What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

79838518_2423548567772827_1973971886979153920_n.jpg

Just noticed SH-15 ground clearance is very less for operating in rugged area . it should have more ground clearance to operate smoothly in rugged region .
SH-15 IDEAS-2018-Karachi.jpeg

SH-15 howitzer (export version of PCL181) during IDEAS-2018 28-11-2018(13ec).jpg

SH-15[ec].jpg

@Inception-06 @Signalian @HRK @Path-Finder @Starlord @JPMM @Zulfiqar @TF141

I have seen lots of discussions regarding future employment of wheeled SPHs in PA, especially when surplus M109s have arrived from Italy and Canada. Here is my theory...

Historically, towed artillery has formed the backbone of Corps Arty Bdes. These bdes, besides supporting Corps Tps, have the specialized counter-battery role.

Towards the end of the previous decade, PA procured SLC-2 radars in significant numbers adding to the existing inventory of AN/TPQ-36 Firefinder's. SLC-2 Depot level maintenance was established and a number of new Locating Regiments raised. Mini UAVs also came in and Corps Arty Bdes under all Corps were attached 1× Loc Regt each.

In the 1990s and 2000s, it used to be 1× Loc Battery per Corps Arty Bde, regardless there was MBRL Battery or Regiment present or not.

Expansion to Loc Regt suggested an imminent revamp in Corps Arty Bdes to increase counter-battery capabilities. With the induction of wheeled SPHs in future, these would be achieved. :pakistan:

I have seen lots of discussions regarding future employment of wheeled SPHs in PA, especially when surplus M109s have arrived from Italy and Canada. Here is my theory...

Historically, towed artillery has formed the backbone of Corps Arty Bdes. These bdes, besides supporting Corps Tps, have the specialized counter-battery role.

Towards the end of the previous decade, PA procured SLC-2 radars in significant numbers adding to the existing inventory of AN/TPQ-36 Firefinder's. SLC-2 Depot level maintenance was established and a number of new Locating Regiments raised. Mini UAVs also came in and Corps Arty Bdes under all Corps were attached 1× Loc Regt each.

In the 1990s and 2000s, it used to be 1× Loc Battery per Corps Arty Bde, regardless there was MBRL Battery or Regiment present or not.

Expansion to Loc Regt suggested an imminent revamp in Corps Arty Bdes to increase counter-battery capabilities. With the induction of wheeled SPHs in future, these would be achieved. :pakistan:

Anything on tracks is a headache from maintenance to operational costs. Its all about cost and availability. Truck chassis is the way forward. You can drive the truck where needed and remain there as long as necessary. Just imagine driving to any border east or west with a towed gun, or a tracked SPH which would first have to be driven there on a truck and then made operational. that is adding a unnecessary strain.

But have to give credit where due by getting surplus M109 a massive punch has been added to strike corp in tandem with wheeled guns.

79838518_2423548567772827_1973971886979153920_n.jpg

Just noticed SH-15 ground clearance is very less for operating in rugged area . it should have more ground clearance to operate smoothly in rugged region .
It is due to the “rise and fall” suspension on chassis. This position is the fall position for maximum stability and accuracy. See the attached picture.
3802CDB9-F6C4-4B23-8D3F-608BFF552119.jpeg

usually chinese deliver stuff with in a few weeks. if this was from PLA inventory it would b faster. but i don't think pla has these yet. i could be wrong.

in 2002 Chinese Airforce lent pakista 90 F7PG aircraft from their inventory with in 1 day. this is not 2002 it is 2020. think big. as friendships and reliance has grown so have the assets.
These Howitzers will be newly built so probably is going to take a couple of years. will take even longer if TOT and local manufacturing are involved.

In future here I think wheeled SPHs might be used more for counter-battery role leaving tracked for strike formations.

Any idea about whether do we have SADARM type shells/rockets for counter battery/anti armor role?

Leaving 12 guns for training PA can raise 16 to 24 regiments of wheeled SPHs (depending upon using 18 or 12 guns per regt).

These can be then divided within the 7 india facing corps level formations for Corps Arty Bdes (as partial/full replacement of towed artillery in these brigades).

Last edited:
China manufactures a version of it. My internet is getting laggy af at end of the month but here you go.

Yes, I know about the chinese version. Hence, I used the word SADARM "type" in order to cover sourcing from countries other than US.

I think, PA was evaluating these guns for last several years and they considered many options Including Nora guns but now finalised this SH 15. Good choice and good numbers too 300.
They can be used through out international border to protected motherland.

Back
Top Bottom