What's new

Some questions related to number of tanks in Pakistan Army

Link Below as to What the Indian Tank Regiments and Nos will be by 2020 from an INDIAN GENERAL

Presently, as things stand, Indian Army HQ is adhering to a modified MBT force structure, whose original version, as proposed in 2006, had called for a fleet of 3,780 MBTs, comprising 1,302 T-90s 2,356 T-72s and 124 Arjun Mk1s.

The modified structure now calls for 2,473 higher-end MBTs, including 1,409 T-90s, 248 Arjuns, and 692 T-72M1 Combat Improved Ajeyas. The Army’s gameplan is to have 21 regiments of T-90s and 34 regiments of upgraded T-72M1s and six regiments of Arjuns by 2020.--Prasun K. Sengupta

Contrary to Pakistan Propaganda The Arjun regiments will be doubled to 250 tanks.

Easily the best armour the Arjun cannot be stopped by a T90- even with a direct hit.

Best in terms speed and 4 man crew.

The Arjuns role is specfic its designed to fight in a nuclear battefield..

Even if it is inducted in above mentioned numbers, it will still not be India's front line mbt and that role will still be fulfilled by T-90s. Being patriotic is good but please don't ignore facts.

Rather old pic. Can any Chinese member translate it plz??

e3c9ac9b935f3334520f58b51bf893c2.jpg

I suspect they are two different specs for different versions, some one plz translate. Thanks

Even if it is inducted in above mentioned numbers, it will still not be India's front line mbt and that role will still be fulfilled by T-90s. Being patriotic is good but please don't ignore facts.

i doubt that arjun will ever be able to make it's place in battlefield
on account to till 2020 in concern
i think the current figure of 600 upgraded t-72 will furthur go to 2000
and current figure of 600 t-90 will proceed to 1500

so in this scenario by 2020 we would be having as planned
600 al-khalid I
320 t-80ud
may be 400 ak-2
and some where about 1000
al-zarar

I know this during an exercise with army there first tank was entering Lahore Cant and the last was leaving Jehlum cant. It was an operational readiness EX wanted to see if India releases its water how fast can Army move 3 divisions to lahore and for PAF it was during war how fast can they mobilize 6 fighter Sqd with all the enchiladas, Army move 3 div with all the tanks and Arty in 24 hours which was a record ofcourse they had to close the GT road at that time. PAF mobilized in 9 hours to FOBs.

I know this during an exercise with army there first tank was entering Lahore Cant and the last was leaving Jehlum cant. It was an operational readiness EX wanted to see if India releases its water how fast can Army move 3 divisions to lahore and for PAF it was during war how fast can they mobilize 6 fighter Sqd with all the enchiladas, Army move 3 div with all the tanks and Arty in 24 hours which was a record ofcourse they had to close the GT road at that time. PAF mobilized in 9 hours to FOBs.

just 24 hours it is so amazing sir
i am just astonish to know that

Saulat

124 Arjun will enter limited service within two years that is, if it beats T-90S in trials. It will still be inducted in the Army even if it lost to T90S. The reason is Face Saving for Indian Indigenous manufacturing capabilities. LCA, Arjun, both suffering constant delays and funding over runs and worse, they are under performing despite high expectations. I suspect they will eventually be inducted but in very small numbers only for Face Saving. There is a reason why Arjun Trials against T-90 are repeatedly DELAYED! They will never pit Arjun against The T-90M because that will be the END of Arjun Saga.

Saulat

124 Arjun will enter limited service within two years that is, if it beats T-90S in trials. It will still be inducted in the Army even if it lost to T90S. The reason is Face Saving for Indian Indigenous manufacturing capabilities. LCA, Arjun, both suffering constant delays and funding over runs and worse, they are under performing despite high expectations. I suspect they will eventually be inducted but in very small numbers only for Face Saving. There is a reason why Arjun Trials against T-90 are repeatedly DELAYED! They will never pit Arjun against The T-90M because that will be the END of Arjun Saga.
yeah even i have same thought i think both LCA and ARJUN
will never make thier way in battlefield
in either way if it will even be able to make their way to the armned forces
they will never be able to come in large number
i think LCA would hardly go above the figure of 20-30
same with arjun hardly it will cross the figure of 100-120

Back
Top Bottom