What's new

So what exactly is the Article 370 and why is it so important to Jammu and Kashmir?

The article is relevant but like all things it too must change with time.

The Indian constitution has been amended almost 98 times since 1950. This article too needs review. Look at the other states that acceded to India :

The Instruments of Accession needed the states to only cede defence, communications and foreign relations to India. Democratic institutions were introduced in these states and it was only in 1949 that they were fully merged with India to form new states.

Although in 1947 the royal families had been allowed to retain large sums of money as their Privy Purse, in 1949 with the states and its revenues being entirely taken over by the Government of India, it was the Indian Government that provided the rulers and their families with Privy Purses that were determined by several factors such as revenue of the state, gun salute enjoyed, antiquity of the dynasty and so on.

This was abolished by the 26th amendment to the constitution.

If such amendments can apply to 525 + states, why can 370 also not be amended to be in tune with realities of the day ?

Enough money and men has been sacrificed. Time has come to change the demography and confine the Kashmir problem to some paragraph in history.

This is what China is doing in Tibet and Israel in Gaza and Pakistan in Occupied parts of Kashmir.

Exactly these idiots who don't get this better get in line or hop on the next flight out of India.

Hi question was

..well then the answer is clearly NO. and if you don't know that , its time you go educate yourself first instead of running around with your attitude.

And please stop taking the cheap jibes at a particular religion...thats doesnt make YOUR RELIGION a better one. period.

BTW, on your post : Northern and cntral India was completely under Muslim rule only from a particular period of time..NOT ALWAYS.
The timr period is not the point mate. Its about that stupid claim of forcefull conversion.
Whole Latin And North America are christian. Was that forcefull conversion?
what about Budism in china Burma and Srilanka?
And what Indians were Hindus from the beginning of time?
And qhat about sikhs of punjab? was that forcefull conversion as well?
What rubbish psycopath are these people accusing only muslims as forcefull converts? my forefathers wre Hindus as well. And i can trace bace my Great Great grandfather wo converted on the hand of a Muslim saint.
Some people are just struck by Inferiority complex. and they have no cure. That was the point. And Hindus and Muslims were never hostile to each other.
In 1947 A Hindu Saved my Maternal Grandfather's life from Sikh invaders and Helped him escape to Pakistan from Amritsar. And i ough that unknown savior my grandfather's life.
These hate filled uneducated Religious zeolots are just mindless trolls

Back
Top Bottom