What's new

Sri Lankan Navy retreats seeing Indian ship

In my view every country has its rights to defenad itself.But here we are talking about poor fishermen not the sea tigers(now extinct).So SLN should be a little generous to them.I mean,come on!they are just fishermen catching fishes!Don't kill them just like that!!!!

your bullying wont last for long. this fishermen issue is as old as anything so why you bharatis insist on playing victim card when you yourself arresting and punishing Sri Lankan fishermen too.

its a two-way traffic. you know very well fishermen from all sides are poor and illiterate they literally dont know when they are crossing over to territory of other countries and even if they know they have NO choice due to their poverty but to fish in forbidden waters .

the best way is to hold talks by all sides and find some solution to it.

Well I am sort of agree with your views.But you could have told it in a bit more generously.

your bullying wont last for long. this fishermen issue is as old as anything so why you bharatis insist on playing victim card when you yourself arresting and punishing Sri Lankan fishermen too.

its a two-way traffic. you know very well fishermen from all sides are poor and illiterate they literally dont know when they are crossing over to territory of other countries and even if they know they have NO choice due to their poverty but to fish in forbidden waters .

the best way is to hold talks by all sides and find some solution to it.

First of all, Don't use the word Bhartis. It's spelling mistake and lack of Knowledge. Either call Bharatiya or Indian or Hindustani. Anything but correctly. Same Way, Like we don't say - or Pakistai or Pakisti ? But We say Pakistani which is correct.

As far as issue, Its small sea border between two countries.Check the Map. It's on both side. It happens on both side same way. It doesn't mean SL is aggressive or India.Its between Tamil Nadu / Kerala and SL mainly.

As far as issue, Its small sea border between two countries.Check the Map. It's on both side. It happens on both side same way. It doesn't mean SL is aggressive or India.Its between Tamil Nadu / Kerala and SL mainly.

small or big the issue is the same.

the only difference is that Sri Lanka had released bharati fishermen while bharat still has to release theirs who are in your jails for a long time. time to solve the issue

In my view every country has its rights to defenad itself.But here we are talking about poor fishermen not the sea tigers(now extinct).So SLN should be a little generous to them.I mean,come on!they are just fishermen catching fishes!Don't kill them just like that!!!!

and what makes you think that Sri Lankan fishermen are NOT poor? you are demanding generousness from SL for your fishermen and you are not willing to extend the same to them?

The poor Sri Lankans i am sure STILL must be in grief over killing of Warnakulasuriyage by Indians :angry:

What is this sudden display of aggressive behaviour by SL navy towards Indian fishermen ? The MEA should take this up at the highest level. Sometimes coercive diplomacy is quite necessary against unwanted actions , its good that as regional power we are able to de-escalate incidents , with our clout and keep the peace.

I think Jayalalitha Govt is sincere in dealing with this issue. The Congress lost all the coastal seats in the recent election because of this one single issue and they know it.

New Delhi must come clear on this - whether their relationship with Colombo is important or the life of their own citizens (fishermen) is important. Enough with this ambiguous statements of "Oh, we will take the issue with Colombo bla bla bla".

Good, let us keep it that way on both sides. Indian Navy should also be soft on Sri Lanka and that is what enhances relationship. Brutal attitude, arrogance and imposing rule of gun/force will leave a bad taste on both sides.

Till now let alone the IN, even the Coast Guard used to turn a blind eye towards the activities of the Sri Lankan Navy. Its time to take a bit more aggressive posture.

the only difference is that Sri Lanka had released bharati fishermen while bharat still has to release theirs who are in your jails for a long time. time to solve the issue

This is not true, Many SL fishermen were also released is same way.

Sri Lankan Fishermen To Be Released

Sri Lankan Fishermen To Be Released | The Sunday Leader

Sri Lanka Navy brings back fishermen released from Indian custody

Sri Lanka Navy brings back fishermen released from Indian custody » Sri Log

Both Source : Sri Lanka Media.

If any SL fisherman in Indian custody without any big reason. Then GoSL must provide all details. I am sure, No one will try to stretch such small things out of proportion and they will be released soon.

Jana has a valid point.. I'm with you.. IMO, Indian authorities r scrutinizing the facts, whether those r fishermen or LTTEs tried to sneak into India.. Once cleared, they will be sent back, as we r not happy to feed them in Jail..

Hey Friends...i am not sure if the context of this news report is correct..Did we really try to ascertain any neutral media to know about the facts???....In case Indian fishermen moved into to the Sri Lankan Territory then they have every damn right to take legal action....Please dont judge me wrong....but we should not be judgmental to all nitty gritty action of all of our neighbors.. If we are defining that we will shoot at sight to every one crossing India-BD border then SL Navy has every right to shoot at Indian fishermen too...this sud be a fair deal....

The local reports are saying that the incident happened off the island of Katchatheevu , which was gifted to the Sri lankans in 1974, with the agreement that Tamil fishermen will be allowed to fish there as they have done for centuries.

So technically even if they were inside SL borders, they were not wrong and the SL Navy had no goddamn business advising them.

:) dont clash just kick some of theirs in waters and later say sorry

Good advice. Kick us and then ?

For god sakes our Coast guard is larger than their entire Navy.:hitwall:

Anyway you dont know the ABCD of the maritime issues in this part of our world. So dont poke your nose and betray your ignorance.

The local reports are saying that the incident happened off the island of Katchatheevu , which was gifted to the Sri lankans in 1974, with the agreement that Tamil fishermen will be allowed to fish there as they have done for centuries.

So technically even if they were inside SL borders, they were not wrong.

Good advice. Kick us and then ?

For god sakes our Coast guard is larger than their entire Navy.:hitwall:

Anyway you dont know the ABCD of the maritime issues in this part. So dont poke your nose and betray your ignorance.

:lol: infact its you who are showing your ignorance not me. Many bharatis were arrested just recently some nautical miles off Talaimannar. when your fishermen know well they are crossing over to Sri Lankan waters then why you cry foul here

:lol: infact its you who are showing your ignorance not me. Many bharatis were arrested just recently some nautical miles off Talaimannar. when your fishermen know well they are crossing over to Sri Lankan waters then why you cry foul here

As I said Tamil fishermen were well within their legal rights to fish there as agreed with the Sri Lankan Govt when we gifted them Katchatheevu in 1974 and to which they shaked their heads like sheep.

I know more about this issue, being a Tamil, than you can possibly imagine. So dont poke your noses here to cry about the "evil Bharti fishermen" harming the poor little Sinhalese.

As I said Tamil fishermen were well within their legal rights to fish there as agreed with the Sri Lankan Govt when we gifted them Katchatheevu in 1974.

I know more about this issue, being a Tamil, than you can possibly imagine. So dont poke your noses here to cry about the "evil Bharti fishermen" harming the poor little Sinhalese.

and all your fishermen were arrested while fishing around Katchatheevu :angel:

and oh btw a little correction Sinhalese have a Nationality called Sri Lankans.

and all your fishermen were arrested while fishing around Katchatheevu :angel:

Yes, you can assume so. Because they are the only fishing grounds that are economically productive in that area. The rest are ecologically sensitive protected areas.

and oh btw a little correction Sinhalese have a Nationality called Sri Lankans.

The term is interchangeable as shown in the Sri-Lankan civil war.So we in Tamil Nadu prefer the usage of the term Sinhalas just like you prefer Bhartis over Indians.

Back
Top Bottom