What's new

Sri Lanka is in talks to offer the Trinco port to India

India does not give us loans to develop our country on our own accords. China does so. That's why we turn to China for infrastructure loans. Plus China don't impose unnecessary conditions on us.

The current cock up is all thanks to the present government's stupidity. China nor Rajapaksha has nothing to do with it. Anyhow, this will change to better when this government falls within this year.
and what happens later with partnership with China? Nearly bought your coutry!
Same is happening in Pakistani Baluchistan where Chinese population will exceed Baloch in 30 years and Balochistan will become Chinese province.

Anyone that knows about Trinco knows that it cannot be leased and leasing it is a financial nightmare for India.
Trinco is large and even the inner harbour is larger than H'tota but revenue is far smaller. When I saw the news, I was thinking how they are actually going to do it. :yay:
They are using India to mask the H"tota port deal. Simple as that!

" Our experience [with the Chinese] on Hambantota has not been very beneficial as we are facing a heavy debt burden due to the work done in that port."

That is serious. Heavy debt burden is a drain.

India invests while China give loans. The development models are poles apart. If the project doesn't succeed, India looses while for China that is not the case. The interest and principle should be paid.

There is another side of the story. Some speculate that India was expecting Sinhalese to subdue under Chinese influence regarding the H'tota port deal. It is said that India was trying to secure the Trinco port as the same way as Chinese trying to secure the H'tota port if Sinhalese didn't oppose selling their homeland. Now, when they see Sinhalese don't even accept Chinese to take over their land; India is backing off the Trinco deal.

" Our experience [with the Chinese] on Hambantota has not been very beneficial as we are facing a heavy debt burden due to the work done in that port."

That is serious. Heavy debt burden is a drain.

India invests while China give loans. The development models are poles apart. If the project doesn't succeed, India looses while for China that is not the case. The interest and principle should be paid.

Looking for profit from a port that is not fully develop is a very unjust proposition.

and what happens later with partnership with China? Nearly bought your coutry!
Same is happening in Pakistani Baluchistan where Chinese population will exceed Baloch in 30 years and Balochistan will become Chinese province.

First off, there is still no deal on H'tota port. We still aren't sure whether this government is going to sign the deal. Our former president has also stated that he is against the deal to the Chinese ambassador himself when they met after the rioting incident. I don't think China take Mahinda Rajapaska lightly.

India already has ports in TN near to the trinco port, the deal makes no sense in terms of profit.

Balancing Chinese influence makes sense!

There is another side of the story. Some speculate that India was expecting Sinhalese to subdue under Chinese influence regarding the H'tota port deal. It is said that India was trying to secure the Trinco port as the same way as Chinese trying to secure the H'tota port if Sinhalese didn't oppose selling their homeland. Now, when they see Sinhalese don't even accept Chinese to take over their land; India is backing off the Trinco deal.

Looking for profit from a port that is not fully develop is a very unjust proposition.

First off, there is still no deal on H'tota port. We still aren't sure whether this government is going to sign the deal. Our former president has also stated that he is against the deal to the Chinese ambassador himself when they met after the rioting incident. I don't think China take Mahinda Rajapaska lightly.

Saying they would lease trinco doesn't mask the Port deal with China. The support for the Hambantota project is very high and some MPs even asked to relocate the Hambantota SEZ into their areas. Out of all the districts that will get SEZs only h'tota got riots because Rajapaksa's influence.

There is also similar demand for the Indian 1990 service and they are also not sure where to place the Indian-funded SEZs

How would you get profits, if the project is not operational and profit making? Equity investors get their returns back from profits, while creditor get interest irrespective of operational and profit making status of the project. Paying interests becomes a burden if the project doesn't make enough operational profits to cover the interest payments. That is when projects become bankrupt.

How would you get profits, if the project is not operational and profit making? Equity investors get their returns back from profits, while creditor get interest irrespective of operational and profit making status of the project. Paying interests becomes a burden if the project doesn't make enough operational profits to cover the interest payments. That is when projects become bankrupt.

H'tota port is just a only a part of the grand scheme of things. There is a plan to develop the areas around the port as Industrial zones. It's not just like the current deal to handover the land to Chinese to do what they like, the earlier plan was more like a free trade zone. Allowing companies to benefit from the H'tota port and Mattala airport.

Explaing those to him doesn't work. He was so bloody stupid ,childish and brainwashed that he became major nuisance and I added him to my ignore list.
I don't think he will understand that. He wants to legalize hate speech but thinks Homosexuals are mentally ill, when I say hate speech is the cause of past race riots he asks if only "speech" and not TV or newspapers cause race riots:sick:. He also doesn't understand privatization ,Public Private partnerships and even the difference between lease and freehold.

We are using the same thing in Hambantota by giving 80% equity of a joint company to China. They will invest milllions to billions to make the Port profitable. Develop several SEZs in the region with a combined Land area of 15,000 acres, they even set up a Vocational training center to train local youth for those jobs and China gets a safe sea route

Sri Lankan ports Authority is also searching for a partner for the East terminal in Colombo and its deeper than the Chinese terminal in Colombo. We want an investor from the region so Indians have higher chance of getting it
http://www.colombopage.com/archive_16B/Aug26_1472185701CH.php

Last edited:
Explaing those to him doesn't work. He was so bloody stupid ,childish and brainwashed that he became major nuisance and I added him to my ignore list.
I don't think he will understand that. He wants to legalize hate speech but thinks Homosexuals are mentally ill, when I say hate speech is the cause of past race riots he asks if only "speech" and not TV or newspapers cause race riots:sick:. He also doesn't understand privatization ,Public Private partnerships and even the difference between lease and freehold.

We are using the same thing in Hambantota by giving 80% equity of a joint company to China. They will invest milllions to billions to make the Port profitable. Develop several SEZs in the region with a combined Land area of 15,000 acres, they even set up a Vocational training center to train local youth for those jobs and China gets a safe sea route

Sri Lankan ports Authority is also searching for a partner for the East terminal in Colombo and its deeper than the Chinese terminal in Colombo. We want an investor from the region so Indians have higher chance of getting it
http://www.colombopage.com/archive_16B/Aug26_1472185701CH.php

I do err sometimes. I accept it. But you don't even accept you erred. That is typical for the UNP voters.

The main purpose of discussion forums is to discuss matters. Not to ignore people when you can't put a decent reply for an argument.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom