What's new

Should Pakistan ban air-dropped cluster bombs?

Should Pakistan ban the use of cluster bombs?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No. They are the 'hell from above' and can pressurize enemy by use on civilians.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No only if they are guranteed to be used against military, not civilians.

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why we alone ? ask india china first if they ban it we have to ban same day otherwise HIJARA ROCKEEY are in service till we need them

I would say everything is OK in LOVE and WAR.

Dont use it on civilian population.But its is very effective against tanks formations or while bombing runways .

Since I can not cast the vote I will have my say via a thread. I go for the NO option.

No- it should not be banned-

The enemies have every right to die like burned coal be it a soldier or civilian-

2lsjj9j.jpg

HIJARA (Anti-Armour Bomb) which contains 247 copper-cone based shaped charges for armour penetration. In the background IDS manufactured 'Starfish Naval Ground Mine' (SNGM) is visible. SNGM is a modern and advanced mine, which employs acoustic, magnetic and pressure sensors. It can be launched from ships, submarines and aircraft and is fully compatible with existing deployment systems. It is operable in water depths from 10m to 250m and is highly effective weapon against ship and submarine targets

I have different thoughts.I will prefer to ban(or not to use) this as other countries are doing.More than 100 countries agreed to the text of the resulting Convention on Cluster Munitions in May 2008 which sets out a comprehensive ban on these weapons.
Why should we ban this:
As all weapons are dangerous, but cluster bombs pose a particular threat to civilians for two reasons: they have a wide area of effect, and they have consistently left behind a large number of unexploded bomblets. The unexploded bomblets can remain dangerous for decades after the end of a conflict.
Given that each cluster bomb can contain hundreds of bomblets and be fired in volleys, even a small failure rate can lead each strike to leave behind hundreds or thousands of UXOs scattered randomly across the strike area. For example, after the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict, UN experts have estimated that as many as one million unexploded bomblets may contaminate the hundreds of cluster munition strike sites in Lebanon.

Civilian deaths from unexploded cluster bomblets
In Vietnam, people are still being killed as a result of cluster bombs and other objects left by the US and Vietnamese military forces. Estimates range up to 300 people killed annually by unexploded ordnance.
Some 270 million cluster submunitions were dropped on Laos in the 1960s and 1970s; approximately one third of these submunitions failed to explode and continue to pose a threat today
During the 1999 NATO war against Yugoslavia U.S. and Britain dropped 1,400 cluster bombs in Kosovo. Within the first year after the end of the war more than 100 civilians died from unexploded British and American bombs. Unexploded cluster bomblets caused more civilian deaths than landmines
Israel used cluster bombs in Lebanon in 1978 and in the 1980s. Those weapons used more than two decades ago by Israel continue to affect Lebanon. During the 2006 war in Lebanon Israel fired large numbers of cluster bombs in Lebanon, containing an estimated more than 4 million cluster submunitions. In the first month following the ceasefire, unexploded cluster munitions killed or injured an average of 3-4 people per day

That's why I will Never Never Never support to use Cluster bomb despite i know India is not part of treaty.
Big NO from me to use cluster in war.
Big Yes from me, to ban or sign treaty as other countries are doing now:thinktank:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom