Should Pakistan Drop J-10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarus

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The J-10 is a fourth generation, single engined, delta wing aircraft comparable to F-16 and Mirage but does it really matter ?
Somewhere near 2010, a prototype of India's Sukhoi/HAL FGFA will take flight.
It is a fifth generation stealth aeroplane with thrust vectoring capabilities, it is considered to be the world's most manoeuvrable aircraft, capable of pulling off seemingly impossible manoeuvres such as Pugachev's Cobra and Flat Axis Spin.
The most major disadvantage is that no Pakistani plane will be able to engage it with AMRAAM. AirDefence will not be able to target it with SAM.
Radar will not pick it up unless it fires after which it will disappear again.
The only way to engage it will be with AIM-9 Sparrows or by the use of cannon as in old fashioned dogfights but both methods require getting very close to the plane, even before covering half that distance the interceptor will be shot down, even if it manages to get close enough the FGFA will easily outmanoeuvre it.
So as to avoid a complete imbalance of air power, I think it is necessary for Pakistan to stop the J-10 deal before they are completed and in turn invest in China's J-XX project(stealth fifth generation aircraft).
What do you think ?

The J-10 is a fourth generation, single engined, delta wing aircraft comparable to F-16 and Mirage but does it really matter ?
It is a fifth generation stealth aeroplane with thrust vectoring capabilities, it is considered to be the world's most manoeuvrable aircraft, capable of pulling off seemingly impossible manoeuvres such as Pugachev's Cobra and Flat Axis Spin.
The most major disadvantage is that no Pakistani plane will be able to engage it with AMRAAM. AirDefence will not be able to target it with SAM.
The only way to engage it will be with AIM-9 Sparrows or by the use of cannon as in old fashioned dogfights but both methods require getting very close to the plane, even before covering half that distance the interceptor will be shot down, even if it manages to get close enough the FGFA will easily outmanoeuvre it.
So as to avoid a complete imbalance of air power, I think it is necessary for Pakistan to stop the J-10 deal before they are completed and in turn invest in China's J-XX project(stealth fifth generation aircraft).
What do you think ?

Your baseless dicussion is in wrong section

What do you think ?

Sir very clever thinking but why not buying J-10? i mean even america buys jet fighter which aint 5th generation. What am saying is 5th generation jet fighter being build in small amount. So to fill the gap u need good 4th or 4.5 generation jet fighter sir. J-10 well behind sukhoi-30MKI but its atleast something to defend the country. Even india going to induct LCA in large number sir. Pakistan should buy J-10 but with it also invest in J-xx. That's if pakistan can invest ofcourse. J-xx wont be a match for pak-fa and F-35 but it will be top jet fighter in PAF. so pakistan should think about J-xx. Now question is will china give J-xx to pakistan? The answer only china knows. By the sir this thread should have been in military aviation. Thank you.

Sir very clever thinking but why not buying J-10? i mean even america buys jet fighter which aint 5th generation. What am saying is 5th generation jet fighter being build in small amount. So to fill the gap u need good 4th or 4.5 generation jet fighter sir. J-10 well behind sukhoi-30MKI but its atleast something to defend the country. Even india going to induct LCA in large number sir. Pakistan should buy J-10 but with it also invest in J-xx. That's if pakistan can invest ofcourse. J-xx wont be a match for pak-fa and F-35 but it will be top jet fighter in PAF. so pakistan should think about J-xx. Now question is will china give J-xx to pakistan? The answer only china knows. By the sir this thread should have been in military aviation. Thank you.

Low quality post.

What do you think ?

I think...you should be sales manager for Sukhoi/HAL FGFA...such confidence in a product which has not been tested and proven...admirable really...:)

However, it has nothing to do with our acquisition of FC-20!

Does USAF plan to convert all squadrons to F-22 which is the only proven 5 Gen plane in market?
What do you think hampers such an obviously brilliant move...what could be better than all USAF squadrons to be F-22?

First let us make PAF a modern air force and then think about 5 Gen investment which is actually too much for us to take at this point...our contribution to Chinese Stealth Program if any will be classified...however we cannot make a monetary contribution yet...we have a lot of gaps to fill before we move in Gen 5 direction...

Gimme a break dudes, i just read this by an Indian on youtube and thought i should take a consensus on it and ask what others think.
As for the wrong section thing, that was a mistake, sorry.

I think...you should be sales manager for Sukhoi/HAL FGFA...such confidence in a product which has not been tested and proven...admirable really...:)

However, it has nothing to do with our acquisition of FC-20!

Does USAF plan to convert all squadrons to F-22 which is the only proven 5 Gen plane in market?
What do you think hampers such an obviously brilliant move...what could be better than all USAF squadrons to be F-22?

First let us make PAF a modern air force and then think about 5 Gen investment which is actually too much for us to take at this point...our contribution to Chinese Stealth Program if any will be classified...however we cannot make a monetary contribution yet...we have a lot of gaps to fill before we move in Gen 5 direction...
Thx, all i want is your view on this. It was an Indian's argument and i thought it to be worthwhile.
And as for the acquisition of J-10s, i selected that plane not because its weak or anything but because that is the latest investment by Pakistan in China's Aerospace industry.
I do not mean a complete overhaul of PAF by phasing out all aircraft in favour of 5th Gens, only some squadrons. :pakistan:

Gimme a break dudes, i just read this by an Indian on youtube and thought i should take a consensus on it and ask what others think.
As for the wrong section thing, that was a mistake, sorry.

Welcome onboard...

Regarding your post the issue is that you did not give any link whatsoever and did not mention any such outside source, however dodgy it maybe...

So it is only natural that we assume this is your personal point of view...

Also, this post should have gone in the FC-20 thread and by reading that thread you may not even have posted this because already a lot of questions have been answered in that thread...

Opening a new thread should be done carefully and care should be taken to ensure that it is absolutely necessary to create a new thread...

Honest enough mistakes, just learn from them my friend...

Regarding the 5th Generation, nothing is for sale and till that is possible what is the use of PAF declaring any intent...Pakistan armed forces usually keep a tight lid on such future agreements/procurements till something concrete is on ground...

Please go through the forum first and if you have already gone through the forum then pleas change your flag.

:rofl::rofl:
Mister tell me we drop J-10B, then what else should we do??
ur Expert opinion will be really appreciated :lol:...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom