What's new

Senior commanders from India and Pak meet for first time since Kargil War

janon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Senior commanders from India and Pak meet for first time since Kargil War | NDTV.com

Wagah-Attari Border: For the first time since the Kargil War, a senior military commander from India crossed over to the Pakistani side of the Wagah border to discuss the simmering tension along the Line of Control (LoC) or de-facto border in Kashmir. The military commander told NDTV that meeting was constructive and both sides decided that flag meetings at Brigade level should continue.

1. India's Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia met his Pakistani counterpart Major General Aamer Riaz at the Wagah-Attari border in Punjab.
  2. A brigadier and three lieutenant colonels from each side were also present at the meeting. "We discussed the ceasefire at LOC and other issues. We agreed to sustain the ceasefire," said Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia after the meeting.

3. The two DGMOs usually talk on a hotline every Tuesday.

4. In September, Dr Manmohan Singh met Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in New York and the two leaders said they would ask their military commanders to work on restoring the ceasefire first called in 2003.

5. This year saw the worst violations of that ceasefire. India has accused Pakistan's army of directly participating in deadly ambushes on Indian soldiers.

6. Clashes flared along the 740-km Line of Control that divides Kashmir on August 6 when five Indian soldiers were ambushed and killed in the Poonch region.

7. New Delhi blamed the attack on the Pakistan army. Islamabad denied involvement.

8. In October, India said that Pakistani troops had helped a group of 30 to 40 insurgents stage the biggest incursion in Kashmir in years, linking it to a plan to push fighters into the region as foreign forces withdraw from neighbouring Afghanistan.

9. India has accused Pakistan of nearly 200 violations of the 2003 cease-fire agreement this year.

10. Efforts to restart stalled peace talks between the countries have been moving slowly. India wants Pakistan to demonstrate its commitment to punishing those who helped plan and execute the 26/11 attack in Mumbai in which 166 people were killed.

Zardari gone, all Indians are going back to usual normalization.

Looks like another Martial Law is coming... Last time they met in person a martial law came.

52b9a29bd22ca.jpeg

52b9a2ba92df1.jpeg

52b9a2acd4402.jpeg

52b9a2a2c761d.jpeg

Armies are very particular about protocol , why we sent a Maj Gen to meet a Lt Gen from Indian Army ?

Armies are very particular about protocol , why we sent a Maj Gen to meet a Lt Gen from Indian Army ?

Both are DGMOs from their armies. As to why the Indian DGMO is a Lt General whereas the Pakistani DGMO is only a Maj General, I do not know.

Indian generals are feeling cold in bright sunny day and inside a (most likely) a heated room!

Zardari gone, all Indians are going back to usual normalization.

It is a bilateral meeting. Pakistanis are free not sit in this.

The day to you come out of yours multi-layered dreams you will come to know how India has been toying Pakistan.

It is a bilateral meeting. Pakistanis are free not sit in this.

The day to you come out of yours multi-layered dreams you will come to know how India has been toying Pakistan.

India failed to toy Pakistan during Musharraf regime.

I see the pakistani Armymen have their role model from West Point.

I see Indian generals are not wearing saffron thread any more!!!! Is it banned?

whats wrong? we sent two star general to meet indian 3 star general . but both are same job even pakistani general is one rank less then indian general .:frown:

Is that a tit for tat answer, if then yes! Saffron thread is a ceremonial wearing not every hindus wear it mind you.

It should be wear by PAK generals because when they try another Kargil and get killed then PAK can say "they wearing Saffron thread thats why they are not PAK general. I think Saffron thread will become mandatory in PAK army when it will goto war with India.

Back
Top Bottom