What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

Why would they? The hangor class will all be delivered by 2028, that’s when 70B will retire. 90B will serve past 2035, it’s just getting it’s Mid Life upgrades now.
The 70B should be kept for clandestine spec ops missions. It is an excellent sub water platform.

The 70B should be kept for clandestine spec ops missions. It is an excellent sub water platform.
The hull has a life, using it beyond that exponentially increases the cost of operation and the risk of breakdowns, it would not be a good idea to keep them at all. The 90Bs and hangors are much quieter, stealthier, have longer range and better weapons. They can do anything the 70s can but better.
Pakistan is also producing SWAS midget submarines by itself, we saw the first one a few years ago, more have been produced since. Those are for any Secretive ops the navy might need to do. The modernized cosmos class is still in service as well, but I’m unsure for how long it’ll stay that way with the new ones being inducted.

Why would they? The hangor class will all be delivered by 2028, that’s when 70B will retire. 90B will serve past 2035, it’s just getting it’s Mid Life upgrades now.
Hmm.... So, Subs are coming a bit late.

If anyone thinks Two 70B's + Three 90B's is the total number of currently deployed subs, then they are wrong.

As a hint, PN tested its first sub-launched CM through an actively deployed sub and that sub is not included in the two types I mentioned earlier. Sorry, that's all I can share.

If anyone thinks Two 70B's + Three 90B's is the total number of currently deployed subs, then they are wrong.

As a hint, PN tested its first sub-launched CM through an actively deployed sub and that sub is not included in the two types I mentioned earlier. Sorry, that's all I can share.
Other than these 2 Pakistan has midget subs which do not have range and size to carry a cruise missile so I highly doubt your claim.

Hmm.... So, Subs are coming a bit late.
They’re on schedule, first 4 will be delivered by 2023-24, second 4 will be delivered by 2028. We might also see one Type 039B (not a hangor) be delivered before those for training purposes, as the naval chief did hint on that too.

Other than these 2 Pakistan has midget subs which do not have range and size to carry a cruise missile so I highly doubt your claim.
I also doubt that, such a major defense deal would likely not stay hidden. I think the launch was from a 90B or a non-submarine underwater platform.
Unless Pakistan made its own submarine (unlikely), such weapon deals being hidden is a rare thing.

Which sub that would be? a Leased sub from China ? but its hard to believe it though

You mean that PN already have another submarine type probably from China in operations??
Which sub that would be? a Leased sub from China ? but its hard to believe it though

Its possible that PN may got some customized Type-39B submarine for training and testing.

You mean that PN already have another submarine type probably from China in operations??

Its possible that PN may got some customized Type-39B submarine for training and testing.
The outgoing naval chief mentioned that Pakistan would be getting 1 Type 039B submarine from China for training and testing purposes before our hangors were delivered but i wouldn’t think that was the platform we used for the launch. Or that we’ve even gotten it yet.

pak got one hangor for training?

as per open source info and official acknowledgement Pakistan also has one Type-39 submarine for training of submarine crew.
pak got one hangor for training?
Not hangor, a type 039B, according to the words of The previous naval chief.
To clarify: the Hangor class is not just a Type 039. There are 4 Chinese variants of the Type 039, with the latest one being referred to as Type 039B (upgraded) or Type 041. Pakistani hangors are a Pakistan specific variants of this 4th variant of Type 039.
The normal export variant of Type 039 is a scaled down version of Type 039A called S20. Which Pakistan is not getting.

Not hangor, a type 039B, according to the words of The previous naval chief.
To clarify: the Hangor class is not just a Type 039. There are 4 Chinese variants of the Type 039, with the latest one being referred to as Type 039B (upgraded) or Type 041. Pakistani hangors are a Pakistan specific variants of this 4th variant of Type 039.
The normal export variant of Type 039 is a scaled down version of Type 039A called S20. Which Pakistan is not getting.
Thanks for the info. did not know that!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom