What's new

Should Imran Khan's government Pardon Nawaz Sharif and his family?

FuturePAF

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/243037-If-convicted-will-Nawaz-get-a-presidential-pardon

While this is not an original thought, the current health of the former prime minister and the unrest his death in prison may cause should make the Prime Minister consider some kind of pardon for the Prime Minister in exchange for a confession of bad judgement and request for forgiveness from the people. To show his sincerity, he can donate to legitimate charitable causes of his choice. Some may see this as a way for him to purchase his freedom, but hear me out. His party is devastated politically and with former leader in jail on corruption charges, the PML-N will not be able to rid itself of the image of so corrupt they ended up in jail.

While he might get out for some time for medical treatment, his party would suffer seeing him brought in and out of prison. If he expunges this conviction with a pardon, he can retire in London, and his party can move on.

For the Prime Minister, while letting PML-N off the hook can be dangerous in the long run, the effect of Nawaz Sharif dying in Prison will cast a shadow over the PTI government all the way until the next election. PNL-N party workers would more viamently obstruct reforms, and people may see the prime minister as jut another vindictive leader.

If the Prime Minister's government pardon's Nawaz Sharif, in exchange for the above terms, Imran Khan can be see as a merciful leader, to some people too naive, but never a murderer. A major concession could be PML-N and its party apparatus promising to not interfere in reforms in the Punjab specifically, and the nation as a whole generally. PML-N would also not partner with PPP to support them undermining reforms either.

Its a hard decision to make, but in Naya Pakistan, new thinking is needed to create long lasting change.

they should not waste tax payer's money by keeping him in jail
get some stupid money out of him already
forget the lawful course, it will take years, and then he will be set free by the courts
tell him to cough up a lot of money if he wants to go home

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/243037-If-convicted-will-Nawaz-get-a-presidential-pardon

While this is not an original thought, the current health of the former prime minister and the unrest his death in prison may cause should make the Prime Minister consider some kind of pardon for the Prime Minister in exchange for a confession of bad judgement and request for forgiveness from the people. To show his sincerity, he can donate to legitimate charitable causes of his choice. Some may see this as a way for him to purchase his freedom, but hear me out. His party is devastated politically and with former leader in jail on corruption charges, the PML-N will not be able to rid itself of the image of so corrupt they ended up in jail.

While he might get out for some time for medical treatment, his party would suffer seeing him brought in and out of prison. If he expunges this conviction with a pardon, he can retire in London, and his party can move on.

For the Prime Minister, while letting PML-N off the hook can be dangerous in the long run, the effect of Nawaz Sharif dying in Prison will cast a shadow over the PTI government all the way until the next election. PNL-N party workers would more viamently obstruct reforms, and people may see the prime minister as jut another vindictive leader.

If the Prime Minister's government pardon's Nawaz Sharif, in exchange for the above terms, Imran Khan can be see as a merciful leader, to some people too naive, but never a murderer. A major concession could be PML-N and its party apparatus promising to not interfere in reforms in the Punjab specifically, and the nation as a whole generally. PML-N would also not partner with PPP to support them undermining reforms either.

Its a hard decision to make, but in Naya Pakistan, new thinking is needed to create long lasting change.

I feel like kicking your *** till u say sorry for suggesting it

they should not waste tax payer's money by keeping him in jail
get some stupid money out of him already
forget the lawful course, it will take years, and then he will be set free by the courts
tell him to cough up a lot of money if he wants to go home
It would send wrong message.
At no cost should this precedent be set that you can pay and go free. He should be punished to the fullest extent and made an example of as a deterrent for future.

It would send wrong message.
At no cost should this precedent be set that you can pay and go free. He should be punished to the fullest extent and made an example of as a deterrent for future.
and the money
we dont need a person in jail
we need money for the country

what the court is doing with Malik Riaz should be the actual method

tell them to cough up the money, then let them go free
catch them again after a few years and take more money from them
they will literally become money making machines

and the money
we dont need a person in jail
we need money for the country

what the court is doing with Malik Riaz should be the actual method

tell them to cough up the money, then let them go free
catch them again after a few years and take more money from them
they will literally become money making machines
You are too short sighted to see the implications of this action.

No under no circumstances. He has got away with it for far too long. He is a corrupt thug. He should be make an example. Close to Billion people in the world lives with Heart conditions. Millions of them have angina pain every day.
Why these people should be exempted from law and punishment!!

Last edited:
20 billion usd and not just IK awaaam will also forgive him.

I absolutely agree with the idea..

Lets just not pardon him, but pardon all the prisoners in Pakistani jails, including Kulbhushan Yadav.. Lets have a fresh start.. Let all other terrorists who were hanged from 1947 onwards come back to life and start a fresh life..

Let all the criminals start looting/ murdering the innocent Pakistanis again..

Lets do it

I feel like kicking your *** till u say sorry for suggesting it

Easy Brother, I'm paying devil advocate to flush out the issues, I am not in favor of it. I am sorry raising this issue in such a direct manner has caused hurt to you. This forum is about national defense, and this sub-forum is Internal Security. It is through that prism that I laid out all the arguments that could be made in favor of this argument, and I want to see the arguments that can be made to counter it for the record. We must discuss not only military equipment but the government policies that can potentially have more of an impact then any weapons system could. Judging by how fast the responses are coming in, we on this forum know we are against it, but how do you think it would play out on the streets. Has PML-N ability to cause chaos been broken? So they alongside PPP can not obstruct the reforms PTI is making.

Easy Brother, I'm paying devil advocate to flush out the issues, I am not in favor of it. I am sorry raising this issue in such a direct manner has caused hurt to you. This forum is about national defense, and this sub-forum is Internal Security. It is through that prism that I laid out all the arguments that could be made in favor of this argument, and I want to see the arguments that can be made to counter it for the record. We must discuss not only military equipment but the government policies that can potentially have more of an impact then any weapons system could. Judging by how fast the responses are coming in, we on this forum know we are against it, but how do you think it would play out on the streets. Has PML-N ability to cause chaos been broken? So they alongside PPP can not obstruct the reforms PTI is making.
Then you should know that a threat to national security always remains a threat.. no matter what!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom