What's new

Sri Lanka says no fighter jets deal with Pakistan

I don't need to as it is a small world.
Add_Sec_Def_III.jpg
Additional Secretary - Defence

Mr. S. Hettiarachchi
Who is S. Hettiarachchi? and how he is relevant?
P.S the statement that you quoted is of Karunasena hettiarachchi,
Secretary of Defence

Last edited:
Manufacturing Of aircraft is Not New For Indian Aviation Unlike PAC.JF-17 is your First Project Our Goes Back to HAL Marut.

Sir we totally acknowledge that fact and we also know that India got its aviation/weapons manufacturing industry already established by British Raj at the time of independence. For us it was really a long way to go as we had to literally start from the scratch.

i think jf-17 block 2 suites srilanka because their country is not very big and its good for third world country and cost is cheap + it have large weaponry air to air and air to ground even cruise missile so they should go with that

Sir we totally acknowledge that fact and we also know that India got its aviation/weapons manufacturing industry already established by British Raj at the time of independence. For us it was really a long way to go as we had to literally start from the scratch.

Whaaaaaaaat? HAL was started by an Indian Businessman Mr. Walchand Hirachand. Most other Infrastructures were built by Govt of India.

Whaaaaaaaat? HAL was started by an Indian Businessman Mr. Walchand Hirachand. Most other Infrastructures were built by Govt of India.

Sir am pointing at the pre Independence infrastructure and set up established in Indian part of Subcontinent by British Raj much before Independence. The switch for India was on already and U had to just move along.

lol Indian newspaper saying no deal, Pakistani media reporting there is.

Its always better to wait instead of believing everything you read. :)

Never trust Pakistani media channels. They spread misinformation almost at the speed of Indian channels.

There might be some serious talk about JF-17 between both the countries behind doors and that idiot Hamid Mir thought Hey I got my moment once again of spreading misinformation without confirmation. Roll it on.

I believe the news leak might be a deliberate attempt to harm the ongoing deal. That said i believe it wont matter.The decision might have already been made just waiting for the right moment to announce, we understand the SriLankan reservations to Indian influence in its country.

Patience....patience my Indian friends. You have displayed so much patience for your Teja. Not a little one for our JF?

For ALL the INDIANs who criticizing Pak - Lanka deal...

231426389100.jpg

Pakistan to sell JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Sri Lanka
January 5, 2016 09:55 pm

Pakistan to sell eight combat JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Sri Lanka under an agreement signed during the visit of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday.

The multi-roll fighter aircraft is the joint production of Pakistan and China.

Defence officials accompanying the prime minister said that both countries signed eight agreements related to defence, security, anti-terrorism, trade and science and technology and Pakistan would provide eight JF-17 fighter jets to Sri Lanka at the first phase.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena were present at the ceremony of signing agreements.

Speaking on the occasion, Nawaz said that Pakistan was ready to give Sri Lanka the most favoured nation (MFN) status in trade. He said that there were vast opportunities for bilateral trade and its quantum should be taken to one billion dollars annually.

He said that Pakistan was cooperating with Sri Lanka in defence sector and the two countries would work together to choke financial assistance to terrorists. He said that Pakistan and Sri Lanka were intended to strengthen bilateral relations as they had unanimity of views on the international and regional issues. He said that his visit was reflective of close relationship between the two sides.

- Daily Times

-Agencies

Another link...to confirm from INDIAN media....

.defencenews.in

Pakistanis were probing their host by floating a 'rumor'. Sri Lankans are obviously undecided or not buying.

Back
Top Bottom