What's new

Some of the world's most elite special forces: Business Insider: Defense

and let me also tell you about Special boat services of Britain. their training regime and strict recruitment can be gauged by the fact that volunteers who don't make it through in the final stages of selection are recommended to go for SAS. they are mostly shrouded in mystery but their missions in WW2 and afterwords are a stunning read.

lists like these are not more than patriotic feel good listing with choreographed Hollywood style pictures.
I agree with you that both USA and UK special forces are the most prolific, active and have the most knowledge and experience of operation across the globe.. no other force comes closer to them.
specially including third word country forces like India and Pakistan is unrealistic

The SAS/SBS and american special forces have not fought against worthy opponents since the end of world war 2. They have mainly fought the worst militaries in the world in the Middle East and South America. Most of these so called opponents are starving, have no proper military equipment, are poorly trained and are completely lethargic. Not to mention the fact that they use overwhelming air power to completely decimate them first. Killing a few ultra poor and destitute innocents in the developing world is really pathetic and does not constitute a good fighting force. They nevertheless have the best equipment and are the most scientifically and technologically advanced militaries in the world though. I don't buy into the western military propaganda. Britain and America both have a history over the past 300 years of murdering and butchering millions of innocents in places like Africa, Red Indians in america, Aborigines in australia, Indians in the British Raj, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and other non-white developing nations. Mass muder of innocents does not equate to good soldiers but to a good killing machine.

I would say that Pakistan has some of the best fighting men in the world but I cannot ascertain that they are" completely the best". We have had a history of successfully fighting the soviet special forces in Afghanistan (1980-1988) and of fending off an enemy that is 8 times bigger than us and that has some of the best and most advanced weapons on earth. The british and americans have NEVER EVER had to fight against those odds like we have. That is a better indicator of a good special forces unit.

A more appropriate title would be "Honorable mentions before we start with the top five"

Actually; Russia is no where close to the power it possessed in the 80's - back then their 'military equipment and training' was considered unmatched. They are continuing to decline in power; Russia lost 11% of its GDP in 2009 alone and is continuing to have negative growth; although it has reached -4%.

A couple of RSF pictures with flashy equipment isnt going to change much.

Yes it actually is.

You can rank special forces by its performance, experience, past and current operations, equipment and reputation.

Do you have the original pic?

Its original pic!

The SAS/SBS and american special forces have not fought against worthy opponents since the end of world war 2. They have mainly fought the worst militaries in the world in the Middle East and South America. Most of these so called opponents are starving, have no proper military equipment, are poorly trained and are completely lethargic. Not to mention the fact that they use overwhelming air power to completely decimate them first. Killing a few ultra poor and destitute innocents in the developing world is really pathetic and does not constitute a good fighting force. They nevertheless have the best equipment and are the most scientifically and technologically advanced militaries in the world though. I don't buy into the western military propaganda. Britain and America both have a history over the past 300 years of murdering and butchering millions of innocents in places like Africa, Red Indians in america, Aborigines in australia, Indians in the British Raj, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and other non-white developing nations. Mass muder of innocents does not equate to good soldiers but to a good killing machine.

I would say that Pakistan has some of the best fighting men in the world but I cannot ascertain that they are" completely the best". We have had a history of successfully fighting the soviet special forces in Afghanistan (1980-1988) and of fending off an enemy that is 8 times bigger than us and that has some of the best and most advanced weapons on earth. The british and americans have NEVER EVER had to fight against those odds like we have. That is a better indicator of a good special forces unit.

For the record SAS took part in the Falklands war in 1982, 1991 & 2003 Iraq wars and also in the recent war in Afghanistan. US Green Berets also took part in both the Iraq wars as well as war in Afghanistan. Whereas Pakistan Army has not fought a major war since 1971. TTP have no air force either.

However, despite this if you think that Saddam Hussein forces were cowardly and Afghanistan action was against nincompoops; on the other hand Lal Masjid operation, operation in Swat & Waziristan and against Baluchi insurgents great battles. You are free to rubbish SAS & Green Berets, no sweat off my back.

Hi,

You fight the enemy that you have---.

200 white soldiers of Robert Clive captured bengal

Last edited:
For the record SAS took part in the Falklands war in 1982, 1991 & 2003 Iraq wars and also in the recent war in Afghanistan. US Green Berets also took part in both the Iraq wars as well as war in Afghanistan. Whereas Pakistan Army has not fought a major war since 1971. TTP have no air force either.

However, despite this if you think that Saddam Hussein forces were cowardly and Afghanistan action was against nincompoops; on the other hand Lal Masjid operation, operation in Swat & Waziristan and against Baluchi insurgents great battles. You are free to rubbish SAS & Green Berets, no sweat off my back.

Iraq, Afghanistan and Argentina are developing nations with severe limitations. america and england are major world nations with unlimited support and access to the world's most powerful and advanced weapons systems. The americans have a thirst for committing war crimes against poor, starving, destitute and innocent non-whites. They are pathetic.

The Iraqis were using WW2 era AAG to shot down allied fighter jets in 2003, that's how bad they are. And you think they are a credible force?????????????????

Pakistan is a develping nation without any support & very limited access to advanced weapons systems. Yet for nearly 70 years we have kept a powerful nation 8 times our size at bay and managed to score victories against the special forces of the soviet superpower between 1980-88.

Please don't spew knee jerk quotes of propaganda and myths. Look at the pure facts and ground realities & make judgements based on that.

america and britain are world military powers because they have large amounts of the most advanced weapons systems on earth and are pioneers of that NOT BECAUSE of their special forces.

Hi,

You fight the enemy that you have---.

200 white soldiers of Clive Lloyd captured bengal

????????.......Clive Lloyd the captain of the West Indies cricket team 1971-1984!!!!!!!!......should stat fighting for the Windies then.

SAS didn't live up to its standard in the Falklands war; there was little KDR gap in SAS operations. As for Iraq war and Afghanistan - technological advances did the heavy lifting. Although SAS performed well in Afghanistan.

Pakistan Army has always been involved in continuous conflicts. SSG have operated in the highest battlefield on earth and have engaged in operations as recent as 2013 in India and 2014 in Afghanistan.
xYxB7De.png

The SSG have remained heavily active throughout 1980s up to present day. I think; in their current situation - they are more experienced than any other military unit.

Actually; Russia is no where close to the power it possessed in the 80's - back then their 'military equipment and training' was considered unmatched. They are continuing to decline in power; Russia lost 11% of its GDP in 2009 alone and is continuing to have negative growth; although it has reached -4%.

A couple of RSF pictures with flashy equipment isnt going to change much.

Yes it actually is.

You can rank special forces by its performance, experience, past and current operations, equipment and reputation.

Do you have the original pic?
I guess the pic @Stealth posted is from this occasion;

image.jpeg

@MastanKhan The British didn't just have 200 whites., they had local troops and the traitor Mir Jaffar to support them... Siraj ud daulahs bad luck also played a big role... When it rained and all his powder,muskets & guns get wet... While the British got saved ... by hiding in the orchards with working weapons...

And who did they fight? Surrendering,bombed and humiliated badly trained Iraqis and Taliban in Afghanistan ? Apart from 71... SSG has also fought in Afghanistan (still are),some Kargil operations and on UN mandate .. Be it Ivory Coast or Central African Republic.

Heck I have pics of SSG guys in Liberia ..

SSG 2014;

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I
And who did they fight? Surrendering,bombed and humiliated badly trained Iraqis and Taliban in Afghanistan ?

Are we still talking about the UK? because it might be easier to list the nations the US doesn't have special forces in, rather then the ones it does:lol:.

Bosnia and Serbia and Kosovo - both as part of the US effort and that of Special Team Six, which was tasked with capturing high-risk targets, Iraq and Afghanistan, Nigeria, Syria, Grenada, Panama, Libya, Somalia... Somalia again, counter piracy. I don't know about SAS, but it seems the US get around quite a bit.

Including to Liberia.
USMC_DMR_Liberia.jpg

And CAR.
us_army_africa_ap_img.jpg

These aren't UN mandated operations.

Pakistan's SOFs are impressive as hell, but if we're talking about the US, they've done a lot more then just fight rag-tag militias, disbanded armies or tribal fighters.

I know the French have seen a lot of action in North and Central Africa and we've forces deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa (pick a nation, they've all got problems) and Syria.

And I know Russia has special forces in Syria at the moment too, and likely in Iraq as well. Some have been deployed to demine and trap the cities of al-Qaryatayn and Palmyra, Syria.

SAVX4929-1.jpg

And as force protection for VIPs, such as visiting Russian brass and "foreign" press.

SAV_0923.jpg

GRIX8426.jpg

image.jpeg
Are we still talking about the UK? because it might be easier to list the nations the US doesn't have special forces in, rather then the ones it does:lol:.

Yes man .. We were.

