What's new

Senior educationist Dr Bernadette leaves Pakistan after receiving death threats

I see lots of open minded Pakistani in the forum who are opposed to Islamization of Pakistan..Is there a way you guys can voice your opinion to the government? Because these small small incidents slowly lead the country and society to totally degradation. (there are instances in India too btw but on different topics)

I wish to remain alive in the near future. The only people who get widespread support and state backing in this country are either the highly radicalized elements or extremist (former). The Govt itself doesn't care as long as it can run the country with stringent loans and aids and loot Pakistan in the meantime, its nothing to them if a senior educationist has left the country because of threats and hate campaign. These small incidents have been a norm and the country/society has been lead to total destruction, the extremist mindset can be seen widely in the nation after decades of indoctrination and support for extremists only ending after Musharraf joined the War on Terror. Obviously, the withdrawal symptoms of a radical Islam will take time to go. Though I am hopeful that recovery will come, even if at a high price.

I wish to remain alive in the near future. The only people who get widespread support and state backing in this country are either the highly radicalized elements or extremist (former). The Govt itself doesn't care as long as it can run the country with stringent loans and aids and loot Pakistan in the meantime, its nothing to them if a senior educationist has left the country because of threats and hate campaign. These small incidents have been a norm and the country/society has been lead to total destruction, the extremist mindset can be seen widely in the nation after decades of indoctrination and support for extremists only ending after Musharraf joined the War on Terror. Obviously, the withdrawal symptoms of a radical Islam will take time to go. Though I am hopeful that recovery will come, even if at a high price.
Its like every where in south asia or may be over all....Taking a right decision which is against the popular wrong perception of the society is not a easy game to play. So those who are in power though know the short term gain is long term loss, stick to the popular belief and slowly lead the country and society downwards...

Sorry, you are wrong, the constitution of Pakistan state it very clearly.."Islamic Republic of Pakistan"

Dude, Nation couldn't be of particular religion or ethnics, constitution could be of particular religion based securing rights of citizens of nation belongs to other religious groups or groups having particular traditional identity.

What a faiillllllllll.

What next, Islamic studies taught day and night and producing the next generation of jahil wahabi zombies.

Dude, Nation couldn't be of particular religion or ethnics, constitution could be of particular religion based securing rights of citizens of nation belongs to other religious groups or groups having particular traditional identity.
I disagree. When constitution says it is binding to a particular religion, then it also tells that nation belongs to particular religion. That religion will be always given preference.

But if your constitution applies to all citizenry, and if that constitution says 'Islamic' that would mean your country wants all its citizenry to be Islamic. There is no way you can wiggle out of that self imposed catastrophe.

That is why Jinnah, in spite of his other failings, did not introduce that term. But once he was gone the other morons sought it fit to amend and introduce 'Islamic' thus creating the slide for your country from which it has not recovered

Back
Top Bottom