What's new

Specifications of Agni 6- Speculated

Possible Specification

Height > 14 Meters

Diameter> 2 Meters

Weight > 35 Tons

Range - 6000 KM

Note 2> wiki says Agni 6's height is 40 Meters and Diameter is 1.1 Meter.

However one PDF member has suggested that journo quoting this figures must be Bengali and Bengali people have problem with pronouncing "pas" and "phass".

Hence, He concluded that Real figures must be 14 meters and 2.1 Meters.

According to me this is specification of A 6 SLBM

Note 3> The OP is entirely based on my analysis and little help from the concerned PDF Member and P.K Sengupta.

I thank them both.
I don't think 14m long missile can stand in subs, since more than 8000km range SLBM:
Russia RSM-56 Bulava: 12.1m long, Typhoon class nuclear submarine: 21500tons
US Trident missile D5II:13.42m long, Ohio Class Sub:18750 tons
China JL-2:13m long, 094 type sub:11000tons
France M51:13m long,Le Triomphant sub:12640tons

While Agni-V weighs 50 tonnes and is 17.5 metres long, Agni-VI belongs to the 65-70-tonne class and will be 20 metres long. “Agni-VI will be a massive vehicle,” the technologists said. It was too early to say when its first launch would take place. It would be road-mobile and blast off from trucks with launching platforms.

Agni-VI all set to take shape | Missile ThreatMissile Threat

In my opinion Agni 6 will be 19 meters long and have diameter of 2.4 meters.

It will have 3 warheads initially, I think.

I don't think 14m long missile can stand in subs, since more than 8000km range SLBM:
Russia RSM-56 Bulava: 12.1m long, Typhoon class nuclear submarine: 21500tons
US Trident missile D5II:13.42m long, Ohio Class Sub:18750 tons
China JL-2:13m long, 094 type sub:11000tons
France M51:13m long,Le Triomphant sub:12640tons

I think these figure dont include length of booster stage

The recent interview by Tessy Thomas where it was said that the weight of Agni III was reduced from 48 tons to 22 tons can have implications on both Agni 5 and Agni 6 .

Kindly give link for the claim

@Aeronaut> Old layout was awesome, new is.......hmm............not so good

If the old layout was not easy to maintain (i.e large fonts, large place to post and dozens of smileys) due to huge number of threads then nonsense threads should have targeted and closed down.

Awesome layout was major USP of PDF and I can no longer see the option of live posts.

@Aernaut> Old layout was awesome, new is.......hmm............not so good

If the old layout was not easy to maintain (i.e large fonts, large place to post and dozens of smileys) due to huge number of threads then nonsense threads should have targeted and closed down.

Awesome layout was major USP of PDF and I can no longer see the option of live posts.
This is not the final look, it will be better than before in a week

@Aeronaut> Old layout was awesome, new is.......hmm............not so good

Ms. Thomas said that while the two-stage Agni-III missile capable of hitting targets up to 3,000 km away weighed 50 tonnes, the team was able to bring down the weight of the missile to 22 tonnes.

https://defence.pk/threads/agni-v-vital-tessy-thomas.284269/

Ms. Thomas said that while the two-stage Agni-III missile capable of hitting targets up to 3,000 km away weighed 50 tonnes, the team was able to bring down the weight of the missile to 22 tonnes.

?????????????is she hinting at Land Version of K 4?

Mr. Chander too hinted about this version months ago in interview.

That must be the case, because by no way the weight of missile can be reduced that much (45.83%)

@Capt.Popeye @sancho @gambit

If you want to point at DF 31A, it has diameter of 2.25 meters and length of 13 meters, i.e its have significantly more room for propellants and remember its payload has not been disclosed.

DF-31 series missile length is actually 15,5m. As you can see original DF-31 (CSS-10 Mod 1) is a single warhead missile + penaids, and same goes probably to the DF-31A (CSS-10 Mod 2) since length wise it's same as DF-31 but it's third stage has a larger diameter.
QpDQw6Q.jpg

D4Vf6rF.jpg

DF-31 RV is claimed weight 470kg so a missile size of DF-31A is not strong enough to haul three of them.

DF-31 series missile length is actually 15,5m. As you can see original DF-31 (CSS-10 Mod 1) is a single warhead missile + penaids, and same goes probably to the DF-31A (CSS-10 Mod 2) since length wise it's same as DF-31 but it's third stage has a larger diameter.
QpDQw6Q.jpg

D4Vf6rF.jpg

DF-31 RV is claimed weight 470kg so a missile size of DF-31A is not strong enough to haul three of them.

Which proves my point

DF-31A carries 470 kg RV so its payload is around 550-600 KG.

The members boasting about DF-31A's compact size and bashing Agni-5 always forget that Agni 5 has payload no less than 1,200 KG and apogee of 600+ km.

Which proves my point

DF-31A carries 470 kg RV so its payload is around 550-600 KG.

The members boasting about DF-31A's compact size and bashing Agni-5 always forget that Agni 5 has payload no less than 1,200 KG and apogee of 600+ km.

Most likely more than 600kg since DF-31A is also hauling a payload shroud (not seen in DF-31) what is covering the RV + penaids.

Last edited:
^^still less than 1,200 KG payload of Agni 5

True, but it does not need to carry that heavy payload because Chinese are ahead in warhead technology. India needs to make heavier & larger missiles with lesser range because they have less sophisticated warheads, and until India develops new nuclear warheads (new tests) it will stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom