What's new

So what exactly is the Article 370 and why is it so important to Jammu and Kashmir?

micky

Reaction score
Country
India
#According to the Constitution of India, Article 370 provides temporary provisions to the state of Jammu and Kashmir, granting it special autonomy.

#The article says that the provisions of Article 238, which was omitted from the Constitution in 1956 when Indian states were reorganised, shall not apply to the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

#Dr BR Ambedkar, the principal drafter of the Indian Constitution, had refused to draft Article 370.

#In 1949, the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had directed Kashmiri leader Sheikh Abdullah to consult Ambedkar (then law minister) to prepare the draft of a suitable article to be included in the Constitution.

#Except for defence, foreign affairs, finance and communication, all other laws passed by Indian Parliament need to be okayed by the state government before they are made applicable. This was specified in the Instrument of Accession signed by Maharaja Hari Singh when he agreed to join the Union of India in 1947, instead of going with Pakistan.

#As a result of this, the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir are governed by state-specific laws which come under the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir, instead of those for the rest of India, especially where citizenship, ownership of property and some fundamental rights are concerned.

#This article, along with Article 5 that defines the contours of jurisdiction of Indian Parliament regarding lawmaking for the state, cannot be amended.

#The 1952 Delhi Agreement also specified that the state should have its own flag in addition to the Union flag and they should have the same status.

#This arrangement was further ratified by the 1974 agreement between the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and the then J&K Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah (appointed by Hari Singh).

#It was agreed that head of state called Sadar-i-Riyasat (or the Prime Minister) was to be elected by the state legislature.

#The agreement opposed imposition of Article 352, empowering the President to proclaim general emergency in the state

#The state legislature has a six-year term, unlike other elected bodies, which have a five-year period, including our Parliament.

In a nutshell

#The Indian Supreme Court has no jurisdiction in J&K.

#Disrespecting the Tricolour and other national symbols is not a crime in the state.

#J&K residents enjoy dual citizenship. They will lose their J&K citizenship if they marry residents of other states.

#A Pakistani resident gains J&K citizenship if he marries a J&K citizen.

#RTE, RTI, CAG and majority of Indian laws are not applicable in the state.

#Because of Article 370, no outsider (anyone who is not a native Kashmiri) can purchase land in J&K. (Text: Mail Today)

This is what the mullahs have been having it easy. I think it is time to abrogate it with force.

Abdullahs should be tried for treason and thrown out.

Unbeleiveable!

THANK YOU @micky

In a nutshell

#The Indian Supreme Court has no jurisdiction in J&K.

#Disrespecting the Tricolour and other national symbols is not a crime in the state.

#J&K residents enjoy dual citizenship. They will lose their J&K citizenship if they marry residents of other states.

#A Pakistani resident gains J&K citizenship if he marries a J&K citizen.

#RTE, RTI, CAG and majority of Indian laws are not applicable in the state.

#Because of Article 370, no outsider (anyone who is not a native Kashmiri) can purchase land in J&K. (Text: Mail Today)

This is article is completley in favor of Pakistan over INDIA. Thank you CONGRESS for your corruption and incompetence. Its no wonder Ambedkar did not want to craft this into the INDIAN constitution.

Spread this like fire thus all social media platforms.....let the INDIAN PPL decide if it is fair for INDIA and if its good for INDIA. So, we make discriminate against Indians, allow Pakistani's to gain citizenship, allow Kashmiris to invest all over India without allowing Indians to invest in Kashmir.

i knew Congress was f-ked up, but this is beyond stupidity. Abdullah and his family should be hung and quartered. At the very least, he should be kicked out and stripped of his identity.

This is what the mullahs have been having it easy. I think it is time to abrogate it with force.

Abdullahs should be tried for treason and thrown out.

FORCE IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD. If sri lanka can do it, then we must do it also to correct the wrongs and past mistakes of CONGRESS.