[m
Bosnia and Serbia and Kosovo - both as part of the US effort and that of Special Team Six, which was tasked with capturing high-risk targets, Iraq and Afghanistan, Nigeria, Syria, Grenada, Panama, Libya, Somalia... Somalia again, counter piracy. I don't know about SAS, but it seems the US get around quite a bit.

Out the above nations .. SSG has served in Afghanistan,Somalia (90s aswell as counter piracy missions - PN has had the honour to command CTF group more than twice),Nigeria (as trainers & advisors - Nigerians also train here),Sri Lanka (against LTTE - SSG also helped raised the Sri Lankan SF -- including selecting locations for their training institutes),and off course the middle east etc..

(2013);
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Including to Liberia.
USMC_DMR_Liberia.jpg

And CAR.
us_army_africa_ap_img.jpg

These aren't UN mandated operations.

Pakistan's SOFs are impressive as hell, but if we're talking about the US, they've done a lot more then just fight rag-tag militias, disbanded armies or tribal fighters.
Defiantly US SF have the best gear and much more exposure than probably any other SF in the world..

Here are probably the most recent SSG operational pics ;

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

--

Anti piracy operations (2013);
image.jpeg

--

SSG has a drop out ratio of 85-95% .. Official stats..

This is what a special force friend of mind said to me when we talked about being the best.

"You can take your "THE BEST" title and shove it up your arse"

Being in the special force, you don't want to be the best, and simply, nobody care who or which special force are better. You are a soldier, you train to perform a certain function, SF only means you have been trained more and able to perform in different variety of task, if you think you are the best because of these extra training, Then you will be complacent. That's why nobody in the Special Force care about are they the best or not. You have a job, do it. You think about your mission, you think about your job, that is the only way you can come home alive. Nothing else matter.

And for those of you who claim Talban and Iraqi insurgent are nothing but some backward country and American or British are winning the battle because of the they have better gear. I will tell you this.

I will give you all the best gear you want, and all you need to do is to get those gear and walk into a Taliban Close quarter L Shape Ambush, and if you survive your contact, come back and talk to me about gear. You know nothing about Taliban until you had tried their world famous L Shape Ambush. Let see what would you do with all these gear when you are about 25-50 meter from the Taliban and too close for Airstrike, too close of Arty strike, too close for even 81mm mortar.

Don't disrespect your enemy, otherwise it would be you who are lifting out of the battlefield feet first.

Last edited:
SSG is being used everywhere in Pakistan as the main point of contact where ever trouble brews up. I wonder what the hell are other forces like regular Army, paramiltary, police etc doing.

Time taken to get in Zarrar ATU cost a lot of lives of children in 2014 school massacre. If CQB /Hostage rescue and other anti-terror specialized ops are such rocket science then Pakistan can send its million troops home and employ SSG on streets and every task, which it actually does.This stretches SSG thin, keeps it troops over worked and over burdened and makes all the other forces dependant on SSG for all operations.

The Presidents Body Guard Regiment should also be from SSG not from Armour, after all a dedicated company of SSG/SSGN/SSW has duty to protect VIP's. Come to think of it, every paramilitary force and police force has its commando Type unit also; Rangers have own R-AT wing, FC has own special ops wing, Police have SSU and Elite force etc, but whenever a situation comes up, the leadership will start looking for Zarrar ATU,SSG. Probably an operative trained by SSG should be 85% capable of his instructor provided training is consistent in daily routine after the operative graduates and all the equipment and other gadgets have been properly provided and are in use.
SSG has also been trained by foreign operators (GreenBeret/SAS). In the past decade SSG has conducted operations and shared intel with CIA/SF etc. Even if SSG was trained on these lines, does Pakistan have the resources to employ as much transport helos/C-130 as the operations demand however the equipment(weapons/comms/sensors/medical) has been updated tremendously.

I am not sure if deploying SSG has an effect on the morale of the terrorists also. If TTP knows that SSG is involved, does it surrender or runaway? PA Regular Forces used to have devastating effect on the insurgents because the insurgents knew that Army soldiers cant be bought unlike Police and will kill them on first chance without negotiation. The Martial law duties have brought good results from deploying PA in problematic areas.

SSG took part in many ops but has been successful in few only, the recent ones have brought good results, but the recent ones have been Anti-terror ops only. The unsuccessful ones have been mostly against India, inside India and this is the area that SSG needs to concentrate on and improve.

In a war, its expected from SSG to infiltrate enemy camps, airfields, HQ's and creating havoc by destroying fuel depots, harassing supply convoys, assassinating and kidnapping key high military figures, taking out crucial bridges, damaging enemy equipment like tanks/APC/SAM's, raiding enemy HQ's, sabotaging enemy facilities like weapon factories/aircraft factories.

In peace time, SSG is expected to be busy in covert operations inside enemy territory along with help of ISI sending all intel of movement and plans of enemy, to assist in local uprising of unhappy population against the enemy, harassing convoys which are sent on border for military stand-offs etc. I think gone are the days when Kashmir uprising was sky rocketing and IA and other Indian Para-Military forces were facing a hard time of 90's.

I hope GOP wakes up and acknowledges the fact that R-AT, SSU, Elite Force cannot be sent inside enemy territory in case of war and the focus of SSG should be on the area of operations where it has not fared well before.

SSG is being used everywhere in Pakistan as the main point of contact where ever trouble brews up. I wonder what the hell are other forces like regular Army, paramiltary, police etc doing.

Time taken to get in Zarrar ATU cost a lot of lives of children in 2014 school massacre. If CQB /Hostage rescue and other anti-terror specialized ops are such rocket science then Pakistan can send its million troops home and employ SSG on streets and every task, which it actually does.This stretches SSG thin, keeps it troops over worked and over burdened and makes all the other forces dependant on SSG for all operations.

The Presidents Body Guard Regiment should also be from SSG not from Armour, after all a dedicated company of SSG/SSGN/SSW has duty to protect VIP's. Come to think of it, every paramilitary force and police force has its commando Type unit also; Rangers have own R-AT wing, FC has own special ops wing, Police have SSU and Elite force etc, but whenever a situation comes up, the leadership will start looking for Zarrar ATU,SSG. Probably an operative trained by SSG should be 85% capable of his instructor provided training is consistent in daily routine after the operative graduates and all the equipment and other gadgets have been properly provided and are in use.
SSG has also been trained by foreign operators (GreenBeret/SAS). In the past decade SSG has conducted operations and shared intel with CIA/SF etc. Even if SSG was trained on these lines, does Pakistan have the resources to employ as much transport helos/C-130 as the operations demand however the equipment(weapons/comms/sensors/medical) has been updated tremendously.

I am not sure if deploying SSG has an effect on the morale of the terrorists also. If TTP knows that SSG is involved, does it surrender or runaway? PA Regular Forces used to have devastating effect on the insurgents because the insurgents knew that Army soldiers cant be bought unlike Police and will kill them on first chance without negotiation. The Martial law duties have brought good results from deploying PA in problematic areas.

SSG took part in many ops but has been successful in few only, the recent ones have brought good results, but the recent ones have been Anti-terror ops only. The unsuccessful ones have been mostly against India, inside India and this is the area that SSG needs to concentrate on and improve.

In a war, its expected from SSG to infiltrate enemy camps, airfields, HQ's and creating havoc by destroying fuel depots, harassing supply convoys, assassinating and kidnapping key high military figures, taking out crucial bridges, damaging enemy equipment like tanks/APC/SAM's, raiding enemy HQ's, sabotaging enemy facilities like weapon factories/aircraft factories.

In peace time, SSG is expected to be busy in covert operations inside enemy territory along with help of ISI sending all intel of movement and plans of enemy, to assist in local uprising of unhappy population against the enemy, harassing convoys which are sent on border for military stand-offs etc. I think gone are the days when Kashmir uprising was sky rocketing and IA and other Indian Para-Military forces were facing a hard time of 90's.

I hope GOP wakes up and acknowledges the fact that R-AT, SSU, Elite Force cannot be sent inside enemy territory in case of war and the focus of SSG should be on the area of operations where it has not fared well before.

Hi,

Regarding the school massacre---in the U S---the policy has changed---the police officer will not wait for the back up guys---they will go in as fast as they come and try to confront the threat.

They have learnt---if you wait---the terrs will kill more children / students.

Hi,

Regarding the school massacre---in the U S---the policy has changed---the police officer will not wait for the back up guys---they will go in as fast as they come and try to confront the threat.

They have learnt---if you wait---the terrs will kill more children / students.

That is exactly what happened that day..

When the shooting started .. The first to go in were few 1-2 soldiers who rushed in .. Tried to control the situation .. I believe one was shot.. Than QRD arrived and SSG were airborne within 15 mins from Tarbella base (according to the SSG officer who lead the operation)... They weren't briefed and prepared the mission aboard the chopper..

And it's due to them that a thousand kids were saved .. And due to the sacrifice of the first few troops who rushed in after shots were fired.

Fake no SAS it's proof some stupid made it come on sense should prevail rather than we read low grade stpids

Back
Top Bottom