What's new

Shahed-129 MALE UCAV | News and Discussions

You know how many Kowsars are ordered? Less than 15 over many years! That is a token amount. I will be surprised if we even see that many built.

So tell me, IF Iran has ability to build J-85 at a rapid rate and IF Kowsar has more capability than then current F-5 then why the pathetic order?

How many iterations of F-5 does have Iran have to go to?

Answer is simple, Iran can either refurbish/overhaul existing J-85s and possibly build small numbers of them to replace burned out ones in existing F-5’s.

If it takes Iran 15 years to build 50 J-85 engines then it’s worthless because the engine is obsolete and by 2035 it will be a dinosaur.

RD-33 was a nice engine back in 2003 when Shafagh project was being developed. 16 years later it’s long in the tooth.

Iran Air Force isn’t going to accept a plane with subpar engines. It is willing to buy foreign.

So until you get an actual platform that impresses the Air Force, all your doing is giving a few engineers some fun time on the playground.
what difference would kowsar make in case of confrontation with saudis?? noting. the number they mentioned makes sense for a training and light attack plane.

Last edited:
CrV4z_gUAAEgYrP.jpg

This is what Shahred-129 looks like in the air.

CrV4z_gUAAEgYrP.jpg

It looks very close to me. It is closer to Shahed 129 than Reaper. This is Reaper:
las-vegas-nov-17-mq-9-reaper-drone-demo-in-usaf-air-show-at-nellis-air-force-base-on-nov-17-2019-at-las-vegas-nevada-2ABDPE7.jpg

US has been active in drone strikes in Idlib and recently Iran announced that they have done strikes in Idlib. It is worth to have a close look.

Last edited:
CrV4z_gUAAEgYrP.jpg

Shahed-129 engine intake is above the fuselage , in this drone its below it
Shahed_129_%284%29.jpg

and its not predator as the tail wing on predator look down not up
It looks very close to me. It is closer to Shahed 129 than predator. This is predator:
las-vegas-nov-17-mq-9-reaper-drone-demo-in-usaf-air-show-at-nellis-air-force-base-on-nov-17-2019-at-las-vegas-nevada-2ABDPE7.jpg

US has been active in drone strikes in Idlib and recently Iran announced that they have done strikes in Idlib. It is worth to have a close look.
this is MQ-9 Reaper not MQ-1 Predator. this is Predator
MQ-1B_Predator_unmanned_aircraft.jpg

Shahed-129 engine intake is above the fuselage , in this drone its below it
Shahed_129_%284%29.jpg

and its not predator as the tail wing on predator look down not up

this is MQ-9 Reaper not MQ-1 Predator. this is Predator
MQ-1B_Predator_unmanned_aircraft.jpg

I edited my initial post.
The drone in the footage lacks satellite antenna which goes against Reaper. You can see it from multiple views if you look through the whole footage. No satellite antenna.

I posted the footage to see if you guys agree this is Shahed 129.

Rebels in Idlib reported that they lost two of their agents in a drone strike on a car. Footage just released.

The drone footage is released by the rebels. Usually US is blamed for these attacks in Idlib but look at the footage yourself.

AFAIK a "ninja bomb" was used in this action and its an U.S made missile -> US drone

https://southfront.org/ninja-bomb-s...horas-al-din-commanders-in-idlib-city-videos/

I edited my initial post.
The drone in the footage lacks satellite antenna which goes against Reaper. You can see it from multiple views if you look through the whole footage. No satellite antenna.

I posted the footage to see if you guys agree this is Shahed 129.
well , it more look like Shahed but as I said Shahed-129 has an intake over the body. but interestingly the Shahed-129 prototypes and its early variants has engine intake under the body
20130928-105818.jpg

honestly I didn't knew we still use those prototypes

AFAIK a "ninja bomb" was used in this action and its an U.S made missile -> US drone

https://southfront.org/ninja-bomb-s...horas-al-din-commanders-in-idlib-city-videos/
which USA drone that was ? it certainly look like an early variant of Shahed-129 , but I can;t name a USA drone that look like that.

well , it more look like Shahed but as I said Shahed-129 has an intake over the body. but interestingly the Shahed-129 prototypes and its early variants has engine intake under the body
20130928-105818.jpg

honestly I didn't knew we still use those prototypes
These were the first generation production models with 2 intakes,one top mounted and the other underneath the fuselage that was probably used for the radiator,the top mounted intake was also much smaller and non symmetrical with an odd stepped intake.
hqdefault.jpg

The new larger oval top mounted intake on the latest shahed 129 models could possibly be for an intercooler and might be a sign that the shahed 129 is now using the rotax 215 fuel injected engine.

Back
Top Bottom