@ Tshering. Its incredibel to see how the media avoid these major points when discussing this national security issue. Then Kashmir has the nerve to complain about AFSPA, when they have such loopholes exsiting. We all need to expose this dirt, because Congress has been hiding it for a long time. And Im pretty sure, they have certain media in their payroll that's why such info never comes out and if it does, its completely one sided.

I am enjoying Every Bit of MOODI in power of India. All those fundamentalists jumping up and down.
You never get it do you. This is not the way to rule a 1000+ million country. Kashmir was never your Birth right. Yeah so much for peace loving hinduvta calling for Might is right.
Kashmir is a sensitive issue.Pakistani Kashmir have even more freedom. They have there own Army and National Assembly and Prime Minister. They have Independent Elections and MNAs. They are free from Power cut policies from National power grid and are provided with non stop Power. Thats why there are no riots there in Azad Kashmir unlike your Kashmir where half of Indian Army is deployed.
Go slow. Treat them Well. Indian Governments of past have always kept soft policies in kashmir thats the only reason you have some kind of support there.
Start Using force and see what will happen.
This Hindu Nationalism will destroy india. It will eat away its secular foundations.
But Mr Modi is a grass root level politician i hope he is smarter then these hot head hindu Nationalists of PDF. :rolleyes:

I am enjoying Every Bit of MOODI in power of India. All those fundamentalists jumping up and down.
You never get it do you. This is not the way to rule a 1000+ million country. Kashmir was never your Birth right. Yeah so much for peace loving hinduvta calling for Might is right.
Kashmir is a sensitive issue.Pakistani Kashmir have even more freedom. They have there own Army and National Assembly and Prime Minister. They have Independent Elections and MNAs. They are free from Power cut policies from National power grid and are provided with non stop Power. Thats why there are no riots there in Azad Kashmir unlike your Kashmir where half of Indian Army is deployed.
Go slow. Treat them Well. Indian Governments of past have always kept soft policies in kashmir thats the only reason you have some kind of support there.
Start Using force and see what will happen.
This Hindu Nationalism will destroy india. It will eat away its secular foundations.
But Mr Modi is a grass root level politician i hope he is smarter then these hot head hindu Nationalists of PDF. :rolleyes:

No way in hell. There is no such thing as Kashmir anymore. It's been divided up among 3 different countries. Kashmir was always a part of India and it will always be. Maybe we should convert by force the same way islamic hordes did centuries ago. In fact, it was the only way they could change the make up of the region ......BY FORCE!

Seeing Modi in action is great. No more BS soft policies. Sure it helps to just prolong the inevitable. Abdullah treats the place as his own backyard. Sorry but after readin those points and how a PAKSTANI can gain citizenship but not an INDIAN....that reveals treachery. How can that be justified?

No way in hell. There is no such thing as Kashmir anymore. It's been divided up among 3 different countries. Kashmir was always a part of India and it will always be. Maybe we should convert by force the same way islamic hordes did centuries ago. In fact, it was the only way they could change the make up of the region ......BY FORCE!

Seeing Modi in action is great. No more BS soft policies. Sure it helps to just prolong the inevitable. Abdullah treats the place as his own backyard. Sorry but after readin those points and how a PAKSTANI can gain citizenship but not an INDIAN....that reveals treachery. How can that be justified?

Muslim Hordes Converting by force? yeah right, 80% of NON MUSLIM Population of india And The Largest Muslim country In the world Indonesia was never invaded by any Muslim Army is a living proof of your theory.
Any Proof of your Claim or just random Indian Brain Fart? ;)
and believe me i am even more happy for MOODY coming to power in India. So much for the Secular Democracy :rolleyes:
And believe whatever makes you happy. i have no problem with it. Cheers. Achey din Aa gaey :cool:

Do it by force, let the world know that we are under a strong govt and are not afraid to take bold steps. If pakistan objects, dont give a damn and move on.

