What's new

Shenzhen, one of the fastest-growing cities in the world

One more thing I respect about China is that they develop cities with proper planning. This is the reason why most of the contracts for designing future cities of India like the GIFT, Dholera and others on DMIC have been given to Chinese design companies.

I have full faith of Chinese designers and planners. :tup:

Nice developed city. :tup:

No offence but why are cities around the world trying to be like Manhattan ? I mean can't planners try to portray their culture at least ? Frankly, i don't see any difference between Dubai, Kuala Lumpur Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Chicago, etc...

leave it to the China bashing troll to post the best picture....

ShenzhenSkyline.jpg

what has league of legends to do with shenzhen??

Riot Games is a part of Tencent
the China's largest and most used Internet service provider, in Shenzhen...

and what is more...

1. Tencent took a minority stake in EPIC Gamer (the developer of Unreal Engine)
2. 10.26 percent stake of DST (a Russian investment firm that holds a stake in Facebook )
3. 49% stake in Singapore's gaming company Level-up
4. ZAM Network (operating online gaming communities, eg. WOWHEAD.com) is also a part of Tencent
++ Comsenz (developer of Discuz, China’s most-used BBS), eLong, Kingsoft, 51buy, okbuy, ... babababa

No offence but why are cities around the world trying to be like Manhattan ? I mean can't planners try to portray their culture at least ? Frankly, i don't see any difference between Dubai, Kuala Lumpur Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Chicago, etc...

yeah, it's quite funny
but all american movies says, that's what a "modern city" looks like
again, again and again, then the planners were brainwashed

another reason is, designing "a different version" is not easy
because we need high-rise office buildings as well

Wow.......here in Rome you wonder how to locate even a single skyscraper because there aren't any :hitwall:

Wow.......here in Rome you wonder how to locate even a single skyscraper because there aren't any :hitwall:

but Rome and other EU cities have lots lots of great historic buildings !
people always admire advantages of others, ignoring what they already have ......

there is scarcely a major building of any age in Beijing that doesn't have at least some national historical significance.[12] Beijing is renowned for its opulent palaces, temples, and huge stone walls and gates.
Beijing alone boasts 6 UNESO world heritage listed sites
Beijing
p0.jpg

d1e.jpg

gh360.jpg

summerpalace5.jpg

e793_o.jpg

f2e78.jpg

Ah Rome. Visited there like 3 times. Never ever should there by skyscrapers. Love the way it is and know for. I think Milan is enough if you are looking for modernity...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom