What's new

Should we go for US Avonics and redar for JF 17

My-Analogous

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As we received in F16 sensors included Northrop Grumman mechanically-scanned APG-68(V)9 radars and ITT ALQ-211(V)9 advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare suites (AIDEWS) without digital radio frequency memory. The proposed weapons package included an order for 500 Raytheon AIM-120C5 advanced medium range air to air missiles, 200 Raytheon AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinders, 500 Boeing joint direct attack munitions, 1,600 enhanced GBU-12/24 laser-guided bombs and 700 BLU-109 penetrator bombs.

Should we asked US as a ally to give us same technology with TOT for our JF 17 or any equal configuration radar along with AIDEWS or help us to build the same in next 2 to 3 years as we already give insurance for that package. :pakistan::usflag:

As we received in F16 sensors included Northrop Grumman mechanically-scanned APG-68(V)9 radars and ITT ALQ-211(V)9 advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare suites (AIDEWS) without digital radio frequency memory. The proposed weapons package included an order for 500 Raytheon AIM-120C5 advanced medium range air to air missiles, 200 Raytheon AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinders, 500 Boeing joint direct attack munitions, 1,600 enhanced GBU-12/24 laser-guided bombs and 700 BLU-109 penetrator bombs.

Should we asked US as a ally to give us same technology with TOT for our JF 17 or any equal configuration radar along with AIDEWS or help us to build the same in next 2 to 3 years as we already give insurance for that package. :pakistan::usflag:

I believe that will not be possible bcoz US will not agree with F-16 its possible because they come with strict end user agreement with J17 US will either not be able to apply that and hence the fear of technology leakage will prevent it from doing so or it will try to apply ame end user agreement on JF-17 and i dont think Pakistan wants a self produced aircraft at the mercy of US sanctions... makes absolutely no sense then for going for self reliance in the first place and developing the JF-17.

This is a tym for Pakistan to start its only Radar development without any major external help.maybe JF-17 will suffer at present with a external under performing radar but the fruits of this step will be great in the long run.... :coffee:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo then were go self relince and freedom from sanctions.

May be should go to build our own with the technical help of Northrop Grumman and other US firms. So no more end user agreement

I think investing 1-2 Billion dollars in Avionics research would go long way to develop Avionics we can use in multiple platforms

I think Pakistan should go for self reliance :coffee:

I think investing 1-2 Billion dollars in Avionics research would go long way to develop Avionics we can use in multiple platforms

I think Pakistan should go for self reliance :coffee:

Good idea ... 1-2 Billion is on the lower side with no guarantees for end result. A good option will be to develop advanced systems / research labs funded both by China and Pakistan. And not to forget a gestation period of at least a decade if you are lucky.

Just my 2 cents.
:cheers:

Good idea ... 1-2 Billion is on the lower side with no guarantees for end result. A good option will be to develop advanced systems / research labs funded both by China and Pakistan. And not to forget a gestation period of at least a decade if you are lucky.

Just my 2 cents.
:cheers:

In any case the technology has to be attained :agree:
Once our China/Pakistan hit the airs may be we can focus on joint avionics development :pop: not that we already have not started

I don't understand, why does Pakistan is so fearful of getting sanctions from US, especially when Pakistan is doing everything it can to contain insurgency at US behest around ****** region. Certainly US avionics and subsystems will truly going to up the standards of JF-17's in terms of some boosting situational awareness at the same time letting Pakistan know about both shortcomings and advantages of employing JF-17 airframe. Pakistan should seriously consider US offer and go ahead without any fear of sanctions or strings.

Definitely not. They will sanction you the moment you don't do as they say. It's the same with the French even. Go for Russian or Chinese.

hahahahah absolutly rubbish if we have to buy american avionics than why we had not buyed fighter jet instead of JF 17 from USA it is rubbish PAF went for JF 17 for china becoz cost effective than why buy expansivve stuuf for4 gen jet it is not going to happen in dreams plz use the sense how do you think that paf willl go for usa it is imposible

stupid rubbish than what about self reliance pakitsan wants some thing which usa sanctions cant stop us we have learned the lesson again why we wasted our money of billlions of dollars if we end up with usa made equipment

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

i think you are out of your mind

i request to administartor to take a strong note of this stupid and rubbish thread useless not some thing we can think of

Guys it would be wonderful, instead of starting these type of thread, post your question in PAF question answer thread.

We should issue licences to private sector for Radar and avionics manufacturing. that is the cure to our problems.

Back
Top Bottom