What's new

Sindh can turnaround Pakistan's fortunes, thus solving it's problems in the process

There's a stereotype around Sindhis here.. they're very stingy, like the juice. X-wanis,Y-lanis

at least the Hindu ones
Some of my best friends have been Sindhis. But they are all working professionals, not businessmen. Not stingy at all. In fact they like the good life. That is one of the reasons I get along with them - boozing and eating unapologetically.

Some of my best friends have been Sindhis. But they are all working professionals, not businessmen. Not stingy at all. In fact they like the good life. That is one of the reasons I get along with them - boozing and eating unapologetically.
Yeah, true.. we don't all fall into little stereotype boxes.

This forum is full of friendly good Pakistanis who aren't terrorists, for example.

and beef eating brahmins like me and Paitoo.. there's others I'm sure too... lol

Yeah, true.. we don't all fall into little stereotype boxes.
Interestingly, most of my Sindhi friends had businessman dads. Perhaps the first generations of migrants who had no option but to start some kind of business of their own. I didn't like any of them. Their conversations always revolved around money. They had contempt for anyone who wasn't good at making money.

Interestingly, most of my Sindhi friends had businessman dads. Perhaps the first generations of migrants who had no option but to start some kind of business of their own. I didn't like any of them. Their conversations always revolved around money. They had contempt for anyone who wasn't good at making money.
Where are you from? Punjab, Haryana or Rajasthan?

Karachi/Sindh was their "stronghold" .. a lot of them lost a LOT of money during/after partition.. some lost it all.. imagine that.. spl being sindhi.

neem + karela without the health benifits

bhot bura hua un becharon k saath :P

Karachi/Sindh was their "stronghold" .. a lot of them lost a LOT of money during/after partition.. some lost it all.. imagine that.. spl being sindhi.

Yeah it was bad. A gritty community they are. They established themselves here quickly. Lots of educational institutions too. They are quite similar to Delhi Punjabis temperamentally

Yeah it was bad. A gritty community they are. They established themselves here quickly. Lots of educational institutions too. They are quite similar to Delhi Punjabis temperamentally
The ones who migrated to India were upper caste Sindhis. Few still there.

The ones who were too poor to migrate were low caste Sindhis. They are faced the worst kind of persecution. And Upper caste Sindhis & Indian government does not care about these dalit Sindhis.

So I don't feel sorry these Advani's, jethmalanis, hirachandanis and mulchandanis.

Some Dilli punjabis, that lot is very brash for the most part lol

The ones who migrated to India were upper caste Sindhis. Few still there.

The ones who were too poor to migrate were low caste Sindhis. They are faced the worst kind of persecution. And Upper caste Sindhis & Indian government does not care about these dalit Sindhis.

So I don't feel sorry these Advani's, jethmalanis, hirachandanis and mulchandanis.
nobody cares about dalits apart from tableeghis and missionaries because they fertile ground for "dharm parivartan"

The ones who migrated to India were upper caste Sindhis.
True

Lower caste Sindhis are more like the banjaras in Rajasthan. I doubt the upper caste Sindhis even consider them one of their own

It's not about feeling sorry. The Sindhis I know, their families all started from scratch when they came to India and I admire their hard work. Then there are Sindhis who have been in the commercial centres of India much before partition. They are not affected by all this, except that they may have helped some of their relatives. Even that is a good thing. People don't want to help their own brother these days.

Some Dilli punjabis, that lot is very brash for the most part lol
Yeah, similar not to those Lajpat Nagar sub-woofer types, but the lala ji types.

nobody cares about dalits apart from tableeghis and missionaries because they fertile ground for "dharm parivartan"
But Sanksari Brahmans like you use them as canon fodders in your battles versus the Muslims.

images (62).jpeg

Sindhi culture promotes anything but stinginess, literally the chilliest culture in Pakistan- a bit too chill for my liking, open hearted, friendly, hospitable like all other Pakistanis
Just because someone's rich people assume they're stingy, probably that's the case with Indian Sindhi Hindus
We have these stereotypes too but with certain clans not ethnicities

Sindhi culture promotes anything but stinginess, literally the chilliest culture in Pakistan- a bit too chill for my liking, open hearted, friendly, hospitable like all other Pakistanis
Just because someone's rich people assume they're stingy, probably that's the case with Indian Sindhi Hindus
We have these stereotypes but with certain clans not ethnicities
Indian Sindhis get clubbed with other business communities like the Gujaratis, Jains, Marwaris, Aggarwals but they are different from them. It is Bollywood that has homogenised them. For starters, most Sindhis are non vegetarians. They are more at home in a multi ethnic cosmopolitan setting. For those who lost everything during partition, it is natural that they are careful with money and I don't grudge them that.

Stingy has multiple connotations. It can mean kanjoos (someone who doesn't spend even on himself). Or it can mean exploitative, trying to extract maximum juice from workers, debtors etc. I find Maharashtrians and South Indians more kanjoos than the business communities. But they are also less exploitative and tend to respect rights of the weak. A baniya will tell his worker - "I will pay you 1.5x the wages if you work 2x the hours". A Maharashtrian business owner will say - "I will not pay you more. Go take a siesta and return in the evening for work"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom