What's new

Sri Lanka Navy Pictures - New

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

903b0257a365e18d6a5e836b8da0b756.jpg

Sri Lanka Dovra 2 patrolling the seas around Sri Lanka. These boats were originally from Israel, Build in Sri Lanka by Colombo Dockyard, Dovra 2 were utilised in the fore front of offensive as well as defensive roles.

Last edited:
6b77f77bb2ae9b6adb122658faca6df4.jpg

Sri Lanka Dovra 1 patrolling the seas around Sri Lanka. These boats were originally from Israel, Build in Sri Lanka by Colombo Dockyard, Dovra 2 were utilised in the fore front of offensive as well as defensive roles.

11ac62f4c014a2ff3992e254a61f645d.jpg

Sri Lanka Saar4 class ship purchased from the Israel. It has a missile carrying capability and pre-controlled high caliber electronic/manual firing systems in both attack and defensive roles. Known as Nandimithra

Sri Lanka Dovra 2 patrolling the seas around Sri Lanka. These boats were originally from Israel, Build in Sri Lanka by Colombo Dockyard, Dovra 2 were utilised in the fore front of offensive as well as defensive roles.

Sir,

That is an Indian Navy Super Dvora-II. I agree that the Sri Lankan Navy also operates the same boats but your picture is of Indian Navy T-80. See the picture clearly.

T-80 is also written in Hindi.

The Indian Super Dvora Boats have no names. They are numbered T-80 to T-86.

GB

Sri Lanka Off-shore Patrol vessel Sayura, It Can Operate Helicopters.

It is ex Indian Navy INS Sarayu (P54) built in India. The helo that the ship operates is HAL Chetak again ex-Indian Navy.

Here is a pic of the same boat back when she was in service with Indian Navy.

babcee48c0e96e29dc8813cdf41fab73.jpg

GB

Sri Lanka Suranimala purchased from The Israel, It has a missile carrying capability and pre-controlled high caliber electronic/manual firing systems in both attack and defensive roles.

SLNS Sayurala.

Ex Indian CGS Vigraha built in India sold to Sri Lanka in 2008.

82b7ffe1c8e7291adc106000a3cbca6e.jpg

GB

Sir,

That is an Indian Navy Super Dvora-II. I agree that the Sri Lankan Navy also operates the same boats but your picture is of Indian Navy T-80. See the picture clearly.

T-80 is also written in Hindi.

The Indian Super Dvora Boats have no names. They are numbered T-80 to T-86.

GB

OK MY DEAR, Sri Lanka Navy has 40+ Dvora 2 Boats

OK MY DEAR, Sri Lanka Navy has 40+ Dvora 2 Boats

# 1 Sri Lanka combined Super Dvora-I/II/III dont have 40+ Dvora boats.

# 2 Indian Navy has diferent types of patrol boats class. Most of them are made in India.

# 3 In the absence of a coast guard and no requirement of offensive boats like Destroyers, Frigates and Corvettes Sri Lanka has a large number of Small, Offshore and Inshore patrol boats.

# 4 This still doesn't change the fact that the picture highlighted by me is of the Indian Dvora and not the Lankan one.

GB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom