What's new

Share your childhood memories

One of the memories is of me aged 12 or 13 going to a fair arranged at the local air force station.

I got onto to a small Ferris Wheel and beside me on the same seat a girl of perhaps my age came and sat. The wheel started turning and the girl started speaking to me but all I could do was be terrified whenever my seat reached the top and me wanting to jump off.

---

@Mentee @RealNapster @Zibago @BDforever @Bilal9 @Moonlight - Share your memories.

Well i have a sharp memory when it come to events, haan numbers mjhy yad ni reh paty wo alag baat hy. But i remember my first crush, she was my classmate from montessori till class 4. Loved her alot. Her house, was also close to my house so i would usually go there and just watch her doing stuff. Once on valentines day (which is my 10th birthday) i convinced my cousin (same age) to come with me and give her a rose. Time is around 11 pm summers (usually we would stay awake till 12-1 am due to electricity loadshedding). So we both went there. I stood at her gate for about 15-20 minutes but was unable to go inside (ab itni himat hoti to aaj tak single hota kia) .... so i just put that rose in front of the gate and come back. Now she have 3 kids. 2 daughters one son. The elder kid is of age 7. While i am still single.

One of the memories is of me aged 12 or 13 going to a fair arranged at the local air force station.

I got onto to a small Ferris Wheel and beside me on the same seat a girl of perhaps my age came and sat. The wheel started turning and the girl started speaking to me but all I could do was be terrified whenever my seat reached the top and me wanting to jump off.

---

@Mentee @RealNapster @Zibago @BDforever @Bilal9 @Moonlight - Share your memories.

My most of the memories are how got injured. How I got fractured finger. How I got injured and then got few stitches on arm. Lol

Once I tried running from home ,without any equipments, but end up sitting on the staircase near my house as I realised there is nowhere to go. And after few hours my sister came to bring me back. No one mentions this scene its kinda awkward tho haha

how many of yoy have sniffed spirit as kid? not for nasha but for smell and evetually becoming an adiction

I remember flipping the switch to the ground water motor with wet hands and getting electrocuted. Luckily my uncle had reduced the watts in the house, otherwise I would have been long gone.

how many of yoy have sniffed spirit as kid? not for nasha but for smell and evetually becoming an adiction
Spirit, petrol, dettol, nailpolish remover...and the list is long...:cheesy:

I had my roza khushai when I was 7 and it was a big day. I didn't take my mid day nap and did all the namaz ba jamaat. The last few hours were really tough and I thought I was gonna die. :undecided:
Prior to my roza khushai mom trained us with a socalled 'aadha roza'. She would wake us up for the sehri and feed us well. Next meal was served around 13:00 so we skipped the breakfast and called it 'adha roza'.
What a great way to prepare kids for the ramadan. If I have kids in future, I'll follow my mom. :toast_sign:

Mine are mostly related to "stuff" not specific experiences
taleemotarbiyatjuly2012-180123121106-thumbnail.jpg

taleem o tarbiyat was a BIG part of my childhood - especially that red hat character
images (81).jpeg

I read surguzisht digest for 2 things
1- shabaz / spy character who used to kick Indian, Israeli, terrorist butt (I later found out writer was actually handicapped IRL 😭😂)
2- their not so hidden written details about "romantic" relationships used to make me horny
Barasch-Avatar.jpg

Self explanatory
58a779443ca64 (1).jpg

maxresdefault (6) (1).jpg

1545155735-4581.jpg

If you grew up in Pakistan especially Panjab
you already know what it is 😁
maxresdefault (12).jpg

Brian_Lara_Cricket_'99_Coverart.png

Sand Andreas too

Some of these songs aren't exactly childhood per SE but close enough - or nostalgic enough
This one's probably just me but
Grey hound racing, tent pegging tournaments
hq720.jpg

2019_3$largeimg30_Saturday_2019_124323406.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------
Share yours too people

@Mentee @DESERT FIGHTER @Paitoo @KedarT @RealNapster @Mirzali Khan @Great Janjua @lastofthepatriots

samad bond bro!! nailpolish remover smelled amazing! lakin issue jai bacpun ki adaat pachpan (55) tak nai iaati :(
I always thought people using samad bond as a drug was an urban legend😕
Ditto for petrol ka Nasha

I remember flipping the switch to the ground water motor with wet hands and getting electrocuted. Luckily my uncle had reduced the watts in the house, otherwise I would have been long gone.
Yes lol 😂

Last edited:
My first day at school is etched in my memory. It was late 1968 and I was just over fours years old. My mum told me not to eat any non halal food during lunch. And when lunch came I refused everything but for some weird reason ended up with just big lump of mash which I slowly scooped whilst all other kids had all sorts on their plates. I also remember freezing during breaktime because the school uniform used shorts instead of trousers and when playing around I fell ~ ending up scraping my knees. I was the only non white kid in the school and felt really strange but teachers were nice except the disgusting headteacher who smoked a tabaco pipe and smelled like crap.

