What's new

Should we go for US Avonics and redar for JF 17

we better have to go for Italian AESA vixen-1000e and configure it with their help to support Chinese and Pakistani made weapons.or better wait for superior Chinese avionics.
BUT FOR GOD SAKE DONT INVOLVE UNCLE SAM.

we better have to go for Italian AESA vixen-1000e and configure it with their help to support Chinese and Pakistani made weapons.or better wait for superior Chinese avionics.
BUT FOR GOD SAKE DONT INVOLVE UNCLE SAM.

Whose Uncle SAM. I heard his name few times on PDF.:what:

AMERICAN avionics will cost way more, i dont think pakistan have that kind of money to spend .

because if pakistan had enough money - they would rather go for used - F-16 from us rather than chinese jf-17.

as much i remeber - f-16 are stil lthe top fighter for pakestan. and no matter how good avionics they will try n provide it will never match f-16 even the earlier models.

Just like JAM in morning and toast is a good thing , you can use JAM with roti

US avionics are only good on US fighters and lets keep it as such , I want us to move forward with 2-3 platforms

1- Chinese (Main)
2- French (Backup Secondary)
3- US (Secondary)
4 -Italian/Sweedish/British (Secondary)

stupid rubbish than what about self reliance pakistan wants some thing which usa sanctions cant stop us we have learned the lesson again why we wasted our money of billlions of dollars if we end up with usa made equipment

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

i think you are out of your mind

You know the word strategy it came out when we discussed and by the way you accept or not US is the world leader in aeronautics and will remain till next 10 years.
if we get some knowledge (technical assistance) so what is your problem. we already know that Pakistan have some know how in avionics (Italian Grifo-MG radar etc.)

Last edited:
Thats a big NO!.
I'd rather have a JF-17 without avionics than going for the US option.
In any situationn we will get something in near future thats for sure.
Lets keep our fingers crossed and yes we need to get our private sector involved.
Although that should be a long term plan.

Thats a big NO!.
I'd rather have a JF-17 without avionics than going for the US option.
In any situationn we will get something in near future thats for sure.
Lets keep our fingers crossed and yes we need to get our private sector involved.
Although that should be a long term plan.

same feeling
yes we have to use private sector one day
than why not from today
if we keep saying one day one day then one day it will be too late
:sniper: :usflag:
:china::pakistan::china:

The best option might be co-developing new avionics / radar with an already established entity, maybe the italians for that matter. You should be able to jump the startup problems and quite seriously reduce the time to get up to speed. Plus since everyone seems to be going for French, US or Russian radars and avionics, I don't believe getting the Italians to do a ToT once development is complete would be a big problem as long as you give them some funds. So:
- You should get a potent radar system
- You wouldn't have to wait as long as for the Chinese ones to develop
- No problems of sanctions.

Uncle SAM will only fuel Russian RD 93 when JF 17 will be their dire need. Bringing in the topics, simply impossible.Uncle SAM is economic and Military Super Power in current World Raking

Whose Uncle SAM. I heard his name few times on PDF.:what:
Uncle Sam is one badass mo-fo. Over the years, no one can agree to what he really look like. His enemies usually underestimate him because so often the guy look and act like a nobody. Then when they finally pissed him off they ended up wishing they had picked their noses and on each other instead of Uncle Sam.

Back
Top Bottom