What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
Good for you.

So long as you say, out of your own mouth, you are a Muslim and that is your only identity. That relieves you of any obligation to interfere in other things. Like script for Bengali. Your languages are Arabic, Urdu, Persian. Stick to them and have fun. Don't interfere with my language and my culture.

This is my point exactly. I want nothing to do with you or your country. I like to see Muslim Bangladesh (former East Pakistan) dumped, discard, throw out all the things that relate to Hindu or India. So that we can have people like you out of our business.

Farsi is a Shia language, BD is Sunni. Urdu is basically a Hindu language, I suggest Arabic, that's the ultimate Islamic language right from the birthplace of prophet pbuh.

These languages are part of our greater heritage. I am not against Bangla (spoken ) rather I would like to replace the script. I am against the script and Hindu literature.

This is my point exactly. I want nothing to do with you or your country. I like to see Muslim Bangladesh (former East Pakistan) dumped, discard, throw out all the things that relate to Hindu or India. So that we can have people like you out of our business.

These languages are part of our greater heritage. I am not against Bangla (spoken ) rather I would like to replace the script. I am against the script and Hindu literature.

Changing script won't make any difference to the objections you have...everything will remain just Bengali, it's easy to copy those Hindu literature from Bengali scripture to any other scripture, any class-8 pass can do that..and it will get copied, but it is very difficult to translate those Hindu literature to a different language altogether, you need experts with sound knowledge of both the languages as well as good understanding of literature, it's tough to find, and those Hindu literature will die for good in Bangladesh within a generation. Give it a deeper thought and you will understand. If you put a jacket on a papaya then it doesn't become a jackfruit...you need to discard the papaya altogether and go for the jackfruit.

I am cool with having Bangla as national language as its widely known.
I am just not cool with term Bengali.It's like calling American(USA) people English just because they made it standard.
I hate to be called Bengali,and hate even more these Bengali nationalist SOBs who's trying to import cultures from Kolkata.
They are forgetting what separated us from India and what caused all the bloodshed.

For script,I prefer English BTW.

Ajke gosto tukaite gia tor pachai ki kono Bangali lathi marchilo, je ehane aisa bangalider upor rag jhartachos?

Ajke gosto tukaite gia tor pachai ki kono Bangali lathi marchilo, je ehane aisa bangalider upor rag jhartachos?
Bongbang just met the Pakistani army apologists I had been talking about. Many of them have migrated to UK/US. Some are still in BD, who couldn't make it.

bhai bangali bolis na Bangladeshidr bol, esob chele pule gulo toder e maal jadr nijer bangla bhasa niye gorbo nei

bhai bangali bolis na Bangladeshidr bol, esob chele pule gulo toder e maal jadr nijer bangla bhasa niye gorbo nei

Eta upgrade mal. Bangladeshi bolle or problem nei. Bangla niei or joto chulkani. Are baba Bangla ar Bangladeshi oi ek e kotha. Mudrar epith opith, ta niei eder joto tena pechano. Ache kisu upojati jara jibone kichu korte pareni ekhon onner orjon ke choto korte chai. Ora nijeo confused ekhon amader o confused korte chai. Jottoshob. Jegulo Pakistan er supporter oder amar kisui bolar nei.

Eta upgrade mal. Bangladeshi bolle or problem nei. Bangla niei or joto chulkani. Are baba Bangla ar Bangladeshi oi ek e kotha. Mudrar epith opith, ta niei eder joto tena pechano. Ache kisu upojati jara jibone kichu korte pareni ekhon onner orjon ke choto korte chai. Ora nijeo confused ekhon amader o confused korte chai. Jottoshob. Jegulo Pakistan er supporter oder amar kisui bolar nei.
haha i agree with you al baal chele egulo, jai hok bhalo laglo kotha bole apnar sathe dada, jodio ami recently here jewate east bengal der sojjo krte parchi na :P

I am cool with having Bangla as national language as its widely known.
I am just not cool with term Bengali.It's like calling American(USA) people English just because they made it standard.
I hate to be called Bengali,and hate even more these Bengali nationalist SOBs who's trying to import cultures from Kolkata.
They are forgetting what separated us from India and what caused all the bloodshed.

For script,I prefer English BTW.
What is this nonsense? How is can you even use that as a good comparison? You can call American's who have English heritage English, but you can't call Americans who have Irish heritage English even if they speak English. Your heritage is Bengali, so you are Bengali, that's final.

Dhaka and Borishal.
Unlike Rain Man, do you still visit? You seem to identify with our country more culturally rather than politically.

Uh, this is the thread where I was making elaborate plans with patriotic jamatis to replace Bengali from Bangladesh with something more Islamic. :D

Amar babar family originally Itna theke, pore Borishale settle korechilo, Mayer family Khulna theke...ekhon ar kichui nei..!
Looks like your plan is a failure :p
Sorry buddy.