I believe Shakira has similiar origin?
I feel like Mum's tell that to everyone but after a while 60-70% kids/ adults stop giving a f after a while

Idc but I just hide it from her cause it'll break her heart

Well for me there was this Urdu teacher in grade 2, social studies teacher in grade 3, social studies teacher in grade 5, English teacher in grade 6, English and social studies teacher in grade 7, social studies teacher in grade 8, biology teacher in grade 9, computer sciences teacher in grade 10, urdu teacher in grade 11 and computer sciences teacher in grade 12. :woot::woot::woot:
Shit, I was a really tharki student come to think of it now o_O
English teacher, math teacher multiple times
Urdu teachers were always old and ugly for some reason

Ajeeb si baat hai. Bachpan may kya kya hua hai logon kay sath
Kisi ko chummi milli teacher say kisi ko hug and mostly crush scenes.
Bas sunte jao inki
A guy in the 7th grade used to brag about kissing a 9th-grade/metric 'baddie.' Not only that, but 'she' pushed him into the school closet for the kiss. Everyone knew he was BS-ing, but you had to go along with it.

9/10 guys are lying when they brag about their childhood sexual encounters🤥

Last edited:
Mine are mostly related to "stuff" not specific experiences
View attachment 960937
taleem o tarbiyat was a BIG part of my childhood - especially that red hat character
View attachment 960938
I read surguzisht digest for 2 things
1- shabaz / spy character who used to kick Indian, Israeli, terrorist butt (I later found out writer was actually handicapped IRL 😭😂)
2- their not so hidden written details about "romantic" relationships used to make me horny
View attachment 960939
Self explanatory
View attachment 960940
View attachment 960941
View attachment 960942
If you grew up in Pakistan especially Panjab
you already know what it is 😁
View attachment 960943
View attachment 960948
Sand Andreas too

Some of these songs aren't exactly childhood per SE but close enough - or nostalgic enough
This one's probably just me but
Grey hound racing, tent pegging tournaments
View attachment 960946
View attachment 960947
---------------------------------------------------------
Share yours too people

@Mentee @DESERT FIGHTER @Paitoo @KedarT @RealNapster @Mirzali Khan @Great Janjua @lastofthepatriots

I always thought people using samad bond as a drug was an urban legend😕
Ditto for petrol ka Nasha

Yes lol 😂
My childhood memories are mixed. We struggled financially when I was in school. I didn't like to go to school because my dad enrolled me into a fancy school, sacrificing his own comforts. I was one of the poorest kids in the class. The teachers also favoured kids who looked posh and spoke well. The girls also hung around with similar set of guys. It was a group of 5 kids, all from poor families who got along well - Myself, a bengali, a tamil, a UP muslim and a sikh. We got along very well and are in touch even today after 35 years.

It may sound strange, but our books and magazines of that time had no mention of Pakistan at all. No butt kicking of Pakistanis or Muslims. The few Muslims characters who existed were all shown in good light - Nasiruddin Hoja the comic and Anwar the cute innocent kid in Tinkle Comics. From time to time stories from the Arabian Nights were adapted and always shown in a good light. Amar Chitra Katha (the same guys who published Tinkle) mostly had stories from Hindu, Buddhist and Jain folkore, where the heros and villains were Hindus, Buddhist or Jains, because the stories were all from pre Islamic era. So there were no Muslim villains. Our popular culture did not treat Muslims as villains and Pakistan did not even exist remotely in any of this.

When I grew up a bit, I developed interest in Asterix and Tintin. The Tamil friend of mine gravitated towards Commando comics and was crazy about them. I couldn't relate to them at all. The Muslim friend became a bit bohemian and drifted away. The sikh guy's family migrated to UK and we lost touch for some time. The Bengali guy went into theatre and became a little snooty before coming back to his senses. The majority of our class were Hindu Punjabis whose families had migrated from Pakistan. They had strong resentment against Pakistan, inherited from their parents.

Back
Top Bottom