What's new

Specifications of Agni 6- Speculated

Arihant has a beam of 15 metres and draft of 10 metres .

So it will not be a problem to launch missile within 10 to 15 metres in height .

Its a vertical height that counts to launch an lcbm n not horizontal as beam....

:lol:

U got me wrong........my idea is to fire a single strap-on booster of GSLV as a missile.......my main aim was to prove that India has the necessary technology to immediately build a credible SLBM.

You need some knowledge punishment new bee....take some rocket science lessons...
Then come back.
Till then
Sayonara

Its a vertical height that counts to launch an lcbm n not horizontal as beam....

Yes . I brought the beam because , AFAIK , most SSBNs have their vertical height > horizontal width .

So if arihant has a beam of 15 metres then surely draft + free board will be greater than 15 metres which means sub will be able to carry missiles with a length around 15 metres.

I think,as far as naming is concerned,we should stop by Agni 5 and start a new series.

Yes . I brought the beam because , AFAIK , most SSBNs have their vertical height > horizontal width .

So if arihant has a beam of 15 metres then surely draft + free board will be greater than 15 metres which means sub will be able to carry missiles with a length around 15 metres.

Its a height that is paramount to fit any vertical launch missile , thats why the creation of a hump on some submarine to extend the height for fitment of the same.

Actually the word draft is a misnomer here, because it mean " the depth from waterline to keel" and normally used ( this term ) for loaded shops.....

I don't think that India is currently working on any Agni 6. They might have plans to take the range to over 8000km but don't think this project is on as of now. Maybe after induction of agni 5.

I say just fire a GSLV strap-on booster from a sub with modified/added guidance systems.........will be able to deliver 1000kg to more than 6000km away, i'm sure abt it.

Post this comment in "stupid and funny from all over the word" thred...

Its a height that is paramount to fit any vertical launch missile , thats why the creation of a hump on some submarine to extend the height for fitment of the same.

Agree with you .That is why I said .

draft + free board = height of sub.

Actually the word draft is a misnomer here, because it mean " the depth from waterline to keel" and normally used ( this term ) for loaded shops.....

idk if it is a misnomer but if you look on wiki all subs specify their draft .

Agree with you .That is why I said .

draft + free board = height of sub.

idk if it is a misnomer but if you look on wiki all subs specify their draft .

When sub engineers try to install vertical tubes, its the height that they are cognisant about and not draft, as said before, draft is read on plimsoll lines amidship, which is irrelevant to sub engineers.

When sub engineers try to install vertical tubes, its the height that they are cognisant about and not draft, as said before, draft is read on plimsoll lines amidship, which is irrelevant to sub engineers.

That is what I am also saying , height of sub (when it is surfaced) will be equal to distance from water line to bottom of keel + distance from water line to top of sub .

I used draft because height of subs are not published only draft like below .

Post this comment in "stupid and funny from all over the word" thred...

sorry man.......it should be PSLV strap-on motors......whose specs kind of fits the specs of an SLBM motor.............I did this research quite a few years back......

When start to look for the details of the Agni series missiles.......not much information is available on internet abt Indian rocket technology......however some credible information which u can get is of ISRO rocket motors........my post was to prove that India already has the necessary technology to build a significant SLBM......it is only a question of political will.

http://www.spacelaunchreport.com/pslv.html

That is what I am also saying , height of sub (when it is surfaced) will be equal to distance from water line to bottom of keel + distance from water line to top of sub .

I used draft because height of subs are not published only draft like below .

as you can see for yourself, it says estimated. And marine engineers dont go for these number, they actually measure the height manually by hand held laser range finders when it comes to instalation. they hv to be pricise in what they are doing.

The wiki report that states an Indian SLBM to be of length 40m is a report written by a non-technical person....... a person with atleast some technical know how in this matter will know this is not possible.

may be it was typo

I have already explained this thing in OP

as you can see for yourself, it says estimated. And marine engineers dont go for these number, they actually measure the height manually by hand held laser range finders when it comes to instalation. they hv to be pricise in what they are doing.

Exactly .

I was making an amateurish comparison and if you look at the pic above there is no data for the height ( not only arihant almost every sub). So we can only guess .I was guessing height and hence post #19

Back
Top Bottom