What is this nonsense? How is can you even use that as a good comparison? You can call American's who have English heritage English, but you can't call Americans who have Irish heritage English even if they speak English. Your heritage is Bengali, so you are Bengali, that's final.

Unlike Rain Man, do you still visit? You seem to identify with our country more culturally rather than politically.

Looks like your plan is a failure :p
Sorry buddy.

Of course! I have been in Dhaka several times since 2004.

Perhaps you are right in saying that I identify more with B'desh culturally, but I am curious to know why you think I differ politically. To the extent that Bangladesh has interests which are different from India, certainly; on matters like the Teesta waters, or on the consolidation of Chhit enclaves, I don't see much difference. If you could elaborate on that point you made, I would read it with great interest.

Of course! I have been in Dhaka several times since 2004.

Perhaps you are right in saying that I identify more with B'desh culturally, but I am curious to know why you think I differ politically. To the extent that Bangladesh has interests which are different from India, certainly; on matters like the Teesta waters, or on the consolidation of Chhit enclaves, I don't see much difference. If you could elaborate on that point you made, I would read it with great interest.
Well, it's not just the interests like the ones you mentioned but, I think it mostly has to do with nationality. You are an Indian but, your origins come from Bangladesh. That's what really separates you from the average Bangladeshi, the citizenship. Maybe, politically wasn't really the best term to use in this case. Regardless, in the case of political disagreement like the examples you mentioned above, I would expect you as an Indian citizen to support India's interest. However, considering your own cultural identity with Bangladesh, you seem likely to support a compromise that can work for a mutual interest for both of our countries.

Brother, It doesn't matter what you call it. Fact of the matter is that it's not ours. I mean it was not devoloped by musalman. It's a brain child of Hindu and British to replaced Farsi after the fall of Nawab Siraj ud dowlah. Do some research and you will find your answer. Every non Bangladeshi Muslim I know call it Indian or Hindu. We are preserving a script that was not meant for us. If you ask me it doesn't feel good when I look at this script. I just don't like it.

Of course I know the attempts which were successful to thwart Muslim Bengali literature and language via the collaboration of British and Hindu elite in Fort Williams College. The Rohingyas have done a good job at developing their own script called Hanifi.

My issue is these Baboos of W.Bengal deny Puthir Gan (Jalalabadi Nagri) and in general the variation of Bangla spoken in BD. I find it hard to comprehend them, some of my external family have to read the English subs to understand Star Jalsa.

Of course I know the attempts which were successful to thwart Muslim Bengali literature and language via the collaboration of British and Hindu elite in Fort Williams College. The Rohingyas have done a good job at developing their own script called Hanifi.

My issue is these Baboos of W.Bengal deny Puthir Gan (Jalalabadi Nagri) and in general the variation of Bangla spoken in BD. I find it hard to comprehend them, some of my external family have to read the English subs to understand Star Jalsa.

Excuse me?

Where did the collaboration of British and Hindu elite at Fort William College produce a script? Unless you identify the creation of a letter-press style for printing Bengali with the creation of the handwritten script on which it was based originally?

Also, I couldn't understand your second point. Are you saying that Star Jalsa cannot be understood by Bangladeshis? Is that due to pronunciation or to vocabulary?

The only language that has any relevance islamically is Arabic, no language has a degree of 'Islamic-ness' in it, whether it be Kurdish, Balochi or Urdu. But Musulmani Bangla has been shaped by the various Perso/Afghan settlements which is no doubt a part of history or there would be no such thing as a Jalalabadi Nagri or Puthir Gan and not to forget the countless contributions the people of Bengal have given to Parsi...Shah Abdul Karim, Hasan Raja, Abbas Hussaini, Daulat Kazi and literature such as Ubaidullah Ubaidi etc.

Excuse me?

Where did the collaboration of British and Hindu elite at Fort William College produce a script? Unless you identify the creation of a letter-press style for printing Bengali with the creation of the handwritten script on which it was based originally?

Also, I couldn't understand your second point. Are you saying that Star Jalsa cannot be understood by Bangladeshis? Is that due to pronunciation or to vocabulary?

Maybe I worded it wrong as I am typing on my phone, but there is no doubt that the Hindu zamindars and British tried to suppress the Bengali Muslim and all things musulman.

Excuse me?

Well I gave an anecdote to what some of my family experience, this may not be the case for all Bangladeshis. But my point is the Bengali in W.Bengal vocab is way different to what is spoken in the ilaqas of BD.

Pakistani apologists??? I can point you to many old timer mutki bahini who regret splitting from Pakistan (I am not saying splitting from Pakistan was bad) but they will tell you how they regret partaking in the war of 1971.

Pakistani apologists??? I can point you to many old timer mutki bahini who regret splitting from Pakistan (I am not saying splitting from Pakistan was bad) but they will tell you how they regret partaking in the war of 1971.
Age must be getting to them.

Back
Top Bottom