What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont make this into religious thing, not only conservatives went to the streets last night but everybody be it secular, conservative, left, right.

:tup: Good to know. All are welcome for good cause.

People are developing laser weapons, exploring the space, breaking the laws of physics, educating themselves, develop technologies and you talk to us about holding swords in our hands like we are in the 12th century... We are not in the Middle ages, bruh so please, don't insert our sacred flag next to this bunch of bullshits about progressing with a Quran and sword in our hands. Turkey is secular and it will remain secular!

You didn't comprehend the core message of my post. You won't get it. :coffee:

I am in Istanbul Turkiye at the moment......i was supposed to fly out yesterday. I witnessed and heard lots of firing --some very heavy. But situation is cooled down now. an F-16 commandeered by one of the participants was doing sonic booms yesterday near the MIT (intelligence) directorate in Ankara

Turks are a resilient people. Interesting times ahead. Erdogan should be careful not to "purge" his armed forces. It's interesting how he criticizes facebook and social media but he used these platforms to swiftly reach out to his support base - they went to the streets in huge numbers. He clearly does have strong grass-roots level support, but is also a divisive figure. At any rate I have strong love for Turkiye and the great Turkish people.

HER ZAMAN SIZINLEYIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, now that this coup is really fizzling out, a couple of questions:
1) The previous coup attempt (kind of soft coup) called Ergenekon must have some truth in it? I mean, for years Erdogan was portrayed as a witch-hunting, paranoid fanatic because of the Ergenekon trials.
2) The initial reaction of America was to ask for stability and peace--and not condemn the coup outright. It was only when it became clear that the coup was failing then solidarity with Erdogan was announced. The way Erdogan (and China, Putin, Iran, Pakistan...) is/are daily butchered in American Congress and media leaves a distinct impression that 'regime changes' would be most welcome in these places?

What a stupid attempt, they're only a minor group within the army and have nothing to do with the command chain.
Nor does the people support them, 81 provinces all still protest.
If really needed the army could've wiped them, but its nice they all came to surface so we could do major cleansing .

It's interesting how he criticizes facebook and social media but he used these platforms to swiftly reach out to his support base

He critisizes social media because of use for evil acts.. Thats the problem..

I am in Istanbul Turkiye at the moment......i was supposed to fly out yesterday. I witnessed and heard lots of firing --some very heavy. But situation is cooled down now. an F-16 commandeered by one of the participants was doing sonic booms yesterday near the MIT (intelligence) directorate in Ankara

Turks are a resilient people. Interesting times ahead. Erdogan should be careful not to "purge" his armed forces. It's interesting how he criticizes facebook and social media but he used these platforms to swiftly reach out to his support base - they went to the streets in huge numbers. He clearly does have strong grass-roots level support, but is also a divisive figure. At any rate I have strong love for Turkiye and the great Turkish people.

HER ZAMAN SIZINLEYIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two main reasons triggered this coup

1. Turkey adopting independent foreign policy regarding Russia which is unacceptable to West specially America
2. Turkey willing to talk to Assad and concentrate on Daesh instead... which is unacceptable to Saudis.

So, now that this coup is really fizzling out, a couple of questions:
1) The previous coup attempt (kind of soft coup) called Ergenekon must have some truth in it? I mean, for years Erdogan was portrayed as a witch-hunting, paranoid fanatic because of the Ergenekon trials.
2) The initial reaction of America was to ask for stability and peace--and not condemn the coup outright. It was only when it became clear that the coup was failing then solidarity with Erdogan was announced. The way Erdogan (and China, Putin, Iran, Pakistan...) is/are daily butchered in American Congress and media leaves a distinct impression that 'regime changes' would be most welcome in these places?
Of course theres truth in Ergenekon, they were convicting people of previous coupes.

two main reasons triggered this coup

1. Turkey adopting independent foreign policy regarding Russia which is unacceptable to West specially America
2. Turkey willing to talk to Assad and concentrate on Daesh instead... which is unacceptable to Saudis.
True, whatever happens to Turkey is mostly because it isnt anyones pupit anymore, behaves independently.

Last edited:
More and more talk of this being an Erdogan-orchestrated 'coup' in order to seize power.

Not so dissimilar to when Putin was suspected to have masterminded the bombings of buildings in Moscow which allowed him to then invade Chechnya.

It seems there might be some legs to this story because surely if anyone was organising a genuine coup, they would have had more soldiers involved and actually gone straight for Erdogan to apprehend him, instead of spending time pointlessly bombing the entrance to the parliament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom