What's new

South China Sea Forum

I hope they should not mind our stand on Dalai lama issue then.

they will sir.
as I said, being an indian, I do oppose their stand, so being chinese they will oppose us.

but then, if u ask a sane chinese, how does he think of our stand as a neutral person, I think he will say the same.

they show their official stand, and we show ours.

they will sir.
as I said, being an indian, I do oppose their stand, so being chinese they will oppose us.

but then, if u ask a sane chinese, how does he think of our stand as a neutral person, I think he will say the same.

they show their official stand, and we show ours.
Actually I do not oppose their stance either. International politics is like a chess game.If the chinese gets chance its natural they will try to check mate Indians. Even if we take their massive economy and defence spending into account I do believe India can do enough to keep the Chinese on the toe as it is doing to us.

PS: Please do not call me "sir",me still look like a student:P

Sure, everyone is freely to express opinions, even stupid comments.

Historic maps support Vietnam's island sovereignty - People

mate, read post 18 and 19.

Actually I do not oppose their stance either. International politics is like a chess game.If the chinese gets chance its natural they will try to check mate Indians. Even if we take their massive economy and defence spending into account I do believe India can do enough to keep the Chinese on the toe as it is doing to us.

PS: Please do not call me "sir",me still look like a student:P

fine.
btw, what do you do sir, I mean friend.

BE (Electrical) working in a thermal power plant. Made in China:lol:

I am a future mechanical engineer. I was earlier thinking of EEE (electrical and electronics) but finally went for mechanical, due to the fear of electronics.

vietnam "evidence" is untenable,you may say ours are fake, too.however ,the past is not important. we'd better look ahead.

Your patriotic enthusiasm may lead you to support a tough move of your govenment.but what you have to face is a big country and would soon be world top both in econemy and military. so your govenment have only two choices,surrender or destroyed.though you can join in some kind of anti-China alliance,which will only delay the sentence but not change the final result.
vietnam should carefully weigh the way of survive.
harsh reality

vietnam "evidence" is untenable,you may say ours are fake, too.however ,the past is not important. we'd better look ahead.

Your patriotic enthusiasm may lead you to support a tough move of your govenment.but what you have to face is a big country and would soon be world top both in econemy and military. so your govenment have only two choices,surrender or destroyed.though you can join in some kind of anti-China alliance,which will only delay the sentence but not change the final result.
harsh reality

harsh reality

It is quite funny how 'anyone' in this world would tell a 'Vietnamese' about 'surrender or we destroy you'. US was at its peak, militarily and economically when it did that and rest as they say is history :)

The days of destruction via weapons to conquer nations are over since early 1900 and today, ONLY diplomacy can lead to solutions.

I can sense the pride at China being a Global Power, which actually is quite well placed. But, that does not entitle you to just be able to walk over Viets... At least history demonstrates that a Country like Vietnam would not roll over just because you have a great military and economy... But, suit yourself!

Why do Indians cry about everything? Every slight thing, they think its such a massive deal.
Indians have an obsession with China.
They try soooo hard to be like us and get the attention we get :lol:
Try harder, much much harder.

harsh reality
I must admit you sound so funny, a comedian. Surrender or destroyed? what a question! Maybe I remind you some of our previous encounters. Do you remember of the defeat of the Qing dynasty in 1788? No?

The Vietnamese army led by general Nguyen Hue butchered the invading soldiers of Great Qing Empire in the 5 day battle during the Vietnamese lunar new year holiday Tet of 1788. So if you have a chance to visit Vietnam, you can visit the "Chinese hill" in Hanoi, where 200,000 Chinese soldiers were buried.

harsh reality!

nguyenhue2.jpg

Vietnamese general Nguyen Hue (1753-1792)

36098463.jpg

Chinese cementary (Hanoi)

The nine dashes were points in the vast seas East of Vietnam and West of the Philippines where Chinese fishermen went fishing in ancient times. They have to mark it in order to know the locations where fish abound. Even Filipinos and Vietnamese fishermen went to these areas. Being nearer to shores, there was no need for Filipino fishermen to mark the areas.

25-nine-dashed-line-in-the-south-china-sea.jpg

China's rejection of Philippines suggestion that both countries elevate their dispute in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) to the UNCLOS is an indication that China may not be able to validate its territorial claim. They know they can't wax their fairy tale arguments this time and those maps that they pulled straight out from Davy Jones locker will be useless in legal court.

I must admit you sound so funny, a comedian. Surrender or destroyed? what a question! Maybe I remind you some of our previous encounters. Do you remember of the defeat of the Qing dynasty in 1788? No?

The Vietnamese army led by general Nguyen Hue butchered the invading soldiers of Great Qing Empire in the 5 day battle during the Vietnamese lunar new year holiday Tet of 1788. So if you have a chance to visit Vietnam, you can visit the "Chinese hill" in Hanoi, where 200,000 Chinese soldiers were buried.

harsh reality!

nguyenhue2.jpg

Vietnamese general Nguyen Hue (1753-1792)

36098463.jpg

Chinese cementary (Hanoi)

200,000 Chinese soldiers? There were only 15,000 Chinese + 20,000 (Nha Hau Le) Vietnamese were involved and even not all of them are soldiers.
Where did you get the number.

200,000 Chinese soldiers? There were only 15,000 Chinese + 20,000 (Nha Hau Le) Vietnamese were involved and even not all of them are soldiers.
Where did you get the number.
Actually 30,000 soldiers were killed and 3,400 captured in the battle of 1788, even the Chinese generals Xu Shiheng, Shang Weisheng, Zhang Chaolong and Cen Yidong were killed in action.

I got the number of 200,000 from an Internet source. I guess the cementary was for killed Chinese soldiers of ancient Sino-VN wars.

Battle of Ng

Re-edit: among the casualty were 15,000 Qing troops (including soldiers and porters) and
20,000 Lê Dynasty supporters, as you quoted.

Yes, Chinese wages are so high it can quiet any war over maps between us and neighbors!

Actually 30,000 Chinese soldiers were killed and 3,400 captured in the battle of 1788, even the Chinese generals Xu Shiheng, Shang Weisheng, Zhang Chaolong and Cen Yidong were killed in action.

I got the number of 200,000 from an Internet source. I guess the cementary was for killed Chinese soldiers of ancient Sino-VN wars.

Battle of Ng

The number of 30,000 is based on the Annals of the Dai Nam
and the number of 15,000 Chinese + 20,000 (Nha Hau Le) Vietnamese is based on the Draft History of Qing.

Many Qing generals were killed, but I don't think that the number from Vietnam is actually real.

It is quite funny how 'anyone' in this world would tell a 'Vietnamese' about 'surrender or we destroy you'. US was at its peak, militarily and economically when it did that and rest as they say is history :)

The days of destruction via weapons to conquer nations are over since early 1900 and today, ONLY diplomacy can lead to solutions.

I can sense the pride at China being a Global Power, which actually is quite well placed. But, that does not entitle you to just be able to walk over Viets... At least history demonstrates that a Country like Vietnam would not roll over just because you have a great military and economy... But, suit yourself!

As a spectator you will never get painful. so say whatever you want.
btw, US is on other side of the Earth, what it lost is only some scrap metal and some solders which is nothing , but vietnam lost so many civilian and development of half a centery .even US lost 10 times more, vietnam still can't affort the game.

harsh reality!

stories don't save your life. no chicanery can help you , face what you have to face.

Even the Vietnamese maps and claims are way off...right?
You wrong!
We just claim for our EEZ and Paracels and Spratlys as part of territory since Nguyen dynasty (1800 century), which China invade in the end of Vietnam War. We not claim all SCS!

harsh reality
Huh, you even don't understand about situation but you spoke too loud, kid!

Back
Top Bottom