Muslim Hordes Converting by force? yeah right, 80% of NON MUSLIM Population of india And The Largest Muslim country In the world Indonesia was never invaded by any Muslim Army is a living proof of your theory.
Any Proof of your Claim or just random Indian Brain Fart? ;)
and believe me i am even more happy for MOODY coming to power in India. So much for the Secular Democracy :rolleyes:
And believe whatever makes you happy. i have no problem with it. Cheers. Achey din Aa gaey :cool:

Right Kashmir was Muslim the entire time? India was never fully conquered by Muslims...thats why they couldnt convert the entire Land.

Right Kashmir was Muslim the entire time? India was never fully conquered by Muslims...thats why they couldnt convert the entire Land.
Dumbo go read history. Northern and Central India was completely under Muslim Rule. And If people opt to choose a religion because it seems more logical then Sun, moon or Stone worship then dont burn your back. You cannot convert any one by force permanently.
As i said Brain Farts have no cure. cheers :rolleyes:

And dumb indians dont know that under this article only Citizen of Azad Kashmir have right to take citizenship of Indian kashmir not other Pakistanis, Yes a person of AJK Nationality. they have seperate NIC and domicile.
No serious person here. All Ultra Nationalist Blinders Firing in air.

I request some senior Indian Member please shed light on this and clear your brethren about there burning over citizenship issue

I personally blame Ambedkar for a lot of reasons.This is one for which I praise him.

It is time that Kashmir is integrated fully with rest of India.

Dumbo go read history. Northern and Central India was completely under Muslim Rule. And If people opt to choose a religion because it seems more logical then Sun, moon or Stone worship then dont burn your back. You cannot convert any one by force permanently.

Sure at various times parts of Northern India and Central India were under Muslim rule. Not all the time. Go look at a timeline. Dumbo go read some history, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Back then, the mere touching of cow blood and eating of beef made you a NON HINDU if you were a hindu. No matter how much you wanted to remain Hindu, you could not. The Hindu population was massive, if Muslims leaders tried to forcefully convert ppl at once, that would unite all Hindus and spell the demise of Islam in India. They had to play it smart. Slowly, divide and conquer.

And dumb indians dont know that under this article only Citizen of Azad Kashmir have right to take citizenship of Indian kashmir not other Pakistanis, Yes a person of AJK Nationality. they have seperate NIC and domicile.
No serious person here. All Ultra Nationalist Blinders Firing in air.

I request some senior Indian Member please shed light on this and clear your brethren about there burning over citizenship issue

What's to say that citizens of Azad are really Kashmiris? Pakistan has been pumping non Kashmiris in to the region marrying Kashmiri women. It's a tactic done on purpose. You can speak all you want....Kashmir is going to become a part of India. Run now and go play

Sure at various times parts of Northern India and Central India were under Muslim rule. Not all the time. Go look at a timeline. Dumbo go read some history, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Back then, the mere touching of cow blood and eating of beef made you a NON HINDU if you were a hindu. No matter how much you wanted to remain Hindu, you could not. The Hindu population was massive, if Muslims leaders tried to forcefully convert ppl at once, that would unite all Hindus and spell the demise of Islam in India. They had to play it smart. Slowly, divide and conquer.

What's to say that citizens of Azad are really Kashmiris? Pakistan has been pumping non Kashmiris in to the region marrying Kashmiri women. It's a tactic done on purpose. You can speak all you want....Kashmir is going to become a part of India. Run now and go play
O bloody mother of Trolls. I cant believe what shit head have i been wasting time upon. Go Sleep baby stop trolling the thread plz.
Nuttjob

Hi question was

..well then the answer is clearly NO. and if you don't know that , its time you go educate yourself first instead of running around with your attitude.

And please stop taking the cheap jibes at a particular religion...thats doesnt make YOUR RELIGION a better one. period.

BTW, on your post : Northern and cntral India was completely under Muslim rule only from a particular period of time..NOT ALWAYS.

Back
Top Bottom