Pakistan is quite literally heaven on earth, but it isn't. Why do you think successful nations become successful? Because the people look at the faults of their nations, and go out of their way to force the people in charge to fix them, on mass, usually through demonstrations and protests. This is why EU nations and North America is so successful, this is why China is so successful, this is why India is so successful.

The Indians DO criticize their own nation, that is why they've reached the level they have. They didn't just sit on their butts, and say they're the best in the world. They looked at India's problems and went about trying to fix them in any way they could.

There are two things sir we need to be clear off. Previously i was having the same debate with @Contrarian and he did pointed out that they do criticize and also how can they fix things up but within their own and not in front of others. Pakistanis on the other hand like to criticize every body else including the country and Quaid-e-Azam but themselves. They have every body else to blame but not look at themselves.

As for the country being run by elites, who is responsible for that? Again its the people who cant think out of the box and like to bring the same status quo parties back to power who had done absolutely nothing. When Zardari was brought in, people said we voted for BB, while BB was up in the heavens for all we know, so who is to be blamed here country or people?

The nations you are quoting above did become successful not by just criticizing but actually doing something for a change. Think about the dark ages, the French revolution and how it changed every thing. Just like you said its not going to happen by sitting on your butts but we Pakistanis are doing exactly the same sitting on our butts doing nothing but criticizing.

The nationalism which a person mentioned is present in india largely due to a man called Mahatma Gandhi, who is considered less "manly" by many pakistanis, many indians. even i considered him to be so..

but when you see his ideas... Swadeshi.. Charkha.. such splendid ideas..

Charkha.. its primary motive was not to "win" independence..
but to instill adherence to one's own country without compromising adherence to one's regional identity..
and out of such adherence the country became a NATION.. with a Muslim Scholar Abul Kalam Azad wearing clothes spinning from Charkha
also a Brahmin PM wearing the charkha-made clothes.. A South Indian C. Rajagopalachari also did the same

Sorry Mahatma, for abusing you earlier

Islam could have been Pakistan's binding factor, but that needed a "soft" leader.. or a "statesman", which unfortunately Pakistan didn't...

Self criticism is how you progress. It is because Pakistanis love their nation and want to see it progress that they criticize it's short coming. You don't innovate, if you think there is no need to bring change.
maybe the best post yet
Maybe i have come across the wrong kind of Indians but than again what is that famous quote among Indians:

“You can take an Indian out of India, but you can never take India out of an Indian”
hes right.jpg

Back
Top Bottom