What's new

Should Pakistan Start R&D for Space Mission

While space research is wonderful , and I am upfor it however the reality is that such ambitions are there for you, if you have first solved key strategic goals for your country.

1) Education
2) Hospitals
3) Power / Water crisis

Money is better used in our case at least to develop schools and hospitals in next phase

We are doing just fine with a sattelite launched with Chinese help once in a while very cost effective

Last edited:
Don't we think Pakistan should start venture with China for some future space Mission?
No, India is just wasting millions of $$$$ in show-off technologies and not able to feed it's poor. Pakistan should restrain and concentrate on it's social welfare activities.

No, India is just wasting millions of $$$$ in show-off technologies and not able to feed it's poor. Pakistan should restrain and concentrate on it's social welfare activities.

Yeah of course, necessities first. Yet, when I said "Pakistan", it doesn't necessarily means Govt of Pakistan. We, the public is also Pakistan - the real constituent of our nation. Govt is only smaller part, but representative of whole. I such things to be the public effort, not Government.

I want pak to develop such a pslv that can carry all our corrupt politicians to Marc in one go...:lol:

UN’s first space mission will fly ‘Dream Chasers’ into orbit by 2021
Published time: 29 Sep, 2016 22:57Edited time: 30 Sep, 2016 12:04
Get short URL
57ed555fc361889f448b45b4.jpg

The UN will fly to space in a Dream Chaser spacecraft © Sierra Nevada Corporation
Space exploration
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), formed in 1962, said that they are teaming up with space transport company Sierra Nevada Corporation to launch a two-week robotic mission to low-Earth orbit in 2021.

The mission is designed to be accessible to countries that don’t have their own space program or major scientific resources, so UNOOSA will also be offering technical support to countries that want to participate.

"One of UNOOSA's core responsibilities is to promote international cooperation in the peaceful use of outer space," UNOOSA’s director Simonetta Di Pippo said.

Follow
Sierra Nevada Corp @SierraNevCorp

We're excited to be teaming up w/ @UNOOSA to launch a robotic mission to low-Earth orbit in 2021 w/ #SNCDreamChaser! http://owl.li/n76G304ETzf

8:00 PM - 28 Sep 2016

Dream Chaser Space Plane to Fly United Nations Mission in 2021
A private space plane is set to fly the United Nation's first-ever space mission five years from now.

space.com

"I am proud to say that one of the ways UNOOSA will achieve this, in cooperation with our partner Sierra Nevada Corporation, is by dedicating an entire microgravity mission to United Nations Member States, many of which do not have the infrastructure or financial backing to have a standalone space programme."

Countries opting to reach for the stars will be asked to pay a portion of the mission’s cost, but poorer nations are expected to get on board at a reduced fee. The UN said they are also seeking major sponsors to finance a large portion of the cost of the mission.

View image on Twitter
CtYH8LNUIAAQajJ.jpg:small

Follow
UNOOSA @UNOOSA

We are honoured to partner with @SierraNevCorp on the 1st ever UN space mission! Learn more here: http://www.unis.unvienna.org/unis/en/pressrels/2016/unisos474.html …

6:24 PM - 27 Sep 2016

According to Di Pippo, funding of the mission will come from multiple sources. "We will continue to work closely with SNC to define the parameters of this mission which, in turn, will provide United Nations Member States with the ability to access space in a cost-effective and collaborative manner within a few short years. The possibilities are endless."

Payloads will be selected in early 2018 to allow time for development and integration into the Dream Chaser spacecraft for launch in 2021.

At SNC our goal is to pay it forward,” Eren Ozmen, SNC’s owner and president said. “That means leveraging the creation and success of our Dream Chaser spacecraft to benefit future generations of innovators like us all around the world.”

The 30-foot-long (9 meters) Dream Chaser is a reusable, multi-mission space-plane that can carry up to seven passengers and is also a cargo-hauling craft.

It’s capable of landing at both commercial airports and spaceports meaning that it can land in any of the member states supplying a payload for the mission.

In fact by watching our progress in missile program I am pretty sure that space exploration is not something difficult to do for us.Right now our main focus is missile program,thats why our space program is facing drawbacks.The problem is we do not have enough money to carry on both the things.As per now we are rapidly making our way to a be a strong and stable economy.After that money should be not a problem.As a well known fact We are blessed with some of the brilliant brains in the world.I hope at that time our space exploration will be doing better then others.

Just because India has a good space programme doesn't mean Pakistan has to copy them. Pakistani programme must be for Pakistani needs.

Space is the ultimate destination of mankind... We must get into the game...

Back
Top Bottom