What's new

Should Pakistan Drop J-10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF only has hinted at 36 J-10. Though a small and pitiful number, future orders depend on how well it is received. We don't know if it's going to be J-10A or something else, but probably going to be J-10A. If this is the case, buying more is a better option than buying none at all. In fact I am a bit worried about PAF's tiny air force. Brass need to start looking around for more options, 200 or so Thunder, handful of J-10 and barely a squadron of Block 52 is rather sparse.

hey, bro dont you have anything else to do, i mean playing with , model aircrafts or so?

Welcome onboard...

Regarding your post the issue is that you did not give any link whatsoever and did not mention any such outside source, however dodgy it maybe...

So it is only natural that we assume this is your personal point of view...

Also, this post should have gone in the FC-20 thread and by reading that thread you may not even have posted this because already a lot of questions have been answered in that thread...

Opening a new thread should be done carefully and care should be taken to ensure that it is absolutely necessary to create a new thread...

Honest enough mistakes, just learn from them my friend...

Regarding the 5th Generation, nothing is for sale and till that is possible what is the use of PAF declaring any intent...Pakistan armed forces usually keep a tight lid on such future agreements/procurements till something concrete is on ground...

Thank you, i will be more careful when posting next time. Is there any way i can relocate this to the military aviation folder or delete this thread ?:pakistan:

Last edited:
Please go through the forum first and if you have already gone through the forum then pleas change your flag.

If this comment was meant for me then i must say that asking a military man to change his flag is the most embaressing thing you can say to him. If startegizing is a crime of treason then i deserve to be hanged. Why do you think i should change my flag ? Because i say Pakistan should buy J-12 Or J-14 instead of J-10 ? How does that qualify as treason ? :pakistan:

Last edited:
Sir it depends how you look at it. Look at it by open mind. Think by mind and not heart. Thank you.

I know Indian open mind, How Indian think by mind and not heart.

Thank you very much....we are not going to drop J-10B. We will induct more. I think this thread is baseless initiated and posted by Indian

PAF only has hinted at 36 J-10. Though a small and pitiful number, future orders depend on how well it is received. We don't know if it's going to be J-10A or something else, but probably going to be J-10A. If this is the case, buying more is a better option than buying none at all. In fact I am a bit worried about PAF's tiny air force. Brass need to start looking around for more options, 200 or so Thunder, handful of J-10 and barely a squadron of Block 52 is rather sparse.

J-10B is designed on PAF requirements. First 36 are for evaluation.......later we might buy more.

I think J-10B is equilvant and little more then F-16 Block 52.
PAF must hav 100+ J-10B by 2018.

J-10B is designed on PAF requirements. First 36 are for evaluation.......later we might buy more.

I think J-10B is equilvant and little more then F-16 Block 52.
PAF must hav 100+ J-10B by 2018.

No J-10B is not "specifically" designed for PAF... J-10B itself is a export product. PAF will basically customize this air craft to meet its needs. plus you dont order 36 thats well over billion dollars of investment on just "evaluations"... at most 2-3 are enough on leash for that purpose..

Last edited:
I am not in favor of "dropping" J-10B deal at all but also disagree of containing something close to 100 in numbers... European market specially the French will be more interested in making "MONEY" then helping out pakistan turn J-10B into a Rafale competitor or anything close to it! Honestly speaking i dough Europe will offer us any thing better then Mirage-2005 or most MK2009 compatible systems. I would prefer PAF to sacrifice FC-20 fallow on order and go for a very capable perhaps the best 4.5 generation fighter the Rafale to share the work load along with FC-20... 300 MKI 120+ fallow on order 80 thats almost 500 4.5 generation fleet vs FC-20?

There is only one argument that is worthy of discussion here.....and it is......

300 MKI 120+ fallow on order 80 thats almost 500 4.5 generation fleet vs FC-20?

I cannot believe that with MKIs in those numbers, our PAF top brass are so PASSIVE and calm.

Are they thinking of just burying their heads in the sand in an attack??

What do we really plan to put forth against those MKIs? :disagree:

There is only one argument that is worthy of discussion here.....and it is......

I cannot believe that with MKIs in those numbers, our PAF top brass are so PASSIVE and calm.

Are they thinking of just burying their heads in the sand in an attack??

What do we really plan to put forth against those MKIs? :disagree:

i am amazed at the over hype craze we have for china... every solution for pakistan is china this china that... so expect PAF to come up with a "cost effective" solution... while the top brass enjoys the luxury that us awam give them.

No J-10B is not "specifically" designed for PAF... J-10B itself is a export product. PAF will basically customize this air craft to meet its needs. plus you dont order 36 thats well over billion dollars of investment on just "evaluations"... at most 2-3 are enough on leash for that purpose..

J-10B is designed only for PAF on its requirements.......thats y its called export version......there is no other country that have offered J-10B.....Only exporter is J-10B.

Yes its good that they are evaluating J-10B. Coz so far J-10B is not in air....nither its taken in any Air force even not in PLAAF.

So, I think decision is wise.

PAF will not buy Rafeal..its too costly.....we are getting 2 J-10B in a cost of one Rafeal.....PAF looking some technology sharing from France to improve FC-20 not Rafeal.

Few years bck I heard that PAF was intrested in Eurofighter to counter Indian MRCA deal.

Let U-214 deal get finalized then ofcourse PAF will think for western jets.

Where the hell are we going to get money in case we go for Rafeal?

Where the hell are we going to get money in case we go for Rafeal?

With the "best judiciary" in place with the best Chief judge... i think pakistan should be able to get their money out from mr-10% that he owns us.. :cool:
jokes aside....
where is pakistan going to get money for FC-20 fallow on orders? all i am saying is that... drop the fallow on orders and acquire a squadron of rafale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom