What's new

Serving Brigadier arrested for suspected links with Hizbut Tahrir

EvoluXon

Reaction score
Updated at: 1607 PST, Tuesday, June 21, 2011
RAWALPINDI: A senior Pakistan Army official has been arrested due to his links with a banned outfit, DG ISPR confirmed to Geo News.

According DG ISPR, Major-General Athar Abbas, Brigadier Ali Khan who was on a routine GHQ posting is being probed and any further information would hamper the probe.

He added that the Army had a strict system of internal security and no one was allowed to violate Army discipline. No further details were provided about the Brigadier.

source Army detains officer over links with banned outfit - GEO.tv

nope. what you have written is gross generalization. 1 or 2 black sheep's caught does not mean that its libral v. Extremists.
if we go according to ur logic Operation Rah e Rast and Rah e Nijaat would have been great failures. Pakistani Nation and its forces are united against extremism

Some peoples just wrote the words...........without thinking and making anyalsis.

now its war within Pak army Radicals vs Liberals.

Tomorow u will say ...Two nation theory was based by radicalz ....it shold be changed or the whole Pakistan who believed in two nation Theory or Kalma is all radical......:azn:
radicalz are those who dont know the truth/reality of Islam and just enforcing something got no relationship with Islam and insisting that this is Islam......:what:

A senior Pakistan Army official has been arrested due to his links with Hizb ul Tahreer

He was linked to the terrorist organization called Hizbut Tahrir.

Brigadier detained for having links to banned organisation – The Express Tribune

The s

T-Faz can you explain why you deleted my posts?you dont wanna see the truth?or what?Just be in front of Allah and watch those videos what are you gonna think?are we not going towards another bangladesh?just say yes or no dont elaborate it because i am really fedup with moderators here specially with you you are running this forum as a propaganda machine.just say yes or no so i can just leave using this forum coz i dont feel like pakistani anymore coz of the treatment a pushtun is getting.just check my other posts i am much more patriotic then anyone one this forum check all my threads but still double standereds

Serving Brigadier arrested for suspected links with militants
21-6-2011

Pakistan Army has arrested a senior officer deployed at the General Headquarters Rawalpindi on the charges of his alleged links with a banned outfit, report said on Tuesday. According to the report Brigadier Ali Khan had been deployed at GHQ’s Regulation Directorate for two years. The report said he was being interrogated with regard to his alleged links with the militant organization. According to the sources close to the family of the accused he did not return home on the evening of May 6. On families queries it was told that Ali khan has been detained for questioning and he would be back home soon. Army spokesman Major General Athar Abbas confirmed that the officer had been arrested, but released no further details on which groups he was alleged to have been in contact with. “The investigation is on and we follow a zero tolerance policy of any such activity within the army,” he added.

Brigadier ali khan of Pak Army arrested:ISPR
Bbcnewsupdate:According to the ISPR Pakistan Army has arrested Brigadier ali khan due to relation with some banned organisation.

He was in GHQ Pindi from last 2 years..He was arrested on 6th May.

His brother,son and son in law are also in Pakistan Army.His father was also in Pak Army.

Major General Athar Abbas DG ISPR said “The investigation is on and we follow a zero tolerance policy of any such activity within the army.”

Brigadier detained for having links to banned organisation
By Express / Reuters
Published: June 21, 2011

An officer on the condition of anonymity said that an official charge sheet against Khan has not surfaced but he is being investigated by the Special Investigative Branch (SIB). PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD:
A senior military officer posted at army headquarters has been taken into custody and is being investigated for having ties to a banned organisation.

According to a report on the BBC Urdu website on Tuesday, Brigadier Ali Khan, posted with the Regulation Directorate at General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, had gone ‘missing’ a month and a half back.

Director General Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), Major General Athar Abbas told Reuters that Khan was linked to Hizbul Tehrir.

“We follow zero tolerance policy of such activities within the military therefore prompt action was taken on detection,” Abbas said.

Hizbul Tehrir, or “Party of Liberation”, is a radical political group dedicated to reestablishing an Islamic Caliphate across the Muslim world. Active in Britain, it is banned in many Muslim countries for its calls to overthrow the sitting governments.

Abbas said efforts were also being made to arrest members of the group who were in contact with Khan.

Sources close to Khan’s family revealed he had not returned home on May 6. Senior military officers had told the family that he had been held back to answer some questions and that he would return soon. However, Khan’s family remained reluctant to talk to the media and approach the court for this case.

An officer on the condition of anonymity said that an official charge sheet against Khan has not surfaced but he is being investigated by the Special Investigative Branch (SIB).

Khan’s father was a junior-commissioned officer in the army and his brother is a serving colonel posted with an intelligence agency. His son-in-law and son are both captains in the army.

A senior military source said that the arrest of an officer with loyalty to the army stretching to three generations had become a worrisome issue for the army. Another officer linked to the case said that army chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani had personally given the order of Khan’s arrest.

Khan would be the highest-ranking serving army officer arrested in a decade.

T-Faz if you cant Explain your actions then dont be a moderator and stop deleting the posts which u personally dont like but make a undertaking and make all the members agree to it that its your personal forum and you can do anything you want.and remember you have to answer your actions infront of Allah when he will ask you that why you stopped people from knowing the truth?it not about pakistan or india or pushtun or punjabi its about justice and human rights

He was linked to the terrorist organization called Hizbut Tahrir.

Brigadier detained for having links to banned organisation – The Express Tribune

T-Faz can you explain why you deleted my posts?you dont wanna see the truth?or what?Just be in front of Allah and watch those videos what are you gonna think?are we not going towards another bangladesh?just say yes or no dont elaborate it because i am really fedup with moderators here specially with you you are running this forum as a propaganda machine.just say yes or no so i can just leave using this forum coz i dont feel like pakistani anymore coz of the treatment a pushtun is getting.just check my other posts i am much more patriotic then anyone one this forum check all my threads but still double standereds

I gave you a reason and I will reiterate it again.

Your post was anti-army propaganda, you were intentionally trying to divert from topic and highlight negative aspects.

You said it yourself, if Pashtuns were treated so badly, they would not make up such a large percent in our armed forces.

Pashtuns are a part and parcel of Pakistan, we have contributed to it and will continue to contribute towards it.

If you are a member of Hizbut Tahrir, then you should counter the allegations against them rather than post off topic posts or propaganda videos.

The fact of the matter is that its the Islamists who are trying to cause a rift between ethnicities like you did.

The PA is fighting a hard battle against terrorist and it has to be supported, you are either with it or against it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom