What's new

South China Sea Forum

China rejects Philippine effort at UN mediation over South China Sea territorial dispute

What a shame ! big country, big mouth, big muscle but small heart is proved again. Come on, China! If you are so sure, just bring the issue out, don't be peace just on your mouth, violent in fact .

Be a gentleman, please act like real number 2 nation of the world :rofl:

Korean also rejected japanese effort at UN mediation about the dispute island. Kid, that is normal in adult world, it is very common action of a strong man ignoring some tiny week man..:smitten:

No that China ignored the Philippines, what are the Pinoys going to do now?

Phl benefits from China's refusal to join arbitration
By Alexis Romero (philstar.com) | Updated February 22, 2013 - 4:47pm

MANILA, Philippines - Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin said Friday that China's refusal to participate in the arbitration process on the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) dispute is favorable to the Philippines.

Gazmin said China’s decision would raise questions as to why it does not want to face the arbitration tribunal.

“E di mas maganda para sa atin pag hindi sila mag-participate (It would be favorable for us if they [China] do not participate),” Gazmin said in an interview.

“Well, the natural reaction is why they don’t want to face the tribunal” he added. Gazmin noted that the arbitration process would continue even if China had rejected it. “Whether they reject or not, the case will proceed even if they do not participate,” he said. Last month, the Philippines challenged China’s territorial claim to most of the West Philippine Sea before an international tribunal of the United Nations (UN).

China claims almost the entire West Philippine Sea and the East Sea. The area, delineated by a so-called nine-dash line, covers more than 100 islets, atolls and reefs.

The Philippines believes China’s nine-dash line, which outlined its claims over most of the sea is illegal. China’s claims also overlap with those of the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, Brunei and Vietnam.

The Philippines hopes the international tribunal would declare China’s claim in the West Philippine Sea as contrary to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).”

The Philippines also asked China to desist from unlawful activities that violate its sovereign rights and jurisdiction.

In explaining the government’s decision to bring the dispute to the UN tribunal, Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario said the Philippines has tried almost all avenues for a peaceful settlement of the territorial row.

On Tuesday, China rejected the conduct of international proceedings on the dispute and insisted that the row should be settled through bilateral talks.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said the notice of arbitration forwarded by the Philippines have “serious mistakes both in fact and law.”

China reiterated that it has “indisputable sovereignty” over the entire West Philippine Sea, a claim that the Philippines has described as “excessive.”

The Philippines, however, said the refusal of China to join the proceedings will not derail the arbitration process.

“China’s action will not interfere with the process of arbitration initiated by the Philippines on 22 January 2013. The Arbitration will proceed under Annex VII of UNCLOS and the 5-member arbitration panel will be formed with or without China,” the Foreign Affairs department said in a statement.

“The Philippines remains committed to arbitration which is a friendly, peaceful and durable form of dispute settlement that should be welcomed by all,” it added.

Fishermen Caught Out by South China Sea Spat

Author: By Tomas Etzler for CNN
Published: Feb 18 2013 09:55:08 PM EST

Fishermen caught out by South China Sea spat | News - Home

LUZON, Philippines (CNN) -

A year ago, a fisherman Efren Forones came back from fishing trips with up to three and half tons of fish. In return he was able to buy 15 to 20 kilos of rice for his family every month and was planning to send at least one of his six children to college.

Not any more.

He now returns with just 400 kilos of catch at best, meaning he can only afford one to two kilos of rice a month, while school for his children is an expensive luxury and out of the question.

The reason? He says he can longer fish in the fertile waters around Scarborough Shoal.

A cluster of uninhabitable sand banks and small rocks set in a shallow azure water lagoon about 130 miles (200 km) west from the Philippine island of Luzon, Scarborough Shoal is one of a number of territories at the center of an international dispute in the South China Sea.

He says the Shoal is the most important fishing ground in this region. "They (the Chinese) shoo us away, will not allow Filipinos to come near the area," he says. "They are the only ones that can fish there, not us. We lost Scarborough and it is hard. We earn nothing."

i used to think chinese and vietnam were sharing the same ancestors,cultures. most people living in south of china thought they were both vietnam and chinese ....

i used to think chinese and vietnam were sharing the same ancestors,cultures. most people living in south of china thought they were both vietnam and chinese ....
It's may be right, but The problem is some Chinese nowaday feel so arrogant and angry for past, also for their current life in China social with many stress and problems, feel sorry for their self-respect. And they want satisfy themselves with some actions.

I guess you saw the news!? Chinese protest are about disputed turn out bloodly riot and looting, Japanese and Vietnamese not like that!

@NiceGuy: I guess you get that on Fb, right!? Well, It's just cheap way for a poor store own by fool people used a stupid trick and think some idiots will step in that store by those stupid words.
You can see those stupid throughout Chinese protest against Japan and that show the world how low some Chinese is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's may be right, but The problem is some Chinese nowaday feel so arrogant and angry for past, also for their current life in China social with many stress and problems, feel sorry for their self-respect. And they want satisfy themselves with some actions.

I guess you saw the news!? Chinese protest are about disputed turn out bloodly riot and looting, Japanese and Vietnamese not like that!

@NiceGuy: I guess you get that on Fb, right!? Well, It's just cheap way for a poor store own by fool people used a stupid trick and think some idiots will step in that store by those stupid words.
You can see those stupid throughout Chinese protest against Japan and that show the world how low some Chinese is it.

yea ,but it was some chinese ,most chinese i have seen were modest,the disputed island between china and japan is not the same thing with vietnam .my friend

Last edited by a moderator:
yea ,but it was some chinese ,most chinese i have seen were modest,the disputed island between china and japan is not the same thing with vietnam .my friend
Of course, I said that some, not all, and those disputed have different points, friend. Indeed, I don't hate China and chinese for first, but many things and many people were take wrong way.

You guys will see lots of this floating around in the SCS in the not-too-distant future:

00.gif

Specifically designed and made for wide deployment in the SCS,the Offshore Combined Floating Wind Power Generation Platform is composed of 9 XD93-2000kW WTGs,with the right octagonal structure having a radiu of apprx 820m。:azn:

You guys will see lots of this floating around in the SCS in the not-too-distant future:

00.gif

Specifically designed and made for wide deployment in the SCS,the Offshore Combined Floating Wind Power Generation Platform is composed of 9 XD93-2000kW WTGs,with the right octagonal structure having a radiu of apprx 820m。:azn:

Is 1 kg TNT enough ?:enjoy:

No that China ignored the Philippines, what are the Pinoys going to do now?
I suggest Philippines should copy China. We remember of last year riot in China, where demonstrators and rioters staged weeklong protest against Japan. Philippines should remain peaceful though.

Don´t provoke us and stay outside of our waters, otherwise...

307380_305193966270237_370676818_n.jpg

62305_300545056735128_1014021542_n.jpg

VN´s Maritime Police and Border Guard ships

Back
Top Bottom