What's new

Sending Pakistan to Mars

Reading this thread I get the sense that Prof Hoodbhoy would be better appreciated and even utilized in India than Pakistan.

And if he was a pragmatic person he would have migrated, but he has remained in Pakistan due to nothing but patriotism. After all he has a degree from MIT and is a visiting professor at Carnegie Mellon.

He is teaching and educating future generations is as important if not more than running a humanitarian organization.

Not taking away anything from edhi Saab, everybody has different roles people here should appreciate role that Prof hoodbhoi is playing instead of comparison with edhi Saab.

Till the day comes when even a stray dog wants not for food and water we have no right to try and go to Mars.

Ok so building Nukes is good but building a space program which will help you is bad

I think what indians like to say about us is right. We do have an intelligence problem. Pakistani nation has an IQ level well below the world average. Thats why we cant get things done, things that are scientifically challenging or require good problem solving skills. The remedy to this problem is to develop a culture of thinking. Students must be encouraged to think deeply about things from a young age. Pakistani state has itself suppressed thought in public life uptill now otherwise people will be asking questions like why are we living with an imagined enemy ? So the change has to come from the topmost level. Pakistani state must change its policy from one of stupefying its people to one that promotes enlightenment.
That's utter b.s. mate!The average I.Q. level of a Pakistani/an Indian is pretty much the same after all majority of us are the descendants of the native Indic population and our national I.Q. levels are not that bad at all.The problem in case of Pakistan is that it is not allocating sufficient funds in the Higher Education sector at present.Once you start to allocate generous funds Pakistani Universities and Technical institutes will also produce thousands of top class scientists and engineers who will then guide the scientific development of your country in the right direction.India is only marginally better in this regard as we need to invest more and more funds in the Education and in the R&D sector if we want to excel in scientific development in the coming years.Right now we allocate only about 2% of our GDP in these sectors whereas China allocates more than 4% in this regard and hence you can clearly see the difference between China and India in the field of scientific R&D.

Good read, Science is the key to everything.

You don't grasp the connection between what Hoodbhoy writes and the "suffering" of Pakistan's population?
well i didn't read the article.. so i don't know.... I'm just saying we dont need to waste money on crap... while our population suffers... we not stupid like our neighbors... aka your other country.

Ok so building Nukes is good but building a space program which will help you is bad
Building nukes was a matter of survival...a space program is just something that is nice to have, not a necessity.

well i didn't read the article.. so i don't know.... I'm just saying we dont need to waste money on crap... while our population suffers... we not stupid like our neighbors... aka your other country.
as if your population is not suffering without a failed space program ......by the way it was reported 10 mn$ is the budget of supa(ri).co.......so don't be stupid like us stop wasting money in some failed organisation supa(ri).co

well i didn't read the article.. so i don't know...
Not good. In Britain, for example, the media are allowed to lie in their headlines, as long as they have the truth in their article (Zionists went to court about it, that's how I know.) Some of the AP and Reuters reporters tell me the same thing. So you've got to read the meat of the article to get at what the author is talking about.

(I'd like to have re-titled the article myself but the mods here impose a strict rule that I'm not allowed to do that.)

as if your population is not suffering without a failed space program ......by the way it was reported 10 mn$ is the budget of supa(ri).co.......so don't be stupid like us stop wasting money in some failed organisation supa(ri).co
supercargo does other things besides wasting money like your space agency.. suparco operates satellites with its budgets...which are essential to the country.

It is very sad to see so much negative response to an article written with a very good intention and petriotism at core. It seems that many pakistani members are not capable of appriciating so many good things. I had witnessed same negative reaction while Malala was given a Nobel prize. There were hardly any word of appreciation. responss were full of the comments like US agent, West agent.

Hoodbhoy is an educationist and ha analyzed some issue related to the education systems of Pakistan. You can discuss, Agree, Disagree, partly agree but his efforts must be appreciated.

The problem in case of Pakistan is that it is not allocating sufficient funds in the Higher Education sector at present..

No, More than that is redicalization of education. I have seen Mr. Hoodbhoys speeches highlighting that.

Good article, makes a lot of sense. As for the people saying Dr.Hoodbhoy should 'take steps' and that he 'does nothing', Well, he does a lot more than most Pakistanis combined. He is currently teaching at university level and undoubtedly takes considerable action to help educate Pakistanis.
Instead of having one person to work more and more, why not have more and more people to work a little?
As someone who completed his entire education at MIT, and still came back to serve Pakistan Dr. Hoodbhoy should be lauded and listened to.

Back
Top Bottom