What's new

Shahed-129 MALE UCAV | News and Discussions

Guys, the ratio between the FLIR ball and body diameter of both planes seems to be same. Same goes with the upper air intake. The wing span also look to be very similar. I think what's happening is that due to the height difference between the 2 landing gear, the older one is sitting somewhat lower than the one with retractable gears. And that may give the illusion that it is smaller.

Agree :tup:

As for the missiles, they seem to have come out of nowhere! They are quite large, and therefore must have a good range and destructive power. It's amazing!

Guys at IMF posted some images of the Spike and they look somewhat similar. But apparently spike is only 63cm long. And it does't have retractable winglets in the body. The Hellfire by comparison is 163cm long.

Here's what I posted on IMF:

Looking at this image, if we assume the guys standing next to the missiles are in the 175-180cm height range, then the missiles must be in 2 meter range.

c0f6aa56-0aa7-44f8-9921-312de9cae886-19.jpg

@500 ... we will see each other soon ... this one is nothing in front of the one coming in next 2 month !

Just remember how you insulted me 4 month ago :coffee:
I dont remember insulting u, but I apologize anyway. Wish all the best to u and your sis Malika :smart:

As for the missiles, they seem to have come out of nowhere! They are quite large, and therefore must have a good range and destructive power. It's amazing!

Guys at IMF posted some images of the Spike and they look somewhat similar. But apparently spike is only 63cm long. And it does't have retractable winglets in the body. The Hellfire by comparison is 163cm long.

img62310751.jpg

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually , americans lost so much in Iraq & Afghanistan ! you know what i mean !!!

congratulation to all Iranians and friends, I'm glad to see the new government and military officials are realizing they should change the way of unveiling, I hope we will hear good news as we heard last days.

S-129 uses some different kind of missiles that i'm interested in one of them.
At first i thought they are spike MR/LR , but when i looked at them better, i realized they are not original israeli spikes, they are reverse engineered of spike MR/LR or their shape is just like them, look at the seeker, it looks like the seeker of ghased series bomb and is clearly different than israeli spikes, and the body is look like TOW missiles. i think this unveliling is not just about S_129, we also are seeing new missiles in our arsenal that have not been unveiled officially.

vlcsnap-2013-09-27-13h33m49s227.png

attachment.php

------------------------------
a while ago i posted a news about new airfield for drones (UAV base) in island of Qeshm and it was completed in 2012.

1486958-main.jpg

it seems they were already operational.

I dont remember insulting u, but I apologize anyway. Wish all the best to u and your sis Malika :smart:

img62310751.jpg

:whistle:

Well OK, I stand corrected. But the images of the Spike I'd seen didn't have the retractable winglets.

d6407294-18b2-4804-ad17-d0a4247b1560.Large.jpg

Spike-NLOS-1.jpg

However, this particular arrangement far predates the Spike. The Iranians have been operating the TOW since the 70s.

But that missile is something else. It's quite a bit larger and potentially more versatile and well suited for use with a UCAV.

congratulation to all Iranians and friends, I'm glad to see the new government and military officials are realizing they should change the way of unveiling, I hope we will hear good news as we heard last days.

It doesn't relate to new government, It's IRGC job, It is developed, built by IRGC and unveiled yesterday by IRGC just in presence of top ranking IRGC commanders: IRGC commander and commander of Arospace force of IRGC.
IRGC has already had such approache too.

Back
Top Bottom