What's new

Songs with same tunes

Pachelbel Canon in D certainly influenced the major chords of these two famous songs heavily:

@jbgt90 Saab I think you might enjoy this thread. Please invite the other music lovers you know.

I thought there was an Indian song based on this but cannot recollect. Any ideas?

I thought there was an Indian song based on this but cannot recollect. Any ideas?

Dunno if you know Tamil, but there was a Tamil song (very famous) based on que sera sera by Doris Day.

Not sure if there was a North Indian version also.

Jikki was the playback singer (female)....one of a kind.

AM Raja was the male voice at the end....one of my all time favourites.

My mom was utterly shocked when she watched the Hitchcock movie that had the English original song (Man who knew too much - 1956). She enjoys the original version so much now too.

Tamil movie (Aravali) is from 1957.

Last edited:

Dunno if you know Tamil, but there was a Tamil song based on que sera sera by Doris Day.

Super.

Dunno if you know Tamil, but there was a Tamil song (very famous) based on que sera sera by Doris Day.

My mom was utterly shocked when she watched the Hitchcock movie that had the English original song (Man who knew too much). She enjoys the original version so much now too.

Jikki and AM Raja are one of my favorite singers.

@dadeechi Where you from in India bro? You seem well acquainted with old South Indian music :D

The song you posted is not the original, someone else is singing it.

Heres the original wonderful version:

Tamil, Telugu movie/music industry were joined at the hip for a very long time given Madras history. hence many movies and songs were released in both languages ;)

I watched the movie missiamma not too long ago actually. Very nice movie.

@dadeechi Where you from in India bro? You seem well acquainted with old South Indian music :D

Tamil, Telugu movie/music industry were joined at the hip for a very long time given Madras history. hence many movies and songs were released in both languages ;)

I am an old man and beyond my prime age. Most of the time I only watch black and white movies as that is what I use to watch as a child.

Aren't Savitri & Gemini Ganesan, wife & husband in real life?

I am an old man and beyond my prime age. Most of the time I only watch black and white movies as that is what I use to watch as a child.

No wonder! I also prefer old movies....most new movies/music I cannot stand these days.

Aren't Savitri & Gemini Ganesan, wife & husband in real life?

Yes they were (both have long since passed). But he did not treat her very well in real life(long story)....so I will always have some bitterness to him. Neither did he treat his first wife (Rekha's mother) good either.

Tamil movie industry also has a big role in Savitri RL fading and ultimate demise. It is always a bit sad to see her in her prime movies knowing what happened to her. She at her prime was probably the best actress in South film industry.,,,and maybe best ever even.

My Country, 'Tis of Thee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The song served as one of the de facto national anthems of the United States (along with songs like "Hail, Columbia") before the adoption of "The Star-Spangled Banner" as the official anthem in 1931"

Can you believe that!!

You ever seen this one:

(listen to the part that starts at 3 minutes).

and compare with:

Its not entirely fair since ole Gustav did outright recycle his own music to give the Brits a fitting theme for the poem.

One of my favourite songs. A real heart tugger.

You ever seen this one:

(listen to the part that starts at 3 minutes).

and compare with:

Its not entirely fair since ole Gustav did outright recycle his own music to give the Brits a fitting theme for the poem.

One of my favourite songs. A real heart tugger.

I guess I'm not up on all British national tunes. First I ever heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom